Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>State of the Union Address 2019  (Read 22345 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: LIVE THREAD>>State of the Union Address 2019
« Reply #250 on: February 06, 2019, 04:39:41 am »
I made a decision that my wife didn't argue with much. She stopped working and raised our kids. I didn't want someone else to raise them. She restarted part time work when they both were in school. Full time when they were older. It worked out. We know who our kids are They know who their parents are.
Yep. I won't say my wife hasn't worked, because taking care of the home and the (now grand)kids while I am working is a full time 24/7 job, but she hasn't worked aside from that for twenty years. Because she is the family matriarch, she ends up 'filling the gap' for grandchildren and even great grand children whose parents are working.

(It takes a family to raise a kid!)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #251 on: February 06, 2019, 04:40:28 am »
So what's your point? If voters with vaginas want this, what are you going to do to tell them they are effing stupid? So far you haven't said one word so far that would convince them otherwise.

The plan covers both parents. Anyone who wants this has no right to complain, when they accept this devil’s bargain and government inevitably starts telling them what kind of care they need to provide. If they don’t see it coming, they are effing stupid.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #252 on: February 06, 2019, 04:41:49 am »
Sounds like you could use a snack and maybe a nap.

Two minutes alone in a locked room with you would work wonders as well!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #253 on: February 06, 2019, 04:42:00 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2019, 04:43:01 am »

The plan covers both parents. Anyone who wants this has no right to complain, when they accept this devil’s bargain and government inevitably starts telling them what kind of care they need to provide. If they don’t see it coming, they are effing stupid.
Government already does tell them what sort of care they need to provide. If you haven't been on their radar because someone didin't like you, saw an active kid and assumed the bruises were the result of abuse, or whatever, maybe you are blissfully unaware of that.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2019, 04:49:01 am »

LOL. TOP NOTCH!!!!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2019, 04:51:56 am »
I made a decision that my wife didn't argue with much. She stopped working and raised our kids. I didn't want someone else to raise them. She restarted part time work when they both were in school. Full time when they were older. It worked out. We know who our kids are They know who their parents are.

We tried that but it drove my wife crazy not having all the customers to talk to. She has been in retail most of her life. 17 yrs at Luby's. Stolen away by a Luby's Mgr that opened his own Cafe. Work there a couple of yrs and now around 18 yrs at Sam's. I don't know if I'll ever get her to retire. Our 3 kids grew up all right.

« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2019, 04:52:45 am »
Sounds good to me.  I only need 90 seconds, and you're bottom.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #259 on: February 06, 2019, 04:55:17 am »
We tried that but it drove my wife crazy not having all the customers to talk to. She has been in retail most of her life. 17 yrs at Luby's. Stolen away by a Luby's Mgr that opened his own Cafe. Work there a couple of yrs and now around 18 yrs at Sam's. I don't know if I'll ever get her to retire. Our 3 kids grew up all right.
Wit a small tribe of extended family around, my wife gets plenty of social interaction (some days more than she really wants, despite loving all the kids). I think that makes a difference.

C S Lewis

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #260 on: February 06, 2019, 04:58:04 am »
Oh, I wouldn't hurt him. He might do it to himself after hearing me giving him one of my incoherent psychotic rants. :chairbang:

****slapping  :laugh:
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #261 on: February 06, 2019, 04:58:59 am »
No thank you.

Of course not. Your flavor are the dumb bitches wearing white hoods at the SOTU tonight.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #262 on: February 06, 2019, 05:02:52 am »
Of course not. Your flavor are the dumb bitches wearing white hoods at the SOTU tonight.

That’s not a very kind thing to say about Kimberly and Tiffany.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

« Reply #263 on: February 06, 2019, 05:07:15 am »
Ed Anderson:

This speech provides more proof there was Divine intervention on November 8, 2016.

:patriot:
A speech proves divine intervention?  Jesus is gonna bitch slap that guy when he comes back.

A lot of embarrassing praise for a lot of hot air, all over this thread.  It wasn't a terrible speech.  It's a terrible speaker.  President Trump did a good job praising his accomplishments and he said lots of stuff I want to hear, but I know the President is a huge, huge liar.   Why would I believe any of his facts or promises?  I'm still waiting for the apprehension of Hitlery, swamp draining, deficit reduction, repeal & replace Obamacare, PP defunding and a wall.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #264 on: February 06, 2019, 05:10:37 am »
Tuned in for 2 minutes to CNN to hear Kasich flap his jaws about the President's speech.  2 minutes was all I could take ... he doesn't know jack!  He came across nervous and uncertain as to what he's saying.  Glad he's gone.

Kasich; another one that epitomizes the #nevertrumper faction.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #265 on: February 06, 2019, 05:12:31 am »
A speech proves divine intervention?  Jesus is gonna bitch slap that guy when he comes back.

A lot of embarrassing praise for a lot of hot air, all over this thread.  It wasn't a terrible speech.  It's a terrible speaker.  President Trump did a good job praising his accomplishments and he said lots of stuff I want to hear, but I know the President is a huge, huge liar.   Why would I believe any of his facts or promises?  I'm still waiting for the apprehension of Hitlery, swamp draining, deficit reduction, repeal & replace Obamacare, PP defunding and a wall.

I though he gave quite an impressive speech actually and I was glad that I decided to tune in.  He kicked booty tonight.  He has accomplished a lot in the 2 years he's been president and he has 2 more years till his term is up.

He sent a clear message to the DEMS; it is time to come together for the sake of the country and the American people.  America watched.  The DEMS need to listen.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #266 on: February 06, 2019, 05:20:50 am »
Kasich; another one that epitomizes the #nevertrumper faction.

Now that he is on no ratings CNN, he will epitomize the #neverwatcher faction.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #267 on: February 06, 2019, 05:39:49 am »
CNN 59% positive

CBS 76% positive

Democrats, media and #nevertrumpers appear to be seriously out of step, with the President and Americans
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #268 on: February 06, 2019, 05:47:03 am »
@Amb. Frank Cannon

I broke up with a girlfriend, and she said I'd never find someone like her again. Her particular crazy did not make me enthusiastic about letting anyone else hurt me as intimately again, but more bizarrely she thought I wanted some one like her, even while I was breaking up with her.

I have never voted rat.  I have voted for a GOP majority that spent 6 years on dozens of Obamacare repeal bills under Obama...and zero since Trump and his GOP majorities were elected in 2016.  Along with continued funding for PP...despite a marvelous performance by Trump tonight, pointing his finger at abortion loving rats. it's just words.  like The Wall.

I don't have to vote and it sure won't be for Trump, but I doubt I could bring myself to vote rat.  I'm not going to argue that a group of women are not white hood wearing dumb bitches, cause it's not my party.  It's not my flavor but I gotta wonder why the GOP has trouble attracting women?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #269 on: February 06, 2019, 05:58:27 am »
@Amb. Frank Cannon

I broke up with a girlfriend, and she said I'd never find someone like her again. Her particular crazy did not make me enthusiastic about letting anyone else hurt me as intimately again, but more bizarrely she thought I wanted some one like her, even while I was breaking up with her.

I have never voted rat.  I have voted for a GOP majority that spent 6 years on dozens of Obamacare repeal bills under Obama...and zero since Trump and his GOP majorities were elected in 2016.  Along with continued funding for PP...despite a marvelous performance by Trump tonight, pointing his finger at abortion loving rats. it's just words.  like The Wall.

I don't have to vote and it sure won't be for Trump, but I doubt I could bring myself to vote rat.  I'm not going to argue that a group of women are not white hood wearing dumb bitches, cause it's not my party.  It's not my flavor but I gotta wonder why the GOP has trouble attracting women?

You do not support any candidates here. You do not promote any ideas/concepts anywhere right of center here. You do absolutely nothing but hector solid proven Right Wingers at this site and slam the eff out of the President. All your mumbling and stumbling around here points to only one thing.....you are a garden variety troll. Go back under your DU bridge and drop heroin with the rest of the riff raff.

« Reply #270 on: February 06, 2019, 05:59:17 am »
I though he gave quite an impressive speech actually and I was glad that I decided to tune in.  He kicked booty tonight.  He has accomplished a lot in the 2 years he's been president and he has 2 more years till his term is up.

I'm glad you're satisfied.  I am not.  This was just a speech and in one week it will mean what other SOTU speeches have meant.

He sent a clear message to the DEMS; it is time to come together for the sake of the country and the American people.  America watched.  The DEMS need to listen.

I'm still watching it, couldn't see it live.  It's mostly passionless.  Trump is tired and not good at reading a teleprompter.  I'm actually bored, and I don't know why the rats "need to listen," because this speech did nothing to change my perception of Trump.  I imagine rats reacted much like the jury when Ted Bundy represented himself and interrogated witnesses at his trial.

« Reply #271 on: February 06, 2019, 06:01:09 am »
Go back under your DU bridge and drop heroin with the rest of the riff raff.

@Amb. Frank Cannon

Make me. :laugh:

« Reply #272 on: February 06, 2019, 06:33:39 am »
You do not support any candidates here. You do not promote any ideas/concepts anywhere right of center here. You do absolutely nothing but hector solid proven Right Wingers at this site and slam the eff out of the President. All your mumbling and stumbling around here points to only one thing.....you are a garden variety troll.

Who do you like besides President Fluster-Cuck?  I've had nicer things to say about Marco Rubio, Rick Perry, Scott Walker,Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Mitt Romney, Ben Sasse, Mitch McConnell, and a true patriot and hero of taxpayers Paul Ryan over the last 2 years than you.  Who do you like besides Trump, Steve King, and maybe Cesar Sayoc?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 06:36:14 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #273 on: February 06, 2019, 07:06:45 am »

President Trump called them "more women serving in Congress than at any time before," during tonight's SOTU.  They only got elected because Trump nationalized the midterms to fluff his ego and lost the House, so in a sense he got them elected. :patriot:

It's too bad Ryan never warned Trump he would destroy the GOP majority in the House, before he quit being Speaker.  Oh wait, he did.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 07:17:14 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #274 on: February 06, 2019, 07:08:34 am »
I'm so lonely.  Maybe this SOTU will be forgotten by day break. :yawn2: