Author Topic: Outrage as video shows Virginia abortion bill sponsor saying plan would allow termination up until b  (Read 2807 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Virginia Republicans defeat Democratic bill allowing abortions up until birth
Sponsor Kathy Tran says bill would permit procedures after labor begins
Washington Times, Jan 30, 2019

Virginia Republicans defeated Tuesday a bill loosening abortion restrictions after the sponsor admitted that the legislation would allow the procedure even after the mother went into labor.

A House subcommittee voted 5-3 to table H.R. 2491, called the Repeal Act, with all Republicans voting to table it and all Democrats voting against.

“Virginia House Democrats proposed legislation to allow abortions up to just seconds before that precious child takes their first breath,” said the Virginia House Republicans said on Facebook. “Watch for yourself. Thankfully, our strong conservative majority was able to defeat this bill.”

[...]

During the hearing, House Majority Leader Todd Gilbert asked Ms. Tran if it would be legal under her bill for a pregnant woman to receive an abortion after dilation begins.

“Mr. Chairman, you know, that would be a decision that the doctor — the physician — and the woman would make,” Ms. Tran said.

He replied, “I understand that. I’m asking if your bill allows that,” to which she replied, “My bill would allow that, yes.”

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam defended the bill in a Wednesday radio interview, saying “more than one physician” would make the determination, although the bill specifically eliminates the state’s current three-doctor requirement.

The H.B. 2491 summary reads: “The bill eliminates the requirement that two other physicians certify that a third trimester abortion is necessary to prevent the woman’s death or impairment of her mental or physical health, as well as the need to find that any such impairment to the woman’s health would be substantial and irremediable.”

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/30/va-gop-defeats-bill-allowing-abortions-until-birth/

Online Right_in_Virginia

What drives women ... women ... to push for infanticide?  How do we break the evil spell they are under?

Online libertybele

This needs to go into Trump's SOTU speech...the party of death

The party of anti-patriotism and slavery as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

We all want the SCOTUS to overturn Roe v Wade.  Not to outlaw abortion and take away a woman's right to choose, but to turn it over to the individual States.

So New York and now Virginia have publicly shown the country/People what Democrats believe.

They always overstep.  Always.

But more importantly, the aforementioned States have declared where they stand regardless of RvW's ruling.

...not a proud moment for American humanity.

Amen, DC!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Virginia Governor Asked About Abortion Until Birth. He Floats Infanticide
Daily Caller, Jan 30, 2019

Virginia Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam couldn’t precisely answer whether he supports abortion until birth and suggested an infant could be born and then the mother and doctor could discuss what should happen next, in a Wednesday morning interview.

“If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother,” Northam said in a WTOP interview.

Aborting a baby after it has been born is illegal.

More:  https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/30/virginia-governor-northam-abortion/

Online libertybele

What drives women ... women ... to push for infanticide?  How do we break the evil spell they are under?

Really, really good question to ask Kathy Tran.  Is she simply wanting assurance of votes or is this something that she truly believes in her heart and if so, why does she believe it's acceptable to kill an infant?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Just heard that maybe some states are pushing these laws because some feel time could be short for Roe V. Wade to remain law. I don't buy that though that Roe v. Wade will be overturned anytime soon, not in the next 3 years...

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I can't imagine any reason to kill a life after birth.  None.  I can't imagine killing a child for the sake of a mother's mental welfare.  If doctors determine that a child would be detrimental to a mother's mental health, then you declare the mother unfit, remove the child from the situation and put the child up for adoption.

It's straight up murder is what it is. Imagine a mother-to-be giving birth after feeling her baby move within her for months and deciding to murder it instead. There are so many who would love to adopt a baby and the abortionists would choose murder. I've been so upset after hearing this today.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 02:00:29 am by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Right_in_Virginia

The esteemed Governor Northam of the Commonwealth of Virginia is, by trade, a physician specializing in pediatric neurology.

From 1984 to 1992 he served as a United States Army medical officer. During his Army service, he completed a pediatric residency at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas, followed by a child neurology fellowship at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C. and Johns Hopkins Hospital.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Northam

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Just heard that maybe some states are pushing these laws because some feel time could be short for Roe V. Wade to remain law. I don't buy that though that Roe v. Wade will be overturned anytime soon, not in the next 3 years...

I think this is playing out beautifully. 

It belongs in the States.  Not the federal government.

For Democrats to show they're the party of woman's rights primarily to the point they will murder a viable human being..???

That's the same as dancing naked in Nordstrom's windows.

They may claim it's for cases where the infant is born "defective".   But, that's a slippery slope...the cost of elderly care would be next.

MRI??  Take a pill and go home and watch Netflix
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline austingirl

The esteemed Governor Northam of the Commonwealth of Virginia is, by trade, a physician specializing in pediatric neurology.

I wonder what his body count is.

Offline Polly Ticks

Normally, I try to avoid the "outrage fatigue" syndrome.  So many people can find so many different reasons to be outraged these days.

This, though.  This is truly the time to be outraged.  Endorsing the murder of what everyone knows is a viable human baby IS outrageous, depraved, sickening, and evil.

My oldest son was born at 35 weeks - 5 weeks early.  And although he was quite small, he was perfectly healthy and didn't even need to spend a single day in the NICU.  It defies belief that some think it would have been perfectly acceptable to end his life at 36, 37, 38 weeks or more.

I weep for this country. I weep for the babies.  God have mercy on us, though we clearly do not deserve it.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline TomSea

Normally, I try to avoid the "outrage fatigue" syndrome.  So many people can find so many different reasons to be outraged these days.

This, though.  This is truly the time to be outraged.  Endorsing the murder of what everyone knows is a viable human baby IS outrageous, depraved, sickening, and evil.

My oldest son was born at 35 weeks - 5 weeks early.  And although he was quite small, he was perfectly healthy and didn't even need to spend a single day in the NICU.  It defies belief that some think it would have been perfectly acceptable to end his life at 36, 37, 38 weeks or more.

I weep for this country. I weep for the babies.  God have mercy on us, though we clearly do not deserve it.

goopo

It's unbelievable.

Online libertybele

Amen!  My grandson was born at just 25 weeks - 3 months early.  When my daughter went into early labor, she was transported to a nearby Children's Hospital, with a Perinatal Intensive Care Center (Level II and III Neonatal intensive Care Unit).  We watched him develop on a daily basis and truly watched a miracle before our eyes.  I will never ever forget the day that my daughter called to say that she finally got to hold him (tears of joy) and the next day I finally got to hold him. Nor will I ever forget the day that they got to bring him home.   He is doing very well and is now your typical eight year old boy who loves to run, play, swim, watch superhero movies, play video games, and build Legos.  I can't even imagine had the hospital and doctors determined his life wasn't viable enough to save.  That hospital and those team of doctors work to save lives. How do you then terminate a life at 9 months?  How??

Yes, I weep for this country and the babies too.

Offline TomSea

That governor, Northam of Virginia is a physician so he knew exactly what he was saying.  Even:

Northam has been a pediatric neurologist at Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters in Norfolk, Virginia.[20]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Northam

Sad state of affairs, as shocking or more so than what happened in NY. The guy's future should be toast and as I've heard some say already, make every Dem. Presidential Candidate avow or disavow this position.  I think Trump already addressed it some on twitter. Make political hay out of it. I often don't feel that way but this was downright evil.

Offline Polly Ticks

He is doing very well and is now your typical eight year old boy who loves to run, play, swim, watch superhero movies, play video games, and build Legos. 

That's great to hear!  Love it!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline austingirl

@libertybele @Polly Ticks

Good to hear your stories with the happy endings!

Offline Hoodat

So New York and now Virginia have publicly shown the country/People what Democrats believe.

They always overstep.  Always.

satan always overplays his hand.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

https://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/government-politics/general-assembly/virginia-lawmaker-says-she-wouldn-t-have-co-sponsored-controversial/article_66ec687d-e8f4-5997-aca2-efc7d246c192.html

Richmond.com:

Virginia lawmaker says she wouldn’t have co-sponsored controversial abortion bill if she had read it closely

BY GRAHAM MOOMAW Richmond Times-Dispatch 1 hr ago

A Virginia lawmaker sent an email to her constituents Wednesday night apologizing for attaching her name to a controversial abortion bill without reading it closely enough.

In a newsletter, Del. Dawn Adams, D-Richmond, said she "did not exercise due diligence" before co-sponsoring the abortion legislation with Del. Kathy Tran, D-Fairfax. Tran became the focus of a social media firestorm this week after Republicans circulated video of her saying the bill would allow abortions up until the moment of birth if one doctor certified that the mother's physical or mental health was at risk.

"I made a mistake, and all I know to do is to admit it, tell the truth, and let the chips fall where they may," said Adams, a first-term delegate who won a close upset victory in 2017 in her suburban district and could face a competitive re-election campaign this year.

See link above.

They are calling these people "Delegates not representatives... so,

This has been the most asinine thing imaginable, radical reproductive rights people.

Sometimes, in America, there is a smugness, "look at those people in France" or Mexico or wherever but some of this lately, with that NY bill is the shaming of America.

Offline dfwgator

Virginia lawmaker says she wouldn’t have co-sponsored controversial abortion bill if she had read it closely

Shades of "President" Schwarzenegger!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What is most remarkable, and horrifying, to me is that these pro-death politicians can celebrate openly the slaughter of living babies and KNOW they will suffer no public consequence because of their words and actions.

Part of America is so devoid of decency, compassion and brainpower that they agree with this filth, part of America wants to hide and pretend nothing is wrong and that, though they disagree, these murders are because of "choice," and the only people reacting in horror are those of us who have been ridiculed for 50 years as "right wing extremists," "violent" and just plain crazy.

The left has completely destroyed this country, and I don't see any way of coming back.
Remember, the Left is killing the children of those who buy into the belief that this is "choice"--in other words, there will be fewer Leftist children.

They are murdering their own.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

I think this is playing out beautifully. 

It belongs in the States.  Not the federal government.

For Democrats to show they're the party of woman's rights primarily to the point they will murder a viable human being..???

That's the same as dancing naked in Nordstrom's windows.

They may claim it's for cases where the infant is born "defective".   But, that's a slippery slope...the cost of elderly care would be next.

MRI??  Take a pill and go home and watch Netflix
This  is the murder of innocents.

The followers of a rather infamous former Austrian corporal were quite well versed at the elimination of 'defectives'.

If that doesn't show where the slippery slope gets steeper, nothing does.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

https://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/government-politics/general-assembly/virginia-lawmaker-says-she-wouldn-t-have-co-sponsored-controversial/article_66ec687d-e8f4-5997-aca2-efc7d246c192.html

Richmond.com:

They are calling these people "Delegates not representatives... so,

This has been the most asinine thing imaginable, radical reproductive rights people.

Sometimes, in America, there is a smugness, "look at those people in France" or Mexico or wherever but some of this lately, with that NY bill is the shaming of America.
In both Maryland and Virginia, the equivalent of the House of Representatives in other bicameral legislatures has been known as the "House of Delegates" since colonial times.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

In both Maryland and Virginia, the equivalent of the House of Representatives in other bicameral legislatures has been known as the "House of Delegates" since colonial times.

Before that, it was called the House of Burgesses.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

Before that, it was called the House of Burgesses.
Correct, in Virginia, it was. (Not in MD.) VA is also a Commonwealth, MD is a State.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 12:25:21 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis