Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke sees stock fall  (Read 612 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Beto O’Rourke sees stock fall
« on: February 02, 2019, 09:05:48 pm »
Poor Nacho. The dew is off his taco.

O’Rourke has vexed some observers over the past few weeks, first for livestreaming a dentist appointment — a move critics panned as oversharing — and later for documenting a meandering solo road trip in a series of deeply personal blog posts.

He’s also been a bystander as other big names like Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) have entered the race.

The growing primary field and slow pace of preparations for a potential campaign have left some Democrats wondering if O'Rourke's indecisiveness about whether to be a candidate is hurting him.

“I’m hoping he regains his momentum but he really has in many ways lost his message with the reality TV of teeth cleaning and his undefined road trips,” Robert Zimmerman, a major Democratic donor, said. “Maybe there’s a strategy behind it but it started becoming trivial.”

“It was a bridge too far,” another major Democratic bundler agreed of the teeth cleaning and O’Rourke’s tendency to overshare on social media.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/428083-beto-orourke-sees-stock-fall
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Beto O’Rourke sees stock fall
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 09:34:27 pm »
RIP Beto
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 09:35:29 pm »
Poor Nacho. The dew is off his taco.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
It's true, that dental cleaning should have finished off any presidential aspirations, at least in a rational person. Nacho's self-centered vision quest  about whether to run is ridiculous. (without his family so he appeal to the chicks) He truly is the vanilla bammy, narcissistic and without accomplishments. But the demcoms seem to like that. I heard one political pundit this week say he thought Robert Francis would be the nominee, but I doubt it.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 09:42:06 pm »
He just a kid being a kid. Any Presidential candidate who would skateboard onstage out to the mike is a child. We may as well elect Bart Simpson.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 09:43:57 pm »
This dude isn't ready for off-off-Broadway, much less prime time.

Looks like Empty Suit 2.0 crashes on reboot.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 09:56:32 pm »
He's biding his time, planning his entrance.  I wouldn't count him out.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 03:09:49 pm »
He's biding his time, planning his entrance.  I wouldn't count him out.

Well he has until at least November to get in.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”