Author Topic: US-North Korea Summit In Vietnam, LIVE THREAD  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: US-North Korea Summit In Vietnam, LIVE THREAD
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2019, 01:11:41 am »

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2019, 01:20:12 am »
The Vietnamese painter and his portrait ...  (Nice  happy77)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 02:39:12 am »
As NBC News first reported, U.S. negotiators entered the meetings having dropped their demand that Kim give a full accounting of his nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles program, a retreat that foreign policy experts in both parties are worried Trump might make in an effort to secure the announcement of a deal from the talks.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/trump-begins-one-one-kim-jong-un-tempering-expectations-n977466

What a joke. Some damn fine negotiator.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 02:55:39 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 03:00:53 am »

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 03:32:17 am »

Offline WalkingLiberty

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2019, 03:36:56 am »
not a joke I'm sure we already know everything we need to President Trump is the only one who could have gotten things this far with little rocket man

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2019, 03:49:11 am »
World News
February 27, 2019
White House bars four reporters from Trump-Kim dinner

HANOI (Reuters) - The White House barred reporters from Reuters, the Associated Press, Bloomberg and the Los Angeles Times from covering a dinner between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Wednesday after two of them asked Trump questions during his initial interactions with Kim.

The reporters are part of the White House press pool, which covers the U.S. president wherever he goes.

Reporters in the pool regularly shout out questions to leaders and on Wednesday they asked Trump about the summit and the testimony in Congress of his former attorney and fixer Michael Cohen, in two separate opportunities known as “pool sprays.”

More: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-usa-reporters/white-house-bars-four-reporters-from-trump-kim-dinner-idUSKCN1QG2BZ

Offline edpc

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2019, 04:52:06 am »

Kim, who like Trump used an interpreter, said during opening remarks at the summit that skeptics of the relationship would be watching closely and see the two leaders "side by side as if they're watching a fancy movie."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/trump-begins-one-one-kim-jong-un-tempering-expectations-n977466

I’m guessing the movie is To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar

Offline TomSea

The Untold Story of Otto Warmbier, American Hostage
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2019, 03:22:54 pm »
I may eventually post this elsewhere, there was a bit covered concerning Otto Warmbier. Here is an article that talks about what may have killed him. It is a lengthy article that I need to read fuller. I wish someone could just say what this article is about.  Cut-to-the-chase so to speak:

Trump said this morning that he did not hold Kim personally responsible for what happened to Otto Warmbier:

https://www.gq.com/story/otto-warmbier-north-korea-american-hostage-true-story
The Untold Story of Otto Warmbier, American Hostage
By Doug Bock Clark
July 23, 2018

President Trump hailed him as a catalyst of the summit with Kim Jong-Un. But what happened to Warmbier—the American college student who was sent home brain-damaged from North Korea—is even more shocking than anyone knew.

“I don't believe Otto was physically tortured,” Andrei Lankov, said in his office in Seoul. “The campaign to make Otto a symbol of North Korea's cruelty was psychological preparation to justify military operations.”

10. A Theory

Without knowing about the revised time line of Otto's injury, experts I spoke to overwhelmingly identified some kind of accident—for example, an allergic reaction—as the most likely cause for Otto's unconsciousness. The likelihood that his brain damage happened immediately after the sentencing, however, raises the possibility that he may have attempted suicide.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 03:30:15 pm by TomSea »

Offline edpc

Re: The Untold Story of Otto Warmbier, American Hostage
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2019, 03:40:46 pm »
Trump said this morning that he did not hold Kim personally responsible for what happened to Otto Warmbier

That’s probably not going to sit well with his parents, but I doubt they’ll comment. We’ll never really know what happened, since a formal autopsy was declined and we only have an external examination to reference.

https://www.inquisitr.com/4532638/otto-warmbier-cause-of-death-torture-lack-of-oxygen-blood-to-brain-north-korea/

However, given the record of gruesome executions and assassinations under Kim Jong Un, he shouldn’t get the benefit of the doubt from anyone, much less our president.

Offline TomSea