Author Topic: Jussie Smollett Will Be the New O.J.  (Read 303 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jussie Smollett Will Be the New O.J.
« on: March 27, 2019, 01:52:00 pm »

Jussie Smollett Will Be the New O.J.
By Roger L. Simon March 26, 2019

News that Jussie Smollett was being let off without doing time for tying up the city of Chicago and half the world's media with his bizarre accusation of being beaten by homophobic Trump supporters in the middle of the night was met by predictable fury from Chicago's mayor and chief of police.

But they needn't worry. Smollett should. He will be the new O. J., another man getting away with a crime he committed in full public view. That didn't work out very well for The Juice. In fact, he's a pariah for life. And it won't for Smollett either. He will be a despised person for the rest of his days and a symbol of unequal justice. He might as well have gone to jail, served the time, and been forgiven.

Yes, the media was playing up a potential sentence of 48 years, but that would have been unlikely to have happened. It would have been a few years and out, especially if the man apologized. Now he's in the situation of perpetually defending himself. Maybe he should hire a detective as O. J. did, promising to find just who the perps were — someone perhaps in "the world of Faye Resnick," as Johnny Cochran famously put it.

more
https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/jussie-smollett-will-be-the-new-o-j/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Jussie Smollett Will Be the New O.J.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 02:32:11 pm »
Smollett is just a backstory in this development.  The real story is the "how" and the "who" that made it happen. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 02:35:42 pm »
Smollett is just a backstory in this development.  The real story is the "how" and the "who" that made it happen.

You are right. Possibly the hoax was staged by Smollett & certain politician friends of his to support Cory Booker's anti-lynching bill.

That would explain the quick and decisive action of the Cook county DA.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 02:37:20 pm by skeeter »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 02:44:35 pm »

:amen:   :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 02:46:46 pm »
You are right. Possibly the hoax was staged by Smollett & certain politician friends of his to support Cory Booker's anti-lynching bill.

That would explain the quick and decisive action of the Cook county DA.

I, for one, never did believe that Smollett cooked this up all by himself.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien