Author Topic: If There’s No Reckoning Over The Russia Hoax, It Will Happen Again  (Read 927 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

If There’s No Reckoning Over The Russia Hoax, It Will Happen Again
The Federalist, Mar 27, 2019, Sumantra Maitra   

<snip>

But this shouldn’t be over. Every time incessant attacks on conservatives are discovered to be unfounded, there are calls for national unity. As if it is a burden on the falsely accused to heal the wounds, not the false accusers.

But that needs to end. Otherwise, there won’t be any balance or sanity restored. Vengeance is the purest form of emotion, according to the ancient Hindu epic of Mahabharata. Of course, it is a transliteration of the ancient Sanskrit word, which doesn’t mean vengeance in the way we know it in modern times, but the philosophy behind it is clear.

Without accountability and punitive deterrence, there is no justice, and without justice, society implodes. From the hate crime hoaxers intending to simply “start a conversation” to the activist media bullying young kids, to academia providing fuel to the fire to sell their books, to the serial celebrity rapist-filled industry sanctimoniously lecturing on public morality, to public intellectuals fueling mass hysteria to bureaucrats trying to undermine a legitimate government—the single constant in all of these is a lack of accountability and pushback.

It is time to ponder the same philosophical question that vexed ancient warriors on North Indian plains 5,000 years ago: How do we restore balance in society and bring about the fear of justice? The answer was that there needs to be a reckoning. A punitive deterrence needs to be established to restore sanity and order.

What started this hysteria was a pre-election federal investigation based on a highly dubious dossier, funded by rival campaigns, with the implicit support of a section of the ideological bureaucracy, supported by legions of celebrities and public intellectuals worried about their declining influence on the broader American populace. There must be a reckoning for all of them.

Sumantra Maitra is a doctoral researcher at the University of Nottingham, UK, and a writer for The Federalist. His research is in great power-politics and neorealism. You can find him on Twitter @MrMaitra.

More:  https://thefederalist.com/2019/03/27/theres-no-reckoning-russia-hoax-will-happen/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Of course it will.  Just like fake accusations like the Smollett one.

Offline skeeter

Of course it will.  Just like fake accusations like the Smollett one.

They'll just know how to do it better.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They'll just know how to do it better.

Yep.

Offline aligncare

General Flynn lost his house defending against a hoax Russian investigation that probably originated from the west wing of the WH.

Jussie Smollett perpetrated a hoax and the former occupant of the west wing puts in a call that clears him of provable charges.

One set of rules for Trump haters, another for Trump supporters.

This double standard must come to an end.

Offline skeeter

General Flynn lost his house defending against a hoax Russian investigation that probably originated from the west wing of the WH.

Jussie Smollett perpetrated a hoax and the former occupant of the west wing puts in a call that clears him of provable charges.

One set of rules for Trump haters, another for Trump supporters.

This double standard must come to an end.

It used to be said with tongue in cheek, but its becoming more of an actual fact by the day - the 'rat party really is a crime syndicate.

BTTT

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Let us see what AG Barr will be doing about all of this...

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
If the perps were at All afraid of paying for this, there wouldn't still be these weasely demands from the likes of Nadler for unedited 1st go at the Mueller leftovers.

There Must be Legal consequenses.

They Must be fought for with both fists and No plea bargains.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 02:47:32 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Thanks for posting @Right_in_Virginia

This one's so far beyond partisan rude,

It's as if we've been forced to watch Half the Country hustled off down a dark alley and mugged and maimed at night.

And it's gone on for at least 2 years.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Thanks for posting @Right_in_Virginia

This one's so far beyond partisan rude,

It's as if we've been forced to watch Half the Country hustled off down a dark alley and mugged and maimed at night.

And it's gone on for at least 2 years.

Welcome @To-Whose-Benefit?   I thought this article was well-written and above the politics.

There needs to be a reckoning, the sooner, the better.

Offline goatprairie

I've yet to see or hear any explanation from the Dems as to how Trump and Putin could have fixed the election even if they wanted to.
The allegation that because the Russkys tried to mess with the polls has been true for probably every election since the Bolsheviks took over Russia. That dog won't hunt.
The facts are there's no way Trump, who had no federal or state power to mess with voting machines, could have possibly affected anything.
The whole thing was preposterous on the surface.
But that's where Dems are now....they're willing to believe any wild allegation because they want to believe. They've gone fullbore crazy.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:19:19 am by goatprairie »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And to think we all called Karl Rove a 'Magnificent Bastard' during the early GWB years.

I want at least a half dozen people to swing for this.   No "life without parole" bullshit that can be pardoned by a future POTUS.

Get as close to Hillary and Barack as possible.

Don't forget this ever... if Hillary had won, nobody would know jack-shit about any of what they did.

So..did they do this on their own?  Or, at the direction of the aforementioned?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
And to think we all called Karl Rove a 'Magnificent Bastard' during the early GWB years.

I want at least a half dozen people to swing for this.   No "life without parole" bullshit that can be pardoned by a future POTUS.

Get as close to Hillary and Barack as possible.

Don't forget this ever... if Hillary had won, nobody would know jack-shit about any of what they did.

So..did they do this on their own?  Or, at the direction of the aforementioned?

The participation/direction of the previous administration is clear.

Offline aligncare

I've yet to see or hear any explanation from the Dems as to how Trump and Putin could have fixed the election even they wanted to.
The allegation that because the Russkys tried to mess with the polls has been true for probably every election since the Bolsheviks took over Russia. That dog won't hunt.
The facts are there's no way Trump, who had no federal or state power to mess with voting machines, could have possibly affected anything.
The whole thing was preposterous on the surface.
But that's where Dems are now....they're willing to believe any wild allegation because they want to believe. They've gone fullbore crazy.

Hillary spent upwards to a million dollars a month on facebook ads. Mueller uncovers some Russian bot ads that spent maybe a total of a hundred thousand dollars on the whole campaign. A really insignificant amount. And democrats want to say this influenced the election outcome? Laughable.

Another thing, these were just bots, not Kremlin or agents of Putin placing ads; at least there’s no evidence of that.

The whole Russian collusion narrative was lame. Yet with the media’s power to amplify the message, it was effective and made some republicans wary of supporting the president which tied Trump’s hands politically so that he couldn’t get some important things done.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Maybe it's time for "a deal".

If I was Mr. Trump, I'd get the top democrat-communists in a room.

Then I'd tell them that if they agree to fund the border barrier, I'll call off the dogs at Justice and they can walk away from this.

But... if they continue to fight on the border wall, I'm gonna turn those dogs loose, and let 'em run...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No deal for me.  Nothing less that a thorough going over these miscreants will do the job.  These Rats need to pay for the damage they've done.  But most importantly, they need to enjoy the same punishment they intended to visit upon us.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: