Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez takes a victory lap after Amazon scraps plans to build in New York  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Notch another victory for "Alex from the Bronx".

The freshman Democratic representative celebrated online retailer Amazon’s decision Thursday to scrap its plans to build a new headquarters in her New York City district.

“I think it’s incredible,” Ocasio-Cortez responded when asked to comment on Amazon’s about-face. “It shows that everyday Americans still have the power to organize and fight for their communities and they can have more say in this country than richest man in the world.”

Earlier Thursday, the company announced it was reversing the plan, announced in November, to build new East Coast headquarters buildings in New York City and in Arlington, Virginia. The Virginia part of the plan will go ahead. The company said it would not look for a new location to replace the cancelled $2.5 billion project.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ocasio-cortez-takes-a-victory-lap-after-amazon-scraps-plans-new-york-headquarters-201203774.html

Notch another victory?   Seriously Yahoo. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

So this ditz is an economics major?

How many jobs now will not be provided for people in New York?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The people in her district elected this fool;  the people in her district don't deserve the 25,000 new jobs. 

Amazon,  bring those jobs to Philly!    Unlike those in Long Island City that AOC represents, we're not "unwilling to work".       
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The people in her district elected this fool;  the people in her district don't deserve the 25,000 new jobs. 

Amazon,  bring those jobs to Philly!    Unlike those in Long Island City that AOC represents, we're not "unwilling to work".       
Is there a Republican that could oppose her?

Or even a sensible democrat or Independent?

I assume those 25,000 jobs would pay much more, than her "Basic income"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

And Philly has the best cheesesteaks in the world. Score!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline LMAO

@Jazzhead

I’m going to be 53 years old this year. Unlike other kids my age in high school, I was interested in politics.

Now there of been people who I thought were off the rocker and who I opposed, But I have never seen any elected official celebrate the fact that jobs aren’t coming to their state or district. There must be an affirmative action policy  for graduates  in the economics department at her college

The comments following that article are brutal
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
What a truly stupid woman she is.  :thud:
Let it burn.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

The only thing more stupid is a person who would vote for her.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
truth seeker wonders:
"Is there a Republican that could oppose her?
Or even a sensible democrat or Independent?"

No Republican will ever win in that Congressional district. Impossible.

Name me ONE "sensible democrat-communist". One.

Independents?
Furgheddaboutit. New York is a democrat-communist town.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Ignorance and fear have been known to conspire to make people mistake their leaders' stupidity for compassion. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
So this ditz is an economics major?

How many jobs now will not be provided for people in New York?

She's grinnin' like a possum over depriving New Yorkers of jobs.  What a gal.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
California is almost a one-party state. Just moved into 5th largest economy, surpassing the UK.

FWIW it seems less likely here, that a rep. would scoff at jobs.

And things are moving in the right direction, with the new dem Governor killing the train to nowhere (except the Bakersfield to Merced leg)

It seems the dems can't put AOC back in the Jack in the Box. And hopefully the GOPP are keeping a lot of video and audio of her positions.

See why the Starbucks independent guy Schultz makes sense for the center-left?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I LOVE AOC! I LOVE AOC!  I LOVE AOC!  I LOVE AOC! I LOVE AOC!  I LOVE AOC!  I LOVE AOC!

That's right....2nd to President Trump, she will be the best vote getter for the Republican Party in 2020.  Amen!

I hope she remains in office for 70 years.  Her seat is the only seat I will gladly concede with each and every election, and I would advise the Republican Party to see to it she gets elected unopposed every two years.  She is a communist, and she represents the Democommies perfectly.

I LOVE AOC! I LOVE AOC!  I LOVE AOC!  I LOVE AOC! I LOVE AOC!  I LOVE AOC!  I LOVE AOC!

Offline jafo2010

Her fellow NY politicians I am certain would like to see her head on a meat hook. 

AOC is the gift that keeps giving.  I love her.  She may well save Trump's presidency, for he is determined to destroy it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

That's right....2nd to President Trump, she will be the best vote getter for the Republican Party in 2020.  Amen!

I hope she remains in office for 70 years.  Her seat is the only seat I will gladly concede with each and every election, and I would advise the Republican Party to see to it she gets elected unopposed every two years.  She is a communist, and she represents the Democommies perfectly.

Her name came up in a group discussion the other day and one guy insisted that she is a Republican agent.  I told him that we didn't have any republicans smart enough to do such a thing.  In fact a whole room full of Republicans wouldn't even consider it much less accomplish it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jafo2010

So, to the question of how many elected Republicans does it take to screw in a light bulb? 

Answer:  The number is approaching infinity, for apparently it does not matter how many you have, they would never figure out how to produce a result. 

If we had 80 Republicans in the Senate, they would not produce any more legislation than having 51.  In essence, we have a one party system, what I call the Zebra Party.  The Democommies have white stripes and the Republicans black.

AOC will do more for the worthless do nothing Republicans than any of them except Trump.  Sad how that works out.