Author Topic: Drudge: Shutdown Agreement reached  (Read 46836 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Drudge: Shutdown Agreement reached
« Reply #275 on: January 25, 2019, 08:45:48 pm »
Wayne Dupree
🎧
‏Verified account @WayneDupreeShow
55s56 seconds ago

THIS JUST IN: Schumer said there will be a "discussion" on border security as "we promised." 

[paraphrasing] The American people were agast at what Trump did to the federal workers, Democrats are firmly against the wall but can agree on other sercurity things #RealTalk

There will never be a wall under this President..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #276 on: January 25, 2019, 08:46:30 pm »
Alrighty then. The only chance for our future is immediate Calexit.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #277 on: January 25, 2019, 08:46:36 pm »
"Compassionate conservationism" and amnesty for millions of illegals was all Bush. Expanding government in all directions repeatedly - no child left behind, drug programs, etc. He was poison for conservatism by remaking it in his own image. That wasn't incompetence. That was liberalism.

And whats funny is the pushback from the people upset that Bush caved and was willing to consider amnesty was what got us the 2006 Border Security Act or whatever it was called that all the Dems are trying to pretend they never voted for.

There won't be that kind of outcry from the masses this time IMO because there's too many people...as we've started to see here already...who think Trump did nothing wrong today...that it was a brilliant move and anyone who says different is just "pining for Hillary".   That will paralyze any effort to from the people to get the wall built.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #278 on: January 25, 2019, 08:47:33 pm »

Adam Parkhomenko
Adam Parkhomenko

"Pelosi is going to have to add Trump to her disclosure forms where it asks for a list of assets she owns."

Online corbe

« Reply #279 on: January 25, 2019, 08:49:01 pm »
 :rolling:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #280 on: January 25, 2019, 08:49:40 pm »
 :silly:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #281 on: January 25, 2019, 08:50:34 pm »
I think I might pop the lid on the sewer and take a look....

Probably resembles your avatar.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #282 on: January 25, 2019, 08:50:43 pm »
New Hat a few members of TBR must be wearing as they spin this as a win.... might as well rename my avatar as Pelosi holding Trump's head...

« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 09:00:42 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #283 on: January 25, 2019, 08:51:46 pm »
"Pelosi is going to have to add Trump to her disclosure forms where it asks for a list of assets she owns."

uh huh

"Pelosi is going to have to add Trump to her disclosure forms where it asks for a list of assets ASSHATS she owns."

Fixed it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #284 on: January 25, 2019, 08:51:55 pm »
Because there is not a single person in this government with the intestinal fortitude to do what really needs doing!

That's why I'm an Anarchist at Heart. Well, more of an AnCap.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #285 on: January 25, 2019, 08:53:04 pm »
   I'm sure Trumpbart is imploding too.  I told RiV last night that The Base is crumbling she snarked back something very profound, indeed.  :whistle:

"Profound" is not a word I would associate with @Right_in_Virginia , but that's just me.   :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #286 on: January 25, 2019, 08:53:24 pm »
Adam Parkhomenko
Adam Parkhomenko

Big surprise you would be following a Rat piece of shit and a Hitlary worker on Twit.....

Adam Parkhomenko
Description
Adam Parkhomenko is a Democratic political strategist and organizer who served as National Field Director for the Democratic National Committee in 2016.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #287 on: January 25, 2019, 08:54:20 pm »
Oh he'll run again all right.  He's got enough of an echo chamber telling him he's the best President in the last 70 years to make him try for a second term.

They'll probably have a special about it on The Gorilla Channel.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #289 on: January 25, 2019, 08:56:00 pm »
@Emjay, it is not in our interest if he just goes along to get along.  Not at all.

@Sanguine   Trump making a decision to end the shutdown, which, rightly or wrongly, was hurting his cause is not going along to get along.

It's living to fight another day.  I think Trump rightly decided he could get nothing done during a shut down.

It is totally in our interest to support Trump, even if we don't like him and even if we disagree with some things he does.

He is our border, our boundary against the truly evil people on the other side.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #290 on: January 25, 2019, 08:56:19 pm »
Trump lost, huge.  And in this instance his loss is also the country's loss.

The man who was going to drain the swamp was instead overcome by it.  People can disagree about who defeated him - Pelosi, gutless Congressional Republicans, the six R Senators, the media, etc.  But whoever defeated him, he was defeated on his signature issue.

Naive faith that he has a plan, he knows how to build walls, he never quits, is simply whistling past the graveyard by those who can't admit that they backed a losing horse who loudly proclaimed himself a winner.

Exactly what leverage does Trump now have to get the wall built?  Yes he could make bellicose statements that he'll let the government close down in February and *keep* it closed down.  But what would make the Democrats, the gutless Congressional Republicans, or the media operate any differently next time?  Why would there be a different outcome?

He can still declare a national emergency, and I hope he will.  But we all know that would immediately be stayed by a Federal Court.  The time required for that question to work through the Federal Judiciary will occupy the remainder of his term, and there is no guarantee the Roberts-led USSC would rule in Trump's favor.

Yes, he is better than a Democrat president.  Yes, he has put two Constitutionalists on the USSC.  Yes, he has taken a clear position against regulation.   Yes, the market boomed after his election.  But his signature issue, the reason he ran, was The Wall and he lost it.  It is now proven empirically that he is not capable of doing what he said, and what many believed, he could do.

If he runs again I'll most likely vote for him, but my bet is that his administration is essentially finished.

James 1:20

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #291 on: January 25, 2019, 09:00:16 pm »

The man who was going to drain the swamp was instead overcome by it.  People can disagree about who defeated him - Pelosi, gutless Congressional Republicans, the six R Senators, the media, etc.  But whoever defeated him, he was defeated on his signature issue.

Naive faith that he has a plan, he knows how to build walls, he never quits, is simply whistling past the graveyard by those who can't admit that they backed a losing horse who loudly proclaimed himself a winner.

Exactly what leverage does Trump now have to get the wall built?  Yes he could make bellicose statements that he'll let the government close down in February and *keep* it closed down.  But what would make the Democrats, the gutless Congressional Republicans, or the media operate any differently next time?  Why would there be a different outcome?

He can still declare a national emergency, and I hope he will.  But we all know that would immediately be stayed by a Federal Court.  The time required for that question to work through the Federal Judiciary will occupy the remainder of his term, and there is no guarantee the Roberts-led USSC would rule in Trump's favor.

Yes, he is better than a Democrat president.  Yes, he has put two Constitutionalists on the USSC.  Yes, he has taken a clear position against regulation.   Yes, the market boomed after his election.  But his signature issue, the reason he ran, was The Wall and he lost it.  It is now proven empirically that he is not capable of doing what he said, and what many believed, he could do.

If he runs again I'll most likely vote for him, but my bet is that his administration is essentially finished.

I think so too.  His promise to build the wall just went the way of "Read my lips."  One can put the blame for today anywhere one wants, but the fact of the matter is the GOP didn't act on it while they were in charge, and Trump didn't press the issue with them either. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #292 on: January 25, 2019, 09:00:18 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

« Reply #293 on: January 25, 2019, 09:00:49 pm »
@Sanguine   Trump making a decision to end the shutdown, which, rightly or wrongly, was hurting his cause is not going along to get along.

It's living to fight another day.  I think Trump rightly decided he could get nothing done during a shut down.

It is totally in our interest to support Trump, even if we don't like him and even if we disagree with some things he does.

He is our border, our boundary against the truly evil people on the other side.

LOL... Don't start something without a plan or the courage to finish it. The Dems now have solid leverage over Trump with the threat of a government shutdown to get whatever they want.

Trump folded when his test of courage came and there will be consequences.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #294 on: January 25, 2019, 09:01:27 pm »
Newsman: Sir, why are you running?
Reporter #1: Why are you running?
Reporter #2: Are you doing this for world peace?
Reporter #3: Are you doing this for women's right?
Newsman: Or for the environment?
Reporter #1: Or for animals?
Reporter #3: Or for nuclear arms?
Forrest TRUMP: [narrating] They just couldn't believe that somebody would do all that running for no particular reason.
Reporter #2: Why are you doing this?
Forrest TRUMP: I just felt like running.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #295 on: January 25, 2019, 09:01:43 pm »
Wayne Dupree
🎧
‏Verified account @WayneDupreeShow
55s56 seconds ago

THIS JUST IN: Schumer said there will be a "discussion" on border security as "we promised." 

[paraphrasing] The American people were agast at what Trump did to the federal workers, Democrats are firmly against the wall but can agree on other sercurity things #RealTalk

There will never be a wall under this President..

The vast majority of American people didn't give a shit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #296 on: January 25, 2019, 09:02:25 pm »
*Someone had to step up and be the bigger person..Trump did*....RNC's response......lmao...sure whatever..

btw it's not called the wall anymore..it's a barrier..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #297 on: January 25, 2019, 09:03:18 pm »

Aided by the six Republican traitors, yesterday.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #298 on: January 25, 2019, 09:04:18 pm »

Why can't you see that your post is nothing but a death wish @HoustonSam ????

Trump hasn't handled this issue exactly as you wanted so you decide to cave to the dark side?

And I mean dark, beyond anything you can imagine.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #299 on: January 25, 2019, 09:04:49 pm »

Well stated, HS.

I realize that a lot of folks on the right are now feeling betrayed... and that the "winning" meme has been made a mockery of.... but emotions are running high right now, as expected.  Let's wait a day or so and see how things go before we make blanket predictions.  Nobody really knows what will happen next. 

Do I think he caved?  Yeah.   Does it mean we, on the right, are ultimately defeated?  Hell no.

Just sayin....
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.