Author Topic: Drudge: Shutdown Agreement reached  (Read 46951 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Drudge: Shutdown Agreement reached
« Reply #350 on: January 25, 2019, 09:49:14 pm »
So ... again... why in the heck did he wait till he no loner had the majority in the House?? He should have made the push  much sooner and now WE lost!  WE lost big time.  No wall.  Illegals continue to pour across the border.  I hate to see what's in store for this country once the DEMS have full control.  It truly is a sad day.

Why did Trump call in the media and make such a circus??

Why didn't he call a national emergency long ago??   So many things he could have done and didn't. I continue to question why, just as I continue to ask why he appointed Rosenstein; sure seems like he did so to protect the left.

I'll be watching the SOTU ... only to hear what he will try to sell ...certainly not the wall.  Perhaps he'll be announcing he's stepping down.  That's just my guess.

No, I never wanted him to fail, not in the least.  I still see it as he stomped on the true conservative that was running and perhaps that was his purpose ...  no wall...illegal immigration is still an issue and amnesty is just around the corner... meanwhile Hillary still runs around free. 

I am disgusted.  The GOP had their chance and they blew it BIGLY!!!!!  **nononono*

If he does his wall speech I will vomit... :3:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #351 on: January 25, 2019, 09:49:30 pm »
Perhaps @libertybele it's because his Core Advisor Group (read: Family) never wanted a Wall.

Wait until he introduces a pet project they do like - paid family leave. Won’t that be fun?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #352 on: January 25, 2019, 09:50:26 pm »
Senate just passed the bill to re-open the government.

It's amazing how fast they can move once they've thrown their base under the bus, eh?  They could have just given Chuck and Nancy everything they wanted last month.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #353 on: January 25, 2019, 09:51:58 pm »

Wait until he introduces a pet project they do like - paid family leave. Won’t that be fun?

He can certainly count on help from the Rats in Congress, and the RINOs in the Senate.  The Rats will find a way to get on a Trump Train that's headed to their side.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #354 on: January 25, 2019, 09:52:37 pm »
AB Stoddard on Cavuto just said Pelosi/Shumer will NEVER agree to a wall on his watch...he played his hand and folded....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #355 on: January 25, 2019, 09:53:10 pm »
If he does his wall speech I will vomit... :3:

I'd have an extra barf bag standing by.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #356 on: January 25, 2019, 09:53:45 pm »
AB Stoddard on Cavuto just said Pelosi/Shumer will NEVER agree to a wall on his watch...he played his hand and folded....

There are no "do overs" in Poker.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #357 on: January 25, 2019, 09:55:03 pm »

He finally got tired of all the winning. Besides, the emergency declaration was way too easy.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #358 on: January 25, 2019, 09:57:16 pm »

I agree with AB.  The Wall is now a dead issue.
James 1:20

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #359 on: January 25, 2019, 09:58:28 pm »
No, I never wanted him to fail, not in the least.  I still see it as he stomped on the true conservative that was running and perhaps that was his purpose ...  no wall...illegal immigration is still an issue and amnesty is just around the corner... meanwhile Hillary still runs around free. 

@libertybele

Soaring deficits, a swampier Swamp, repeal Obamacare, PP funding, restoring American pride...I'd give him failing marks for trade deals, and foreign affairs...YMMV

But the worst thing that Trump did was pit God fearing, gun loving, abortion hating, American business supporting, and rat loathing conservatives against each other.

I think Trump ran to elect Hitlery.  When Trump failed the plan changed to destroying the GOP from with in.

This IS what winning looks like.  Are you sick of winning?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #360 on: January 25, 2019, 09:58:36 pm »

He lost that when he lost the house.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #361 on: January 25, 2019, 09:59:31 pm »

He finally got tired of all the winning. Besides, the emergency declaration was way too easy.

The Federal Courts have already proven an emergency declaration won't get the job done in time to save Trump's reelection in 2020.  There will be six injunctions from Tuesday before the ink is dry on the EO.  The best thing for the GOP would be if he announces his retirement, the sooner the better.
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #362 on: January 25, 2019, 09:59:59 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #363 on: January 25, 2019, 10:00:31 pm »

And so is the USA as we have known it.   There will be something named that but it won't remotely resemble what it was.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #364 on: January 25, 2019, 10:00:59 pm »
He lost that when he lost the house.

That's true.  This entire shutdown business just put the final dollop of paint on the "Under New Management" sign.
I will NOT comply.

Online berdie

« Reply #365 on: January 25, 2019, 10:01:17 pm »
Trump lost, huge.  And in this instance his loss is also the country's loss.

The man who was going to drain the swamp was instead overcome by it.  People can disagree about who defeated him - Pelosi, gutless Congressional Republicans, the six R Senators, the media, etc.  But whoever defeated him, he was defeated on his signature issue.

Naive faith that he has a plan, he knows how to build walls, he never quits, is simply whistling past the graveyard by those who can't admit that they backed a losing horse who loudly proclaimed himself a winner.

Exactly what leverage does Trump now have to get the wall built?  Yes he could make bellicose statements that he'll let the government close down in February and *keep* it closed down.  But what would make the Democrats, the gutless Congressional Republicans, or the media operate any differently next time?  Why would there be a different outcome?

He can still declare a national emergency, and I hope he will.  But we all know that would immediately be stayed by a Federal Court.  The time required for that question to work through the Federal Judiciary will occupy the remainder of his term, and there is no guarantee the Roberts-led USSC would rule in Trump's favor.

Yes, he is better than a Democrat president.  Yes, he has put two Constitutionalists on the USSC.  Yes, he has taken a clear position against regulation.   Yes, the market boomed after his election.  But his signature issue, the reason he ran, was The Wall and he lost it.  It is now proven empirically that he is not capable of doing what he said, and what many believed, he could do.

If he runs again I'll most likely vote for him, but my bet is that his administration is essentially finished.

That is a great post @HoustonSam .  I agree from start to finish.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #366 on: January 25, 2019, 10:02:28 pm »
What we saw today...was the result of Chuck and Nancy thumbing through their well worn copies of Rules for Radicals and happening upon Rule #11:

"If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside."

#12:

"The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."

and #13:

"Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

The GOP needs to realize there are only two sets of guidelines that the Dems use to reign down "utopia" on our heads...Rules for Radicals and The Communist Manifesto.  And they whip our @ss using those two books as guides....every single time.

When it comes to politics...The GOP out there trying to do some advanced triangulation mixed with some advanced calculus to find the square root of X.

It's not that hard to beat them if we remember one simple undeniable truth...

Conservatism wins every time it's tried.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online berdie

« Reply #367 on: January 25, 2019, 10:04:30 pm »
Instead of focusing on the wall, why can’t the focus be on why they are coming here in the first place? Handouts, pure and simple. Stop the handouts. Stop free medical, stop free schooling, stop their filing for IRS credits. Go after companies hiring un E-verified employees.  Dry up their ability to live off the government tit. Go after identity theft. Dry up all the money sources for illegal aliens.

That has been my thought for years. But I think the politickin' gets in the way of a common sense solution.  The only thing I would add is do whatever is necessary to end anchor babies.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #368 on: January 25, 2019, 10:07:35 pm »
It's not that hard to beat them if we remember one simple undeniable truth...

Conservatism wins every time it's tried.

I laugh every time Rush pushes that pablum.  Fact Check #1.  Trump is the President.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #369 on: January 25, 2019, 10:07:49 pm »

Actually a lot of the sites really are. Has anybody ever seen 3 Full House on the table? Or 3 Four of a Kind? Some of those games are insane. You pop 4 Kings and some bot pulls out 4 Aces. The odds of that are infinite.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #370 on: January 25, 2019, 10:10:37 pm »
I laugh every time Rush pushes that pablum.  Fact Check #1.  Trump is the President.

Reagan is proof that statement is true...it isn't "pablum"...we haven't had a truly conservative President since Regan left office.

His track record on the economy and what he did to bring this country from the brink after 4 years of Carter is undeniable.  The effects of his economic polices alone carried into the Clinton and Bush 43 presidencies.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #371 on: January 25, 2019, 10:12:19 pm »

That has been my thought for years. But I think the politickin' gets in the way of a common sense solution.  The only thing I would add is do whatever is necessary to end anchor babies.

@berdie

As I said earlier on this thread, fixing the illegal immigration problem is easy. Finding ANYONE in government with the intestinal fortitude to do it is damned near impossible!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #372 on: January 25, 2019, 10:16:44 pm »
Reagan is proof that statement is true...it isn't "pablum"...we haven't had a truly conservative President since Regan left office.

His track record on the economy and what he did to bring this country from the brink after 4 years of Carter is undeniable.  The effects of his economic polices alone carried into the Clinton and Bush 43 presidencies.

So did his immigration policies.

Offline edpc

« Reply #373 on: January 25, 2019, 10:18:04 pm »
The Federal Courts have already proven an emergency declaration won't get the job done in time to save Trump's reelection in 2020.  There will be six injunctions from Tuesday before the ink is dry on the EO.  The best thing for the GOP would be if he announces his retirement, the sooner the better.

Oh, I know it would get bogged down. DACA and the travel ban have demonstrated that. I was being dry and mocking what he’s said and the fact some here think SCOTUS would let that case jump the appeals process and rule on in within weeks.

Sorry...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 10:19:27 pm by edpc »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #374 on: January 25, 2019, 10:27:53 pm »

Oh, I know it would get bogged down. DACA and the travel ban have demonstrated that. I was being dry and mocking what he’s said and the fact some here think SCOTUS would let that case jump the appeals process and rule on in within weeks.

Sorry...

Maybe if some Congresscritter's wives start getting gang-raped by MS-13 types, things will change.   But fat chance of that since they all live comfortably in their gated communities.