Author Topic: Pelosi, Schumer declare victory, hope Trump 'learned his lesson'  (Read 21122 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Pelosi, Schumer declare victory, hope Trump 'learned his lesson'
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2019, 01:43:57 am »
Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

The deomocrat-communists who control the House will never agree to funding for wall construction. Never. They hold the purse strings and all they have to do is say "no". Not much more to say about that.

The ONLY way that Mr. Trump can move forward on the border barrier is the "national emergency" route. He has the authority to declare one (of course), but whether he can use the military to build the barrier will be a matter that will be decided by the Supreme Court and in the Congress (both Houses have to hold a 2/3 vote to override such a declaration of emergency within 60 days of each other, unless I'm mistaken).

So "the struggle" must be moved onto another battlefield and won or lost thereon.

That's the way forward.
I hope he has the intestinal fortitude to take it.
But... few leaders in history have such reserve.
We'll see.

The National Emergency nuclear option would have been stopped by just one Federal Judge, and you can bet the Democrats already had a list of judges that would do just that. Then where would Trump be? I suspect the White House new this.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2019, 01:51:27 am »
I feel like the ending scene in The Caine Mutiny....

Sorry...

Romney deserves a drink in his face.

I agree. Romneys dad George was born in Mexico, in a MORMON COMPOUND, which LDS people still have and visit each year. Romney would not want a wall, nor lose access to his COMPOUND IN MEXICO.  Then He needs to be excommunicated
for him not following the ARTICLE'S OF FAITH. NUMBER 12.  big gun can confirm. He as one time Bishop knows it well.
I paraphrase ; We believe in supporting, rulers, presidents, kings, magistrates and the rule of law.  What he did bad mouthing & voting AGAINST MY PRESIDENT...goes against Number 12 article.   ***wine   My drink to throw.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2019, 01:56:57 am »
The National Emergency nuclear option would have been stopped by just one Federal Judge, and you can bet the Democrats already had a list of judges that would do just that. Then where would Trump be? I suspect the White House new this.

YES!  That is what they do!  Then tied up for years, and his hands would be tied even more!  I don't get the N.T.'s with all this opposition, obstruction, resisting, NOT SUPPORTING TRUMP...as if LYING MEDIA wasn't bad enough, THEY BASHED HIM TOO, then wonder why he could not get THIS done.  I BLAME ALL OF THEM.  No better than ANY LEFT/COMMUNIST/DEMOCRAT. I CAN'T BELIEVE SO MANY FELL FOR THE BRAIN WASHING. 

Sorry...

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2019, 01:57:42 am »
   Please Briefers, refrain from even acknowledging me or @LegalAmerican will declare you an enemy of the State.

@corbe
It's your fault.
It's all your fault.
Every bit of it.
Pearl Harbor.
The Lusitania.
Stock market crash.
(Suddenly, I am reminded of my first wife. Her voice....).

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2019, 02:07:05 am »
Because that would be a sign of weakness, of giving in and abandoning their public opposition to Trump. Can’t have that.

With them it’s always been about how much smarter and better they are than Trump. Nice fantasy. Except that with every fake news story attacking Trump they’ve chosen the wrong side. They’ve been wrong about Trump 100 percent of the time – none of the calamity they’ve predicted about Trump has ever come to pass.

And now they’re wrong about Trump’s commitment to securing the border with a physical barrier. They see this last move as “caving” – the official line of the the DNC, CNN, Chuckie Schumer and his NeverTrumper allies here.

Face it @LegalAmerican their hatred can’t be reasoned with. The resistance here isn’t interested in the long game Trump’s playing, even if it means their public opposition undermines Trump and aids the democrats. That means nothing to the NeverTrumpers. It’s all about virtue signaling, without a thought to its impact on the president’s ability to move the public towards his position and achieve success.

AGREE.   I say, they are NOT patriots.   No more America.  Ann Coulture, book in 2016?  ADIOS AMERICA. 

What ever they think they are doing..ended IN 1963!   That is how FAR BEHIND THEY ARE. 

FAILED LIBERAL IDEAS.  They are responsible for those.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2019, 02:08:16 am »

AGREE.   I say, they are NOT patriots.   No more America.  Ann Coulture, book in 2016?  ADIOS AMERICA. 

What ever they think they are doing..ended IN 1963!   That is how FAR BEHIND THEY ARE. 

FAILED LIBERAL IDEAS.  They are responsible for those.

So now because we didn't kiss Trump's @ss like you...we're not Patriots and we're failed Liberals?

Do you know how dumb that sounds.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online corbe

« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2019, 02:13:03 am »
   She's just the warm-up Act @txradioguy @DCPatriot and @Right_in_Virginia will be in later to fully explain it in more rational terms.

Be Patient.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2019, 02:15:27 am »
   She's just the warm-up Act @txradioguy @DCPatriot and @Right_in_Virginia will be in later to fully explain it in more rational terms.

Be Patient.

I'm surprised they haven't shown up yet.  They must be waiting to get their talking points from Hannity's show on Fox tonight before commenting.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2019, 02:18:43 am »
So now because we didn't kiss Trump's @ss like you...we're not Patriots and we're failed Liberals?

Do you know how dumb that sounds.

I'm a failed liberal.

I'm a failed liberal!!!!!!

I never knew failure could make me feel so good.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2019, 02:19:45 am »
Explain why it's our fault- those of us who just could not vote for Trump for various reasons in 2016. He won without our votes didn't he? And he was well on his way in earning our votes in 2020 on the SCOTUS appointments alone.  He's getting no help from you, wanting us to rot in Hell.  Which by the way is a new low for TBR. Never during the hight of the campaign did I read insults like that here.

The complete abdication of responsibility for their f--kups is a hallmark of Trump and his supporters. Instead of saying, "yeah, Pelosi called my bluff and beat me on this one", they're blaming anyone and everyone they can think of. Over at Free Republic, some of his loony goons are calling Trump's move today a genius move.

Here at TBR, if you're not fully on the Trump Train, you're subject to a variety of personal insults. I've been used to those kinds of personal attacks for nearly 50 years...ok, call it 47 to be exact. My crime back then was that I accepted an Army ROTC scholarship.

The Army taught me everything about personal responsibility. As a platoon leader, everything my unit did or failed to do was on me...and no one else. When my platoon flunked an ARTEP, that was on me, baby. That experience molded me into a real PITA: if my neck is on the chopping block, then leave me alone and let me do my job.

It's not just Trump and his merry band of Brigadiers, it's nearly everyone in DC, and that includes the perfumed princes at the Pentagon. Man, at times I could see myself voting for Trump in 2020, but that's not going to happen if this is the best we're going to get on border security/the wall.

That's Trump's signature issue, and he is failing...there's not even a Pyrrhic victory on the distant horizon. C'mon, what did Trump accomplish with this partial shutdown?  Anyone? Ferris, Ferris?

Worse yet, Putin, Kim, and a number of bad characters have seen how Pelosi and Schumer rolled Trump on this one. They now have a good idea that there is no hill Trump is willing to die on, and that bodes badly for the near future for this country.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 02:20:19 am by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2019, 02:24:27 am »
LOL, you believed Trump...

@LegalAmerican is Flounder, Trump is Otter...you know, where Otter turns to Flounder and said, "Hey, you effed up! You trusted us!"   :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2019, 02:25:39 am »
You know that kind of all caps manure might win you a ton of praise and hi 5’s at FR...but when you post that junk here you just beclown yourself.

I'd be really impressed if she used italics instead of CAPS.  :rolling:

It may sound mean, but IMO it's time to use rhetorical two by four's on the die hard, blinder wearing, Orange Brigadiers. Their boy caved on his signature issue, and their response is to...blame us?  :rolling:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 02:28:32 am by Night Hides Not »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2019, 02:31:42 am »
You will never have that choice if you don't withhold support for the current clowns. You can't get there if you don't get out of their trench. It is like battered wife syndrome. Nothing will change until you take away their ability to batter you. The fear of the unknown keeps them in the bad situation. Enough is enough, you have venture out into the unknown to break the cycle.

I believe that's called "going Galt." Republicans cave first, so they're the easiest to get rid of them first. Unfortunately, I think the Democrats are going to save them by overplaying their hand...history repeats itself, doesn't it?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2019, 02:36:22 am »
   Please Briefers, refrain from even acknowledging me or @LegalAmerican will declare you an enemy of the State.

I acknowledge thee, @corbe:rolling:

Oceander

« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2019, 02:41:06 am »
This thread is almost too funny for words. 

Online corbe

« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2019, 02:45:00 am »

It doesn't always end well @Night Hides Not
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2019, 02:47:38 am »

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2019, 02:50:31 am »
I hope all you NeverTrumpers are happy, the invasion of the USA by Mexico and Central America can
now continue unabated.

Huh?  I didn't end the shut down.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2019, 02:55:14 am »
The complete abdication of responsibility for their f--kups is a hallmark of Trump and his supporters. Instead of saying, "yeah, Pelosi called my bluff and beat me on this one", they're blaming anyone and everyone they can think of. Over at Free Republic, some of his loony goons are calling Trump's move today a genius move.

Here at TBR, if you're not fully on the Trump Train, you're subject to a variety of personal insults. I've been used to those kinds of personal attacks for nearly 50 years...ok, call it 47 to be exact. My crime back then was that I accepted an Army ROTC scholarship.

The Army taught me everything about personal responsibility. As a platoon leader, everything my unit did or failed to do was on me...and no one else. When my platoon flunked an ARTEP, that was on me, baby. That experience molded me into a real PITA: if my neck is on the chopping block, then leave me alone and let me do my job.

It's not just Trump and his merry band of Brigadiers, it's nearly everyone in DC, and that includes the perfumed princes at the Pentagon. Man, at times I could see myself voting for Trump in 2020, but that's not going to happen if this is the best we're going to get on border security/the wall.

That's Trump's signature issue, and he is failing...there's not even a Pyrrhic victory on the distant horizon. C'mon, what did Trump accomplish with this partial shutdown?  Anyone? Ferris, Ferris?

Worse yet, Putin, Kim, and a number of bad characters have seen how Pelosi and Schumer rolled Trump on this one. They now have a good idea that there is no hill Trump is willing to die on, and that bodes badly for the near future for this country.

Yep

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2019, 03:02:23 am »
This thread is almost too funny for words.

That's why I like to use pictures/memes.  lol

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2019, 03:05:16 am »
I believe that's called "going Galt." Republicans cave first, so they're the easiest to get rid of them first. Unfortunately, I think the Democrats are going to save them by overplaying their hand...history repeats itself, doesn't it?

Sing it, Shirley

Sorry...

Online libertybele

« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2019, 03:40:05 am »
Nancie and Chuckie can gloat all they want. In Three weeks or less, Trump will have the last laugh when he gets his wall, fence, barrier or whatever the hell anyone wants to call it. Trump still holds the cards, another shutdown or his executive authority.

I would love to believe your are correct, but it's just not going to happen.  It's over.  The DEMS are in control, they've been in control even when the GOP had a full majority. There won't be another shutdown, or wall, no immigration reform and amnesty will be the new trend.  My hunch in fact is Trump will merge Mexico, U.S. and Canada and he and his cronies will make a ton of money.  You watch.

Trump doesn't hold all the cards, nor does he have a rabbit in his hat or a trick up his sleeve. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2019, 03:43:59 am »
   I see you didn't mention Magic Wand @libertybele that gives me some hope.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2019, 03:49:51 am »
I would love to believe your are correct, but it's just not going to happen.  It's over.  The DEMS are in control, they've been in control even when the GOP had a full majority. There won't be another shutdown, or wall, no immigration reform and amnesty will be the new trend.  My hunch in fact is Trump will merge Mexico, U.S. and Canada and he and his cronies will make a ton of money.  You watch.

Trump doesn't hold all the cards, nor does he have a rabbit in his hat or a trick up his sleeve.
Obviously you haven’t paid attention to the emergency powers the President has
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2019, 04:02:19 am »

Trump's not going to merge anything. Power people like things just as they are. That's why they hate Trump so much. He was going to expose the whole thing. All the so called 'unfixable' problems are easily fixed, if you want them to be. And the people in power don't want them to be 'fixed'.

The more society and government is in chaos, the more control they can exert. The people that control government do not want peaceful harmony. They want division and strife. Look all throughout history and even in famous literature, you will notice that the people in power always promoted war over peace. War gives power people control.

Nobody is going to merge anything. Oceania will always be at war with Eurasia. And while good men die fighting, the people controlling it all ski behind their yachts and laugh at the whole thing. It's all a joke to them. It's always been that way.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 04:45:38 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.