Author Topic: Whataboutism, Trump, Hillary, and Covington  (Read 332 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Whataboutism, Trump, Hillary, and Covington
« on: March 25, 2019, 08:45:46 pm »
https://thebulwark.com/whataboutism-trump-hillary-and-covington/

<snip>
...I have some questions.

(1) Of the people now defending Trump, roughly what percentage of them were outraged by Comey’s public take-down of Hillary Clinton in 2016? (Excepting Starr, who I happen to know was outraged at the time, because I spoke with him about it then. He is a man of deep honor and integrity. And a great writer, too. You should read his book.)

(2) Of the people who now say that Trump is “exonerated” by Mueller’s decision not to indict, roughly what percentage believed in 2016 that Comey’s decision not to indict “exonerated” Hillary Clinton?

(3) Remember when Trump supporters chanted “lock her up” about Hillary Clinton, and Trump said, “Lock her up is right.” Why were they not respecting the decision of law enforcement and prosecutors not to indict her? Why did they not believe that the failure to indict Clinton was an exoneration?

When, exactly, did they come to believe that strict legalism is the final word on culpability?

We have arrived at a place where Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are in almost exactly the same position: Both of them committed obvious wrongdoing. Both of them were investigated. Both investigations found troubling facts. Both of them were protected by a friendly attorney general. And both escaped prosecution.

But here’s the best part: None of the partisan defenders from either camp can see how they’re exactly like the people on the other side.

More at link.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Whataboutism, Trump, Hillary, and Covington
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 12:22:31 am »
You're a regular "bulwark," aren't you?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 12:26:12 am »
Ha ha, the Bulwark. That Bill Kristol is such a wit.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 12:46:51 am »
Oh.  I thought @Once-Ler wrote it.