Author Topic: Long Before Ilhan Omar, Politicians Could Get Away With Murder As Long As They Were Democrats  (Read 204 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Long Before Ilhan Omar, Politicians Could Get Away With Murder As Long As They Were Democrats

Prior to Rep. Ilhan Omar's emergence on the national scene, the message was already clear, and tragic: It matters not what you say or do, but rather to which groups you belong.

By Anna Zeigler   
March 11, 2019

It would do wonders for our political discourse if we treated people as individuals rather than running down a checklist of the various groups to which a person belongs before deciding how we feel about him and how we respond to his words and actions. Wouldn’t our lives be simpler if some things were always wrong regardless of who says or does them?

As recent events have demonstrated, the web of identity politics and intersectionality carefully woven by the progressive left is a labyrinth not even the wiliest of Democrats can successfully navigate.

I was twelve and sixteen on the days Bill Clinton was elected then reelected president. The infamous blue dress became a national topic of conversation when I was a senior in high school. All my life I’ve watched with interest as the label “Democrat” has insulated individuals from reprehensible behavior. Women who claim to care about women and their struggles as a sex rallied around Clinton for years, knowingly protecting a womanizer––and, more importantly, a man credibly accused of rape––because he was a warrior in their crusade to continue killing the unborn.

more
http://thefederalist.com/2019/03/11/long-ilhan-omar-politicians-get-away-murder-long-democrats/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

There have numerous congressional Democrat/liberals who have gotten away with making what could accurately be called anti-Semitic or anti-Israel remarks. Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney, Al Sharpton, Prof. Mark Hill and other liberals have made anti-Semitic remarks over the years that would have gotten Republicans condemned.