Author Topic: Drudge: Shutdown Agreement reached  (Read 46839 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Drudge: Shutdown Agreement reached
« Reply #525 on: January 26, 2019, 04:38:08 am »
Yeah, as long as it doesn't directly hurt you it's not a problem.
I didn't say it's not a problem...if MS-13 types were gang raping me or my family it would be a big problem.  Not seeing much of that here, but to be fair it is really cold in WI for that kind of often outdoors activity.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #526 on: January 26, 2019, 04:42:34 am »
@mystery-ak
So much for being gone permanently, lol.  I could have saved you a deletion.
@QueenCatofAragon

I left you alone to enjoy your "vacation" from here.  I didn't want to put any pressure on you to try to get you back.  I have missed you.  Try to stay out of trouble.  22222frying pan

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #527 on: January 26, 2019, 04:43:14 am »
Pearl clutching....how did you know pearls were my birthstone..I wear some sort of pearls everyday....and I don't clutch them.

You're breaking my heart...talk about preening..Trump should not have gloated and promised for 3 weeks how he was going to win this standoff...the biggest losers were 800k people who had to endure this madness brought on my him and his naivety in politics

Like the ones who got an extra three weeks vacation?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #528 on: January 26, 2019, 05:09:59 am »
You can thank the Bushes for that.

No, you can thank pragmatism for that... and the failure by the Republicans at large to demand the Conservatism they purport to care about.

And you can blame hero worship - the supposition that any one man can fix it - Which is nothing more than moonbeams and unicorn farts.

Until y'all finally burn down the big tent and start to demand purity toward Conservative principles, you will continue to get a rudderless party piloted by an idiot.

That is the bare fact.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #529 on: January 26, 2019, 05:20:01 am »
Today's GOP functions much better as an opposition rather that a ruling party.

I would agree with you except for the fact that the GOP doesn't function at all.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #530 on: January 26, 2019, 05:35:07 am »
Whatever happens, they NEED better messaging.

Nah. What they need is a unified purpose. And a buttload of common sense.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #531 on: January 26, 2019, 07:33:41 am »
I would agree with you except for the fact that the GOP doesn't function at all.

Good point... :beer:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #532 on: January 26, 2019, 08:14:26 am »
Because it is all talk?
I love Rush.............when Stein is hosting, really tired of Rush pimping Apple and all the other bullsquat, the best part of Hannity is when his show is over, ya get tired of mememememememe. I used to listen years ago when I still worked (take that as you will :whistle:) now I can't stomach any of it and can't remember the last time I turned on the news, all it is is all bullshit all the time and happy happy asininity from the talent(what a joke)

I was just talking with my 87 year old mother telling her how I missed old George Putnam, he read the news straight and  then clearly stated what was his own opinion.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #533 on: January 26, 2019, 08:16:25 am »
Well said @dfwgator . Call me an NT, but Trump has undeniably had some successes. The Republican Party needs to move on from the septuagenarians and octogenarians that are now calling the shots. I'm looking for someone in his/her 40s or 50s who can cobble together the factions at odds with each other in the center/right of center. I still like Cruz, but his brand was savaged by Trump. It needs to be someone who was not involved with the 2016 campaign.

There is one guy I would replace Trump with right now in a heartbeat.  And that is Governor Abbott.  He's certainly on top of my 2024 list.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #534 on: January 26, 2019, 08:26:09 am »
Are you seriously suggesting Trump should have fired the air traffic controllers?  Are you mad?
No, but when Reagan fired the PATCO a-holes he knew how to handle the shortage, he replaced them with military. Trump all hat no......................

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #536 on: January 26, 2019, 12:32:15 pm »
@libertybele

Soaring deficits, a swampier Swamp, repeal Obamacare, PP funding, restoring American pride...I'd give him failing marks for trade deals, and foreign affairs...YMMV

But the worst thing that Trump did was pit God fearing, gun loving, abortion hating, American business supporting, and rat loathing conservatives against each other.

I think Trump ran to elect Hitlery.  When Trump failed the plan changed to destroying the GOP from with in.

This IS what winning looks like.  Are you sick of winning?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #537 on: January 26, 2019, 12:36:05 pm »
There is one guy I would replace Trump with right now in a heartbeat.  And that is Governor Abbott.  He's certainly on top of my 2024 list.

President Abbott of the Republic of Texas sounds pretty good.

Hey, one can dream, right?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #538 on: January 26, 2019, 12:41:13 pm »
@dfwgator

Hannity said, “I think the president also kind of has a heart”. “He knows that this is tough on a lot of the furloughed workers.”   

You said, "Blah blah blah,  Bush had a "heart" too,  what good was that?"

I said Trump doesn't care about any of his peon workers, that he started government today so planes could take off at an airport in Washington, D.C.  I put Hannity's remark about Trump's "heart" in bold so people would know Hannity said it.  Trump has a cold heart - isn't there a western song about a cold heart?

What worries me is that if he has a heart for the furloughed federal workers, will someone/something convince him to have a heart for the illegals coming in?
So far, he has stood by the people who have lost loved ones, due to crimes committed by illegals.
I hope he doesn't forget that party of the equation.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #539 on: January 26, 2019, 12:42:43 pm »
@QueenCatofAragon
Is this you?
I mean, are you back?

@QueenCatofAragon

I missed you I missed you I missed you! I love the new name, meow! Don’t ever leave again.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #540 on: January 26, 2019, 01:03:32 pm »
I wouldn't be so quick to condemn Trump for this move.  It kinda became inevitable.  I see it as a 'live to fight another day' thing.

@Emjay

Don't pick a hill to fight and die on unless you are willing to fight and die on it.

If he tries another close-down next week,everybody will just laugh at him and wait for him to cave again.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #541 on: January 26, 2019, 01:14:30 pm »
Comes with the territory if you sign up for a government job.  Save for a rainy day, like the rest of us.

@dfwgator

I saw one on teebee a couple of days ago,whining about "We are going to miss a house payment,and I just don't know what we are going to do!" She and her husband were both civil service workers,both of them in their 60's with no children or grandchildren living with them,and they are worried about missing a house payment after decades of steady work?????

They either have WAAAAY too much house in a pricier neighborhood than they can afford,or no amount of money would be enough for them to live on,meet bills with,and then save some. Their house was very nice inside,but all I could see was that one room.

I can sympathize with someone in their 20's or 30's that has children,but a dual-employed couple in their 60's?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #542 on: January 26, 2019, 01:20:42 pm »
@kevindavis   You have become one of my new 'voice of reason' posters.

This is a good thing.  Everyone was totally focused on the shutdown and it was hurting Trump and his efforts to get the wall.

@Emjay

Say WHAT????????

This WAS his attempt to get the wall built.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #543 on: January 26, 2019, 01:26:42 pm »

@Emjay

Thank you.  I'm for border security as the next guy, but what Trump should have done is sit down with leaders from the House and the Senate work out a deal.

But no, he had to listen to Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh and Fox News.  That was a big mistake and it hurt Trump.

Hopefully this is the last Government shutdown period.  They never work.

@kevindavis

What color is the sky on your home planet?

You can't negotiate a deal with people who have no interest in negotiating with you. The Dims don't want a wall because cutting off access to America by illegal aliens would reduce their voter base.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #544 on: January 26, 2019, 01:44:52 pm »

So, the substance of the deal: #Trump agrees to re-open the govt (what Dems have demanded all along) & to turn over the job of enhancing border security to a bi-partisan commission. Why couldn't #Trump have offered such a sensible solution in, say, the 1st week of his presidency?

That was a legit question.

Because it wasn't and isn't a sensible solution. The Dims will NEVER vote for anything that reduces the number of illegal alien voters in this country. What would have,and what WILL happen is this "bi-partisan commission" will spend the next couple of years meeting in various vacation spas to agree to let out contracts to firms owned by donors and relatives that will do feasibility studies,engineering studies,manpower studies,environmental studies,etc,etc,etc,and end up concluding the wall will never be built. The final report will probably be written in Spanish,and the money spend for all the studies would have built the damn wall.

Is there ANYBODY out there that hasn't already figured out how this works?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #545 on: January 26, 2019, 01:48:48 pm »
Trump didn't gain a single vote from this, but he potentially lost millions.

@dfwgator

And there it is. If there is no wall standing going into the 2020 elections,he's wasting time even bothering to run,and Trumps nickname for all of eternity will be "Pelosi's Bitch".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #546 on: January 26, 2019, 01:56:36 pm »
But how many times must trump have to say it, he has an ace in the hole: declaring a national emergency if the political process breaks down?

He’s re-iterated again and again that he wants to use the normal political processes for getting the wall – but, that if it doesn’t happen that way, he’s always got that ace.

The fat lady hasn’t sung, but let’s all wring our hands and gnash our teeth even while the game is still on.

@aligncare

Maybe not,but the fat man has sang,and he was singing "Mercy!" If he had any desire to do that,he could have already done it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #547 on: January 26, 2019, 02:03:28 pm »
Congress doesn't matter.  The GOP there has proven over the years that they agree with the Rats on border security.  They don't want it.  Only we do, and we don't get a say.

@Cyber Liberty

The powers behind the DNC are communists that want a left-wing police state and need the illegal alien votes to get there,and the powers behind the RNC are their fascist cousins that want the illegal aliens for the cheap labor to improve their profits.

Both are elitists that care nothing for the nation or the common citizen. They only care about themselves,their power,and their profits.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #548 on: January 26, 2019, 02:06:56 pm »
Instead of focusing on the wall, why can’t the focus be on why they are coming here in the first place? Handouts, pure and simple. Stop the handouts. Stop free medical, stop free schooling, stop their filing for IRS credits. Go after companies hiring un E-verified employees.  Dry up their ability to live off the government tit. Go after identity theft. Dry up all the money sources for illegal aliens.

@Elderberry

Nice theory,but it is an established FACT that neither the DNC or the RNC have any interest in allowing this to happen,and this is WHY we need to build a wall.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #549 on: January 26, 2019, 02:09:49 pm »
Right.  Enforce the damned laws already on the books, for a refreshing change.  But oh hell no.... now we've got idiots out there wanting to abolish/eliminate ICE.  The inmates are running the asylum and about to burn it down.

@XenaLee

You should change the wording on your flat icon to "One Nation....,Invisible",and maybe add "We iz da wurld...." below that.