Author Topic: Ted Cruz Remarks on End to Shutdown  (Read 1566 times)

Offline aligncare

Ted Cruz Remarks on End to Shutdown
« on: January 26, 2019, 12:47:00 am »

I am glad the Schumer shutdown is over. I am glad federal workers will finally be paid. For weeks, Democrats held their paychecks hostage. Yesterday, I fought hard to immediately pay every single essential federal employee – every essential employee at the Coast Guard, the TSA, air traffic controllers, Border Patrol agents, ICE agents, FBI agents, and those throughout law enforcement. Chuck Schumer and the Democrats cynically objected to that legislation and killed it on the Senate floor.

The Democrats have claimed that, once the shutdown ends, they are willing to negotiate in good faith to secure the border. Given their behavior, there is considerable reason to be skeptical of their claim. But, now, we will see if they actually meant what they said.

The media will obsess over the short-term political fight. But what matters is enacting real solutions to the real problems of this country. We have a crisis at our border, one that Texas experiences first-hand. We need real border security, including physical barriers to stop drug traffickers and human traffickers. I will continue to lead the fight to secure the border and get the job done. We must keep our word to the American people.

Perhaps the Democrats will end their partisan obstruction, set aside their hatred of the president, and agree to a reasonable compromise to actually secure the border. I hope so.

If not – if Democrats continue to embrace open borders at the expense of the American people – then today’s actions have made it all but inevitable that the president will declare a national emergency and deploy the funds and manpower necessary to build a steel barrier at high-traffic locations on the border.

https://m.facebook.com/SenatorTedCruz/

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Ted Cruz Remarks on End to Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 01:05:03 am »
I am glad federal workers will finally be paid. For weeks, Democrats held their paychecks hostage. Yesterday, I fought hard to immediately pay every single essential federal employee – every essential employee at the Coast Guard, the TSA, air traffic controllers, Border Patrol agents, ICE agents, FBI agents, and those throughout law enforcement. Chuck Schumer and the Democrats cynically objected to that legislation and killed it on the Senate floor.

The Democrats have claimed that, once the shutdown ends, they are willing to negotiate in good faith to secure the border. Given their behavior, there is considerable reason to be skeptical of their claim. But, now, we will see if they actually meant what they said.

The media will obsess over the short-term political fight. But what matters is enacting real solutions to the real problems of this country. We have a crisis at our border, one that Texas experiences first-hand. We need real border security, including physical barriers to stop drug traffickers and human traffickers. I will continue to lead the fight to secure the border and get the job done. We must keep our word to the American people.

Perhaps the Democrats will end their partisan obstruction, set aside their hatred of the president, and agree to a reasonable compromise to actually secure the border. I hope so.
If not – if Democrats continue to embrace open borders at the expense of the American people – then today’s actions have made it all but inevitable that the president will declare a national emergency and deploy the funds and manpower necessary to build a steel barrier at high-traffic locations on the border.

https://www.facebook.com/SenatorTedCruz/
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 01:05:35 am »
Always good to hear Ted's take on things.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 01:12:42 am »
Always good to hear Ted's take on things.

Not angry at you, but I disagree, he is one of "them'.  Demon-rats promised to build wall in 1986, with Reagans AMNESTY.  DEMON-RATS RENEGED on that promise.  No, they will NOT NEGOTIATE.  OR GIVE SOMETHING so minor, it does not matter.

Still waiting for my wall from 1986.  Why would people believe ANY of these professional politicians?  ANY OF THEM?

RINO'S & DEMON-RATS RUN CONGRESS.   

Offline MOD8

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 02:22:17 am »
Topics merged.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 02:39:04 am »
I am a Cruz supporter, but this is spin.
He admits that he is skeptical that a deal will be reached.
He says the voters will reject the Democrats if they don't vote for border security.
I don't see their base leaving them over this, unless they are personally affected.
They are the one-world-no -borders crowd, after all.
No, if this doesn't get done, Cruz and Trump risk losing more Republicans, than they do gaining more Democrats.
 I guess we will all know in 3 weeks.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 08:49:58 pm »
Information from smart JUDGE PIRRO
------------

Sorry...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 01:25:49 am »
Not angry at you, but I disagree, he is one of "them'.  Demon-rats promised to build wall in 1986, with Reagans AMNESTY.  DEMON-RATS RENEGED on that promise.  No, they will NOT NEGOTIATE.  OR GIVE SOMETHING so minor, it does not matter.

Still waiting for my wall from 1986.  Why would people believe ANY of these professional politicians?  ANY OF THEM?

RINO'S & DEMON-RATS RUN CONGRESS.

Actually it was 2006 when they voted for a wall.

Simpson-Mazzoli...The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) made no such provision for a wall...only that there would be immigration reform.

Facts...they're tricky things.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline BlueHammer

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 03:31:41 pm »
just sayin'

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 12:48:32 am »
Emjay wrote:
"The democrats have claimed that, once the shutdown ends, they are willing to negotiate in good faith to secure the border. Given their behavior, there is considerable reason to be skeptical of their claim. But, now, we will see if they actually meant what they said."

Anyone who believes the democrat-communists will "negotiate" on funding for a border barrier is more than a fool.

He is delusional.

Offline BlueHammer

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 01:24:37 am »
Emjay wrote:
"The democrats have claimed that, once the shutdown ends, they are willing to negotiate in good faith to secure the border. Given their behavior, there is considerable reason to be skeptical of their claim. But, now, we will see if they actually meant what they said."

Anyone who believes the democrat-communists will "negotiate" on funding for a border barrier is more than a fool.

He is delusional.

What’s delusional is funding for something people can’t even name....wall, border barrier, steel slats, fence.....you’d have to be a moron to support that

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 02:04:14 am »
What’s delusional is funding for something people can’t even name....wall, border barrier, steel slats, fence.....you’d have to be a moron to support that

If it were to actually be built, does it really matter what it's called? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 02:21:15 am »

Once it’s built, Nancy will introduce legislation to name it the Trump Immoral Wall of Shame.

The rats running congress will pass it posthaste.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 03:27:30 am »

THAT is not on any republican or my CENTRIST president TRUMP.  That LEFT, LYING MEDIA, AND LYING DEMON-RATS want to make an issue about a BARRIER, called a wall, that is what is ridiculous.  You need blueprints for what various barriers will be called, before funding a 'wall'?  All NORMAL people know what is meant by a WALL.  It is about our safety, NOT WORD GYMNASTICS.  THAT IS THE INSANITY BY DEMON-RATS & LEFT MEDIA.  "A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME IS STILL A...ROSE".

SEMANTICS.  NOW,  "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE"?  So, if you needed surgery, you need to know exactly, blow by blow, how the surgeon would use his scalpel?  He won't know, until he gets INSIDE you, to know what EXACTLY TO DO. He may find a growth, an anomaly, to deal with.  We may need a wall, barrier, fence, of steel slats, wire, wood, masonry.
So if it isn't ALL the same, he would be called a "liar"BY lefts.  There is NO END to the madness from the LEFT.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 03:38:07 am »
Emjay wrote:

He is delusional.

Ted is trying to sound like my president TRUMP.  The original is my president.  Anyone hear Kamal Harris speech?  How she is for American values, safety.....BARF!  OUTRIGHT LIES!  ANOTHER OBAMA.  Nothing a demon-rat says is worth the air into which it is uttered. PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS SUCK.  IS Ted running again in 2020?  I agree with Fisher. Once someone shows you who they are...BELIEVE THEM. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 03:47:16 am »

NO. We can agree on this. Does not matter. More WORD GAMES to defLect from our SAFETY as a nation.  LEFT MEDIA and demon-rats started that word insanity game.  Anything to make our safety a 'game'.  It is already being built & looks lovely. Border Patrol had input as to what THEY NEEDED for best protection. We did not have that information before.  Border patrol need to 'see' what is going on, on the other side. That did not occur to me or most people. NOW WE KNOW.
WE NEED STEEL SLATS.  I will find that video again. There are two. Courtesy of RIGHT IN VIRGINIA. HE FOUND THEM.

THERE ARE ALREADY SENSORS BELOW. Another "wall" will go on top..it is not complete. Then, more sensors, camera's, whatever technology there is. I don't understand people not wanting safety! This was promised in 1986!  DEMON-RATS RENEGED back then too.  That is why we had AMNESTY, with promise for a wall, by DEMON-RATS. 

PART ONE.

PART TWO;

Sorry...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 03:56:37 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2019, 04:05:29 am »
Once it’s built, Nancy will introduce legislation to name it the Trump Immoral Wall of Shame.

The rats running congress will pass it posthaste.

I have bad eyes, working on getting it fixed. Cataracts, anyway, I first read that as prostrate.

My president needs to be on Mt. Rushmore.  WWW.MAGAPILL.COM

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2019, 10:30:24 am »
For all I care, they can paint the barrier pink and let Christo take credit for it, just build the wall.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline BlueHammer

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2019, 01:02:07 pm »
Actually it was 2006 when they voted for a wall.

Simpson-Mazzoli...The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) made no such provision for a wall...only that there would be immigration reform.

Facts...they're tricky things.

actually, they voted for 700 miles of fence.......yes, facts are important and details help

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 03:04:19 pm »
actually, they voted for 700 miles of fence.......yes, facts are important and details help

Really?  Please show me because I've looked all through it and didn't see any appropriation for a wall.  All the 1986 amnesty bill did was to tighten immigration laws.  Reagan never fought for a wall in '86.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline BlueHammer

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2019, 03:09:42 pm »
Really?  Please show me because I've looked all through it and didn't see any appropriation for a wall.  All the 1986 amnesty bill did was to tighten immigration laws.  Reagan never fought for a wall in '86.

I was talking about the secure fence act of 2006

your signature is interesting when it comes to mentioning cowards negatively......you support a coward for POTUS
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 03:10:56 pm by BlueHammer »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2019, 03:21:42 pm »
I was talking about the secure fence act of 2006

your signature is interesting when it comes to mentioning cowards negatively......you support a coward for POTUS

Ahhh ok gotcha.  :beer: