Author Topic: Martha McSally says she was raped by senior officer in the Air Force  (Read 4779 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Martha McSally says she was raped by senior officer in the Air Force
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2019, 11:45:35 pm »
My understanding is that she waited because she knew more than likely in reporting the incident would be covered up and her military would be quickly over.

@libertybele

That is my understanding also,and only a fool can blame her for not naming names back in a time when she would have been the only one hurt.

Now she is in a position to highlight in public that things like that happen and there needs to be a system in place to deal with it,and some of these goobers seem to want HER punished for being a victim of sexual assault.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2019, 11:48:18 pm »
@Bigun

Most men are not rapists.

@QueenCatofAragon

Thank you for taking note of that. You would THINK it didn't need to be mentioned on what is primarily a forum populated by conservatives,but it seems you would be wrong.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2019, 11:50:09 pm »
@QueenCatofAragon

Nope!  And your twisted logic doesn't make it so.

@Bigun   @QueenCatofAragon

She's right and you are wrong on this issue. Deal with it. Man the bleep up and admit you are wrong.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2019, 12:15:41 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

I think the article suggested she was 18 at the time, so I imagine a little math and her current age (born March 1966) would give a figure close enough.

Around 84-85? 

Thanks @Sighlass   Here's why I asked.  While I'm not happy with her placing a cloud of suspicion over all those in a supervisory positions back then, I tend to believe this happened and why she did not come forward. 

But I would have preferred it if her testimony in 2019 had followed along these lines:  Tell what happened to her in 1985 (or whenever) but stress this is not about her. She's had a long and successful career in the Air Force.  She made a decision not to file charges and is not interested in doing so now.  But it is important to understand the reasons for her decision and then explained the difficulty she (and others) faced in 1985. 

But since the Tailhook scandal in 1991 there has been a forced, great social awakening in the military.  While I've no reason to believe it's perfect, reason does tell me female soldiers, sailors, airman who report sexual abuse and/or rape are treated with more respect and given more credibility than she would have been.

I would have liked her to talk a little about the positive changes (surely there were some) she witnessed from 1991 to 2010 and then pinpointed where more progress is needed using whatever anecdotal evidence she is aware of.

To be fair, I've not read her full testimony.  But Al Gore's magnificent Internet is alive with discussions on whether or not she's telling the truth about the rape and challenging her to name names.  I think this is unfortunate for her ... and for the military.  Neither was well-served by the testimony I am aware of.

My two cents.   :shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2019, 12:26:33 am »
@Cyber Liberty

So,you are saying that truth,justice,and the American way are irrelevant because your political enemies agree with her and you don't?

No, I said:  "She won't hold that office for long if she throws her lot in with the PoundMeToo crowd."

That's it, it's no deeper than that.  A simple statement about the calculus of politics in AZ, which is something I know a wee little bit about.  You know me better than that, or so I thought, @sneakypete.  I was speaking to the irrelevance of this particular MeToo moment. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2019, 12:28:24 am »
@Bigun   @QueenCatofAragon

She's right and you are wrong on this issue. Deal with it. Man the bleep up and admit you are wrong.

When I say something that was wrong I'll own up to it and apologize.   That hasn't happened on this thread despite people trying to attribute to me things I have not said.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2019, 12:33:26 am »
When I say something that was wrong I'll own up to it and apologize.   That hasn't happened on this thread despite people trying to attribute to me things I have not said.

He doesn't seem to be hitting on all cylinders today.  Seems to think I don't care if she got raped, so long as I can attack my political "enemies."

Sorry, @Bigun I seem to be a little cross today.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2019, 12:36:22 am »
He doesn't seem to be hitting on all cylinders today.  Seems to think I don't care if she got raped, so long as I can attack my political "enemies."

Sorry, @Bigun I seem to be a little cross today.

@Cyber Liberty

No need to be sorry IMHO.  Truth is always truth.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2019, 12:40:35 am »
@Cyber Liberty

No need to be sorry IMHO.  Truth is always truth.

Still having some trouble with the Kegerator.   :beer:

And the end of my labors, I got a nice big tankard of Blue Moon out of it.  Yaay me!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2019, 12:42:57 am »

And the end of my labors, I got a nice big tankard of Blue Moon out of it.  Yaay me!

Life is rough, huh?

:laugh:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2019, 12:43:45 am »

Have one for me.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2019, 12:48:00 am »
Have one for me.

Will do!  I even had a taste of my Absinthe.  I love licorice.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2019, 12:56:13 am »

Please skip that for me!  YUCK!!!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2019, 01:03:07 am »

I understood what you meant.

Stand strong!    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2019, 01:05:49 am »

My Sicilian grandmother would make those flat waffle wafer cookies on an iron.

Thank God she didn't use anise in all the batches.   I can still 'smell' it right now, fifty years ago, like it was this afternoon.

@aligncare
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 01:06:25 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2019, 01:42:51 am »
My Sicilian grandmother would make those flat waffle wafer cookies on an iron.

Thank God she didn't use anise in all the batches.   I can still 'smell' it right now, fifty years ago, like it was this afternoon.

@aligncare

I can still taste it!  Hella aftertaste in that stuff.  :smokin:
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2019, 02:08:03 am »

I can't eat black licorice .  Hell, I can't eat any licorice.   But I liked Twizzlers.  For the Team!   Go Team!!   wink777

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2019, 02:10:00 am »

You're supposed to use it when preparing Oysters Rockefeller.  Pernod.

Have to handle it like nitro-glycerin when measuring it.  No free-lancing.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2019, 02:32:37 am »
You're supposed to use it when preparing Oysters Rockefeller.  Pernod.

Have to handle it like nitro-glycerin when measuring it.  No free-lancing.

Yeah, handle with 10-foot pole.  I had like a half-teaspoon because I've been dying to know how it tastes.
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2019, 02:38:38 am »
Yeah, handle with 10-foot pole.  I had like a half-teaspoon because I've been dying to know how it tastes.

Licorice.  With a sledgehammer.   :laugh:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2019, 02:43:05 am »
Licorice.  With a sledgehammer.   :laugh:

:laugh:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2019, 02:46:30 am »
When men and women in the military are placed in close proximity for any length of time the results are inevitable.
Send 'em back to the kitchen /sarc

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2019, 03:01:16 am »
Send 'em back to the kitchen /sarc

He's right!

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Start watching at 1:39 mark.    :smokin:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2019, 03:06:58 am »
Start watching at 1:39 mark.    :smokin:

What can you do? :shrug:  You can't give sheep the vote.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2019, 03:10:12 am »
What can you do? :shrug:  You can't give sheep the vote.

Used to be only property owners could vote. 

And, off the top of my head, that seems most logical given the current environment.