Author Topic: Trump: 'Does Anybody Really Think I Won’t Build the WALL?' Mulvaney: Trump 'Willing to Do Whatever I  (Read 10259 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Last year's deficit with Mexico under the old NAFTA was 71 billion. There is no reasonable assessment of the new NAFTA that doesn't save the U.S. 10's of billions...ensuring 75% of all auto parts are made here will, by itself save multiple billions. The only part you are correct about is that its not yet in place despite the signing of the agreement...though there is little doubt it will be approved by congress.

So yes, the new NAFTA pays for the wall and then some. And yes, this means Mexico pays for the wall.

Thanks for explaining that much better that I would have @Mesaclone   happy77

Offline libertybele

Last year's deficit with Mexico under the old NAFTA was 71 billion. There is no reasonable assessment of the new NAFTA that doesn't save the U.S. 10's of billions...ensuring 75% of all auto parts are made here will, by itself save multiple billions. The only part you are correct about is that its not yet in place despite the signing of the agreement...though there is little doubt it will be approved by congress.

So yes, the new NAFTA pays for the wall and then some. And yes, this means Mexico pays for the wall.

Then new construction should be starting tomorrow?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The only part you are correct about is that its not yet in place despite the signing of the agreement...though there is little doubt it will be approved by congress.

The ‘only’ part I’m right about is the most important aspect. Until there’s an actual agreement and wall funds are authorized, none of it means a thing.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

The ‘only’ part I’m right about is the most important aspect. Until there’s an actual agreement and wall funds are authorized, none of it means a thing.

888high58888

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline BlueHammer

No doubt about it.

Trump is the first time in more than a generation that the Pub party actually had a leader who cared more about the USA than himself or the "good" of the party, or the concerns of the chamber of commerce. The shame of it is instead of getting behind him and helping him (he's obviously not the most nuanced politician) most only thought about themselves and their personal empowerment. The end result was the loss of the House and probably the loss of the Senate in 2020. Eventually the establishment Pubs will be marginalized and a more conservative party will emerge. The issue will be whether they will be able to gain a majority, because the demographics of the country and the culture are changing so quickly.

Trump doesn’t care about America or Americans .... he cares about feeding his ego....before all is said and done, you will learn this. Unfortunately at that point it will be too late for the GOP

Offline libertybele

Trump doesn’t care about America or Americans .... he cares about feeding his ego....before all is said and done, you will learn this. Unfortunately at that point it will be too late for the GOP

IMHO, it was too late for the GOP when they once again in their infinite wisdom elected McConnell to lead the Senate and Ryan to lead the House.  Nothing changed. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:laugh:  Lookie here .... a NeverTrumper fighting for the GOPe.  Nice to see Bill Kristol's found some freelance work.    888blackhat

BTW, welcome to TBR.  I look forward to our discussions.  88devil

Offline RoosGirl

Me.  I don't think he'll really build the wall... unfortunately.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Trump: 'Does Anybody Really Think I Won’t Build the WALL?'

Well sir, no disrespect, but I'd feel more confident if you declared that "emergency" you been talkin' about, send in the troops, and got a-goin' on it...

Offline libertybele

Trump: 'Does Anybody Really Think I Won’t Build the WALL?'

Well sir, no disrespect, but I'd feel more confident if you declared that "emergency" you been talkin' about, send in the troops, and got a-goin' on it...

@Fishrrman don't hold your breath waiting for him to do so.  I just don't see that happening.  He continues to dangle that carrot as he's been doing since he first announced that he was running for president.  "All Aboard the Trump Train for Building a Wall".  Toot! Toot!

Offline bilo

Typical emotional response from a NT, or Rat.

If you can look objectively at what he has been willing to confront and put aside the knee jerk response to his aggressive personality you will see he has taken on the toughest issues facing the USA. The part of the Pub party that sees this and supports him is the future of the Pub Party. If we survive the open borders crowd this Pub Party will save the Republic.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline jpsb

Mexico already has paid for it....money from the rewrite of NAFTA has MORE than covered the Wall costs. The only issue now is getting congress to do its part to allocate a small portion of that Mexican money, freshly in our coffers thanks to Trump’s imposition of the new NAFTA, to the Wall.

:thumbsup:

Offline jpsb

So it is OK for him to break a campaign promise?

If you did not vote for Trump than you have no say in the matter.

Offline edpc

If you did not vote for Trump than you have no say in the matter.

That is absurd. I sincerely doubt anyone here voted for Obama, but we bust him on ‘if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor’ all the time.

Offline bilo

IMHO, it was too late for the GOP when they once again in their infinite wisdom elected McConnell to lead the Senate and Ryan to lead the House.  Nothing changed.

McConnell and Ryan had a once in a lifetime opportunity. They were at a nexus and took the wrong path. They pursued their own agendas instead of the greater principals that Trump correctly identified needed to be supported and followed. It was the Pub party that had no real plan to deal with the liberty destroying obamacare. It was the Pub party that had no real plan for all encompassing immigration reform. It was the Pub party that couldn't secure our borders. It was the Pub party that turned their back on the most defenseless in our society and increased funding to those who would kill them.

It is disingenuous to blame Trump for political failures. He is not the career politician. Ryan and McConnell are career politicians. They knew when the best time was to bring the big issues to a head and did everything in their power to avoid that moment. Trump's failure was in listening to them.

Offline jpsb

That is absurd. I sincerely doubt anyone here voted for Obama, but we bust him on ‘if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor’ all the time.

Trump voters will hold Trump accountable, people that didn't vote for Trump can hold Hillary accountable for the promises she made. Or hold whatever third party hack accountable for their promises. That's the way it works, you didn't vote for the winner you have no say until the then
election. Nobody on the right gives a damn about NeverTrumpers least of all Trump supporters.

Offline jpsb

McConnell and Ryan had a once in a lifetime opportunity. They were at a nexus and took the wrong path. They pursued their own agendas instead of the greater principals that Trump correctly identified needed to be supported and followed. It was the Pub party that had no real plan to deal with the liberty destroying obamacare. It was the Pub party that had no real plan for all encompassing immigration reform. It was the Pub party that couldn't secure our borders. It was the Pub party that turned their back on the most defenseless in our society and increased funding to those who would kill them.

It is disingenuous to blame Trump for political failures. He is not the career politician. Ryan and McConnell are career politicians. They knew when the best time was to bring the big issues to a head and did everything in their power to avoid that moment. Trump's failure was in listening to them.

:hands:

Offline BlueHammer

If we stop fentanyl and organized crime, that does pay for itself. Well said. Along with the new North American agreement.

except that the majority of that stuff comes through legal ports of entry.......a wall will not have an impact on that

Offline edpc

Nobody on the right gives a damn about NeverTrumpers least of all Trump supporters.

Yes, that ambivalence is apparent here on a daily basis.

Offline jpsb

except that the majority of that stuff comes through legal ports of entry.......a wall will not have an impact on that

How do you know that? But even if true building the wall will free up resources to be used else where.

Offline BlueHammer

Trump voters will hold Trump accountable, people that didn't vote for Trump can hold Hillary accountable for the promises she made. Or hold whatever third party hack accountable for their promises. That's the way it works, you didn't vote for the winner you have no say until the then
election. Nobody on the right gives a damn about NeverTrumpers least of all Trump supporters.

they haven't to date.......and they will vote for him regardless of whether or not the wall gets built......who else are you going to vote for? there's not going to be a GOP primary....

I want to see an emergency get called to try to build. It'll be hilarious when that gets shot down because that's when the chances of building the wall will go to zero.

Offline jpsb

they haven't to date.......and they will vote for him regardless of whether or not the wall gets built......who else are you going to vote for? there's not going to be a GOP primary....

I want to see an emergency get called to try to build. It'll be hilarious when that gets shot down because that's when the chances of building the wall will go to zero.

Trump is fighting as hard as he can to get the wall built, that is all he can do. Blame that snake Paul Ryan for not funding
the wall. Let's see what happens in 3 weeks. Also Ruth seat will be open soon, if Trump nominates Amy Barrett it will be
a home run for conservatives.

Offline aligncare

Your comments on this thread @bilo are well stated. Thanks for your insights. Sadly, here at TBR they fall on deaf ears amidst the Great Noise of the NeverTrump chasm.

Offline bilo

Your comments on this thread @bilo are well stated. Thanks for your insights. Sadly, here at TBR they fall on deaf ears amidst the Great Noise of the NeverTrump chasm.

There are exceptions. I for one did not vote for Trump in the primary, or general election. I voted for Cruz in the primary and myself in the general. However, after watching Trump for his first 3-6 months I realized he was actually trying to do what he said he would and I changed my thinking. The NT's here and elsewhere may not change their thinking, but we can hope.

Thanks for the compliment.

Offline Applewood

So Trump fans, when is your idol going to get together with the opposition?  Seems to me if he was a real leader, he would have leadership from both parties in his office TODAY working on this funding so the government doesn't shut down again.