Author Topic: Over Fifteen Thousand People Protest In Moscow For Internet Freedom  (Read 255 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Over Fifteen Thousand People Protest In Moscow For Internet Freedom - Tsarizm
by L Todd Wood

March 10, 2019March 10, 20190625   

Approximately fifteen thousand people rallied in Moscow today in a protest against government attempts to censor the internet. There were smaller events around the country.

The mass rally in Moscow and smaller events in other cities across the country was called after the Russian lower house of parliament backed a bill to stop Russian internet traffic from being routed on foreign servers, in a bid to boost cybersecurity. The move was labelled by critics as the latest attempt to control online content under President Vladimir Putin, with some fearing the country is on track to completely isolate its network like in North Korea, reported AFP.

Thousands of people rally in Moscow against Russia's increasingly restrictive internet policies which some say will eventually lead to "total censorship"https://t.co/0IC7hJ4MHn
    — AFP news agency (@AFP) March 10, 2019

Read more at: https://tsarizm.com/news/eastern-europe/2019/03/10/over-fifteen-thousand-people-protest-in-moscow-for-internet-freedom/

It sounds like a fairly strict crackdown.

Twitter armies exist, I would follow the situation of the Kurds in Syria, it never caught attention.

I posted an article on twitter from that website I sometimes use, "Turkish Minute" (who is said to be the Turkish opposition and even,a pro-Gulen webiste) only a few days ago and since,  I've gotten about 9 or so followers in that short time and only over a twitter post? Those kinds of followers I don't need and no, I don't do twitter much or post. I do try to keep up with a few things on it. These are real Turks, some with that crescent and star symbol. Of course, I can't be sure how they actually stand on the issues.  Some of their bios are in the Turkish language.  FTR, for the record, I haven't written much of anything negative towards Turkey, just if one of those stories attracts my attention.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Over Fifteen Thousand People Protest In Moscow For Internet Freedom
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 11:45:35 pm »
LOL.  15K? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.