Author Topic: Maroon 5 frontman hints Superbowl show will be hip-hop kneeling fest. Fox News offers alternative fo  (Read 2401 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Maroon 5 frontman hints Superbowl show will be hip-hop kneeling fest. Fox News offers alternative for halftime.
February 2, 2019 | Vivek Saxena

Proud, flag-loving patriots who hate seeing the American flag be disrespected may have no other option but to tune out of the upcoming Super Bowl halftime show.

The show has been mired in controversy because of a concerted effort by radical far-left activists to stop any artist from performing at the event. To them, any performance would be a slap in the face to unemployed former NFL quarterback and continued race-baiting agitator Colin Kaepernick.

Thankfully, some artists resisted the pressure and signed up for the gig anyway, including the pop rock band Maroon 5 and rappers Big Boi and Travis Scott, among others. But judging by the rhetoric of Maroon 5’s lead singer, Adam Levine, trouble may still be expected.

How so? During an interview this week with Entertainment Tonight, Levine said that the band plans to honor those who believe in the concept of so-called “social justice.”

“They will be [heard] — that’s all I want to say because I don’t want to spoil anything,” he said, referring to those who’ve been complaining about the band’s participation in the show.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/02/02/maroon-5-frontman-hints-superbowl-show-will-be-hip-hop-kneeling-fest-fox-news-offers-alternative-for-halftime-720139
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

:yawn2:

I will be binge watching some old movies. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I'm pretty tired of American football, I was thinking of skipping it altogether and this makes it more likely.

The Rams game had that obviously bad call, the Patriots Chiefs game had a highly questionable call at that.

Offline roamer_1

I will be binge watching some old movies.

Yes, like with Gillette, my boycott would be of no use at all. My beard is past my 3rd button, and I haven't watched a televised football game in twenty years.  :shrug:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This shit always happens when the NfL tries to poontang around with these show folk and recording artist fagsters.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 04:14:33 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

Moron 5 is still a relevant band?

Offline RoosGirl

Why are the handsome ones so damn dumb?

Offline Applewood

Why are the handsome ones so damn dumb?

Used to think Levine was handsome,but now he was looks like a homeless drunk.    IMO.

Offline dfwgator

NFL is unwatchable because they've totally given all the advantages to the offenses with the rule changes,  breathe on a quarterback or a wide receiver, and it's a penalty.

I like the old "three yards and a cloud of dust", and dominant defensive play.      This is like watching a video game...no thanks.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I don't watch, and this prima donna horse manure is why.

A bunch of guys who had a hard time getting their art degree on a full ride for throwing a ball (or less) want to set national policy?

Get a real job.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

There's always Puppy Bowl!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Maroon 5 frontman hints Superbowl show will be hip-hop kneeling fest. Fox News offers alternative for halftime.
February 2, 2019 | Vivek Saxena

How so? During an interview this week with Entertainment Tonight, Levine said that the band plans to honor those who believe in the concept of so-called “social justice.”

“They will be [heard] — that’s all I want to say because I don’t want to spoil anything,” he said, referring to those who’ve been complaining about the band’s participation in the show.

@mystery-ak

No surprise there. Levine is a Trust Fund Jew that grew up in Ca,and already had millions before he got into the music business.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

How Not To Watch The Super Bowl: Sunday’s TV Counterprogramming
by Patrick Hipes
February 1, 2019 3:43pm

Last year, the Super Bowl drew 103.4 million total viewers, and while that was the lowest total for the NFL championship game/American cultural event in nine years, it also was the 10th-most-watched program in American TV history. You can expect that number to rise this year with CBS’ broadcast from Atlanta featuring two major-market teams in the Los Angeles Rams and the love-them-or-hate-them-but-always-watch-them New England Patriots, and of course the ads in between that keep the water cooler bubbling for days.

Still, it means more than 200 million Americans won’t watch the game, which means they’ll need something else to look at. Broadcasters and streamers not named CBS or CBS All Access will have you covered again this year on that front, setting up counterprogramming with puppies, cats and marathons galore (or, dogs and Katniss living together!).  ...

This is an annual tradition, and this year’s list has some fine entries going during the game (some networks are touting 3-4 episodes as a “marathon,” but that’s more like a 5K). Especially of interest: BBC America showing all of Planet Earth: Blue Planet (I and II), FXX’s The Simpsons (plus The Simpsons Movie) and, maybe most appropriate, a Hunger Games marathon of all four movies on TBS beginning at 6 PM ET/3 PM PT, just before the opening kickoff. Honorable mentions: Bravo’s city-appropriate The Real Housewives of Atlanta. ... More info about Puppy and Kitty bowls, and other alternate TV for non-fans of the NFL.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't watch, and this prima donna horse manure is why.

A bunch of guys who had a hard time getting their art degree on a full ride for throwing a ball (or less) want to set national policy?

Get a real job.

@Smokin Joe

Levin was a Trust Fund child that was taught this nonsense since birth.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

Levin was a Trust Fund child that was taught this nonsense since birth.
A red diaper baby....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A red diaper doper baby!!

@EdJames

Definitely a Red Diaper Baby,but I seriously doubt the "doper" thing unless you are one of those retards that considers Marijuana to be a dangerous drug.

Online Lando Lincoln

I wish they had the "courage" to play it straight, entertain the folks, and end it with America the Beautiful. Instead, it will likely be a show of juvenile virtue signaling. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline EdJames

I don't know, but I don't believe that I am a retard!

I always heard the terms as:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=red%20diaper%20doper%20baby

Decades ago I consumed fairly heavy poundage on a regular basis.  I enjoyed it very much and never had any issues with it, well into adulthood.

However, I hear that the pot available nowadays is quite a bit different than it used to be (much more potent).  So, I may be retarded if that entails being very wary about what is sold as weed in this day and age...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't know, but I don't believe that I am a retard!

I always heard the terms as:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=red%20diaper%20doper%20baby

@EdJames

First of all,ANYTHING with a name that starts out with the word "Urban" is full of Bush.

I first heard the term in the late 50's or early 60's,and it was related more to the Maoist version of Communism than any of the "touchy-feeling California Communism" of today. Nobody ever considered Mao as a kind and gentle anything,never mind pot smoker. Get caught with pot in Mao's China and it was a bullet to the back of your head in a public square. I THINK the Soviet version was a little gentler,if you consider life at hard labor in a northern labor camp to be "gentle".

Anybody that thinks the Communist governments were caring,gentle,and open-minded in ANY respect is insane.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 02:21:26 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
There's always Puppy Bowl!

That’s what I watch! The Puppy and Kitty Bowls!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline andy58-in-nh

This shit always happens when the NfL tries to poontang around with these show folk and recording artist fagsters.

Absolutely: because it's all about advertising revenue, irrespective of the musical tastes of the average football fan. Put Hank Jr. or Aaron Lewis or Chris Stapleton up there and I'll watch the halftime show, for once.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Lando Lincoln

Absolutely: because it's all about advertising revenue, irrespective of the musical tastes of the average football fan. Put Hank Jr. or Aaron Lewis or Chris Stapleton up there and I'll watch the halftime show, for once.

Yep.  Speaking of "straight", a George Strait halftime show would be great.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline EdJames

@EdJames

First of all,ANYTHING with a name that starts out with the word "Urban" is full of Bush.

I first heard the term in the late 50's or early 60's,and it was related more to the Maoist version of Communism than any of the "touchy-feeling California Communism" of today. Nobody ever considered Mao as a kind and gentle anything,never mind pot smoker. Get caught with pot in Mao's China and it was a bullet to the back of your head in a public square. I THINK the Soviet version was a little gentler,if you consider life at hard labor in a northern labor camp to be "gentle".

Anybody that thinks the Communist governments were caring,gentle,and open-minded in ANY respect is insane.

I can't remember for sure, but I recall hearing people like Curtis Sliwa and Michael Savage use the term as "red diaper doper baby."  That's my memory, retarded or not...

Offline goatprairie

I've missed more SBs than watched. Unless the Packers are playing (and they're not), I don't get too excited. Or excited, period.
But if I do watch the game, I NEVER!!!! watch the halftime show. It's guaranteed I won't like the
"entertainment."