Author Topic: Ruth Bader Ginsburg makes public appearance, first since surgery  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ruth Bader Ginsburg makes public appearance, first since surgery
« on: February 05, 2019, 11:49:47 am »
Fox News, Feb 5, 2019

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Monday attended a concert called, "Notorious RBG in Song" in Washington, D.C., marking her first public appearance since undergoing lung cancer surgery last December.

The 85-year-old has been recuperating at her home in Washington since the procedure at New York's Memorial Sloane Kettering to remove the lower lobe of her left lung. Two nodules were discovered in a CT scan shortly after she broke ribs in a fall. She had two previous bouts with cancer, but doctors are optimistic that the surgery was successful and she is cancer free.

The justice sat in the back of the darkened auditorium at the National Museum of Women in the Arts and, according to The Washington Post, was only spotted by concertgoers as they left the performance.

The concert was presented by her daughter-in-law and other musicians. Patrice Michaels is married to Ginsburg’s son, James. Michaels is a soprano and composer. James Ginsburg said before the concert that his mother is walking a mile a day and meeting with her personal trainer twice a week.

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-makes-public-appearance-first-since-surgery

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg makes public appearance, first since surgery
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 11:50:05 am »
No photos. 

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 01:37:21 pm »
No photos.

Hmm... Given the frequent rosy statements they've been issuing, you have to wonder why they aren't also releasing a photo or two to further reassure her supporters?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 01:40:36 pm »
Tuesday, February 5, 2019
“She Looked Quite Glam”: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes First Public Appearance Since Cancer Surgery: Attends Concert Celebrating Herself
by Kristinn Taylor February 4, 2019

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg appeared in public Monday night, her first public outing since her lung cancer surgery last December. Ginsburg, 85, attended a concert celebrating herself titled, Notorious RBG in Song, that featured her daughter-in-law, soprano Patrice Michaels. Attendees said Ginsburg looked, “glam”, “magnificent” and “great”.

One man who said he spoke with and was hugged by Ginsburg said she looked “resplendent”. ...
link

:silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 01:53:52 pm »
Hmm... Given the frequent rosy statements they've been issuing, you have to wonder why they aren't also releasing a photo or two to further reassure her supporters?

She has taken typical time to recover from surgery and now she's been spotted.  So... that should mean she should be showing up to the bench.  We'll see.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 03:32:20 pm »
I think RBG looks in great shape.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 03:40:05 pm »
She was seated next to Elvis.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 03:41:02 pm »
She was seated next to Elvis.
Exactly!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline verga

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 04:49:03 pm »
Sounds like breaking those ribs was a lucky thing for her. I wish a speedy recovery, but i also hope she decideds to step down.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 05:25:11 pm »
Wish her the best, but why no pictures/video?

I will go out on a limb here and say that she is probably not nearly as lucid as this article makes her out to be.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 05:35:14 pm »
Wish her the best, but why no pictures/video?

I will go out on a limb here and say that she is probably not nearly as lucid as this article makes her out to be.
Or quite possibly it’s more fake news (tabloid stuf)
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 09:59:54 pm »
“resplendent”.
Found a picture:
Pharomachrus mocinnoresplendent quetzal

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 10:00:36 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 11:03:32 pm »
Big question is, will she make an appearance at the SOTU?  If she does, I anticipate a round of applause for the incredible RBG!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2019, 11:06:58 pm »
Big question is, will she make an appearance at the SOTU?  If she does, I anticipate a round of applause for the incredible RBG!

The wax will melt under the hot lights exposing her robotic exoskeleton.  Her replacement will not be at the SOTU.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 11:08:28 pm »

If she can get up to go to a public tribute in her honor, surely she can get to the SOTU.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online rustynail

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2019, 11:19:35 pm »
Although they do have some photos of the event on their IG page, none are of RBG herself.

https://www.instagram.com/constitutionctr/

Online Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2019, 11:20:53 pm »
If she can get up to go to a public tribute in her honor, surely she can get to the SOTU.

Not under her own power.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2019, 11:29:33 pm »
Not under her own power.

Even if she sits in a wheelchair tied to a drip.

In this day and age....a musical tribute to RGB, a sold-out crowd, everybody with their phones and not a single picture or video of her entering/leaving/attending.

Uh-huh...
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 11:29:36 pm »
Her inertness will not be attending the SOTU- or anything else most likely.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2019, 11:31:43 pm »
Fox News, Feb 5, 2019

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Monday attended a concert called, "Notorious RBG in Song" in Washington, D.C., marking her first public appearance since undergoing lung cancer surgery last December.

The 85-year-old has been recuperating at her home in Washington since the procedure at New York's Memorial Sloane Kettering to remove the lower lobe of her left lung. Two nodules were discovered in a CT scan shortly after she broke ribs in a fall. She had two previous bouts with cancer, but doctors are optimistic that the surgery was successful and she is cancer free.

The justice sat in the back of the darkened auditorium at the National Museum of Women in the Arts and, according to The Washington Post, was only spotted by concertgoers as they left the performance.

The concert was presented by her daughter-in-law and other musicians. Patrice Michaels is married to Ginsburg’s son, James. Michaels is a soprano and composer. James Ginsburg said before the concert that his mother is walking a mile a day and meeting with her personal trainer twice a week.

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-makes-public-appearance-first-since-surgery

@Right_in_Virginia

Don't tell me,let me guess. Her date was Generalissimo Francisco Franco,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2019, 11:32:54 pm »
So that time that I dressed up as Gene Simmons, I guess that means I WAS Gene Simmons.

It is only natural that RBG impersonators would attend and RBG concert. Really? You think we are that stupid?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2019, 12:02:22 am »
This is interesting.  :pondering:
Ivy Adams   @burgcats
Replying to @rising_serpent

The whole thing is a scam, I just called the reported venue. tel:202-783-5000 they close at 5 pm, no night events. I asked if Notorious RBG in song was performed there last night? Long silence, phone went dead. Either they reported the wrong venue or the whole thing is a scam.
6:47 PM - 5 Feb 2019

Rising serpent   @rising_serpent

Shouldn't attending a concert mean you're well enough to show up to work the next day?
7:01 PM - 5 Feb 2019

Rising serpent  @rising_serpent

Ruth Bader Ginsburg must've borrowed the cloak of invisibility from Jussie Smollett's MAGA attackers during her concert appearance.
7:23 PM - 5 Feb 2019
:silly:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 12:25:35 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2019, 12:49:05 am »
So that time that I dressed up as Gene Simmons, I guess that means I WAS Gene Simmons.

Which one was Ruth?  The bare small chested one or the one with the tongue? We are confused.