Author Topic: Joe Biden expected to announce 2020 campaign by mid-April  (Read 619 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden expected to announce 2020 campaign by mid-April
« on: March 07, 2019, 10:39:46 pm »
Joe Biden expected to announce 2020 campaign by mid-April
by Caitlin Yilek
 | March 07, 2019 04:47 PM

Former Vice President Joe Biden is reportedly expected to kickoff his 2020 presidential campaign by mid-April.

CBS News reported Thursday that Biden is in the final stages of preparing to run for the White House.

Biden has led numerous polls of potential 2020 Democratic candidates. About a dozen candidates have already jumped into the race for the Democratic nomination, with a few more still weighing whether to run.

The 76-year-old’s strategist told the New York Times the former vice president is 95 percent committed to running.

Biden revealed last week that his family is on board with a campaign. He sat out the presidential election in 2016, citing the need to mourn the death of his son, Beau, who died from brain cancer in 2015.

If he decides to run, he’ll face off against other big names, including Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/joe-biden-expected-to-announce-2020-campaign-by-mid-april
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Joe Biden expected to announce 2020 campaign by mid-April
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 10:48:56 pm »
If he runs, I think it'll be as a one-termer, with a running mate like Harris to secure the female and black vote, then hand it off after 4 years - maybe less.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 11:11:26 pm »
If he runs, I think it'll be as a one-termer, with a running mate like Harris to secure the female and black vote, then hand it off after 4 years - maybe less.

I don't think he'll run.  Too much baggage in an already much younger crowded playing field.  He's 76.  Time for Uncle Joe to just retire.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 01:44:59 am »
Handsy Joe and the BFD Butt Buddies taking it on the road with the Let Me Smell Your Hair Little Girl tour.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 12:17:44 pm »

That's an interesting idea - he'd have a tough sell without 0bama's backing and that could be a way to get it. In fact, I don't think Harris will last long, so VP should be an attractive step for her, and maybe a good match for any of the white guys in the race...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 04:59:27 pm »
Old Joe is putting off his announcement until mid April because so far there haven't been enough other candidates announcements for him to, um, pick and choose phrases from to create his own original thought announcement from.

Ah, the good old days, now it's a resume enhancer for the Dims!