Author Topic: Drudge: Shutdown Agreement reached  (Read 46894 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Drudge: Shutdown Agreement reached
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2019, 07:42:22 pm »
Michael Medved
‏Verified account @MedvedSHOW
13m13 minutes ago

So, the substance of the deal: #Trump agrees to re-open the govt (what Dems have demanded all along) & to turn over the job of enhancing border security to a bi-partisan commission. Why couldn't #Trump have offered such a sensible solution in, say, the 1st week of his presidency?

That was a legit question.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2019, 07:42:32 pm »
Michael Medved
13m13 minutes ago

So, the substance of the deal: #Trump agrees to re-open the govt (what Dems have demanded all along) & to turn over the job of enhancing border security to a bi-partisan commission. Why couldn't #Trump have offered such a sensible solution in, say, the 1st week of his presidency?

It takes an idiot like Medved to think a "bi-partisan commission" would produce a functioning wall.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2019, 07:43:12 pm »
Heard it all before Ad nausium! Tired of talk! Need REAL action now!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 07:43:43 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2019, 07:43:46 pm »
The issue ultimately in this standoff is getting a border wall agreement – not furloughed government bureaucrats.

When the wall is finally built and powered up and stopping border jumpers, no one’s gonna remember, nor will they care that Nancy “outsmarted” Trump and that workers got to return to their cubicles and video games.

In time, history will remember the Great Wall of Trump – not his “cave” on the issue of the overpaid, non essential government workers going back to sucking on the government teat.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2019, 07:43:52 pm »
Michael Medved
13m13 minutes ago

Because a "bipartisan commission" will not result in a wall being built? But Michael Medved knows that.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2019, 07:43:57 pm »

Chad Pergram
‏Verified account @ChadPergram
3m3 minutes ago

Dem source: Senator McConnell began the Thursday meeting in his office with Sen. Schumer with an offer to Schumer for a short term CR with a down payment on the wall.

·         Schumer said he and Democrats would not support wall funding.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2019, 07:44:17 pm »

That was a legit question.

Can a question be "legit" and "stupid" at the same time?  Rats would never permit a wall, open borders is a religious item to them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2019, 07:44:53 pm »
Chad Pergram
‏Verified account @ChadPergram
3m3 minutes ago

Dem source: Senator McConnell began the Thursday meeting in his office with Sen. Schumer with an offer to Schumer for a short term CR with a down payment on the wall.

·         Schumer said he and Democrats would not support wall funding.

They don't have to support wall funding, so why would they?
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2019, 07:45:01 pm »
Bye-bye wall; hello cave. 

Fumb duck of a “president” we have. 

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2019, 07:46:45 pm »
The issue ultimately in this standoff is getting a border wall agreement – not furloughed government bureaucrats.

When the wall is finally built and powered up and stopping border jumpers, no one’s gonna remember, nor will they care that Nancy “outsmarted” Trump and that workers got to return to their cubicles and video games.

In time, history will remember the Great Wall of Trump – not his “cave” on the issue of the overpaid, non essential government workers going back to sucking on the government teat.

@aligncare

I'd like to share your optimism, but this ain't my first rodeo.

@Bigun

I'm frustrated as well.

Online rustynail

« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2019, 07:47:07 pm »

I want this outcome.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #161 on: January 25, 2019, 07:48:22 pm »
Reverend Al Sharpton
‏Verified account @TheRevAl
32s32 seconds ago

Trump blinked, he could have done this 35 days ago. Needless suffering for 800k federal employees. Crazy!!

Trump didn't gain a single vote from this, but he potentially lost millions.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2019, 07:48:38 pm »
I want this outcome.

Would you vote for Trump for President if we're still getting nothing but promises to fix the border?
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2019, 07:48:53 pm »
@Emjay The Trump Presidency is not in my interest.  Sooner or later he will be replaced with a human.  It's looking like that could be sooner now.

So you don't think Pence will take the office either?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2019, 07:48:58 pm »
Bye-bye wall; hello cave. 

Fumb duck of a “president” we have.

bleep dumb Congressional traitors as well.  This was a team loss.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2019, 07:49:33 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia   It is amazing to me how many people here seem to work against their own interests.

It is in our interest for Trump to be President.  He will get a wall eventually and he is doing so many other things that are good for our country.

If Trump is somehow destroyed, opening the door for a democrat rule, we will face an unimaginable void and a loss of our country.

If Trump really wanted the wall, he could have gotten it.

He could have declared a national emergency (hell, Obama declared one over the flu).
He could have used existing mandates under the Corps of Engineers.
He could have piggy backed on the Secure Fence Act.
He could have easily found the funds, not just for the initial $5 billion/100 mile stretch, but likely the full thing, in the discretionary budgets under his departments (the DOD or Homeland Security discretionary budget could have covered this several times over.)
He could have supported Cruz's bill to divert $25 billion from the DEA, seized from El Chapo, to it. (At that, as this was under Homeland Security, an executive branch, a bill may not have been necessary.

He could have accomplished this many ways- and he knew this because he threatened to do several of these (but never did).

I submit to you, he didn't actually want a wall or the responsibility around it. He wanted the issue. He wanted something to fire up his base over. He wanted chants. He wanted to keep them feeling like victims that he was there to help.

After this, he will still stay in permanent campaign mode, get the chants, tell people he is working for them, and still be at square one.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 07:51:39 pm by ABX »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2019, 07:49:47 pm »
Would you vote for Trump for President if we're still getting nothing but promises to fix the border?

I still vote Trump because there simply is no alternative.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2019, 07:49:56 pm »
Trump didn't gain a single vote from this, but he potentially lost millions.

That is correct.  This is his "Read my lips!" moment, and I'm reading them loud and clear.
I will NOT comply.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2019, 07:50:34 pm »

Ditto
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2019, 07:50:45 pm »
:silly:...waiting for Ann Coulter's reaction to be posted on TBR...Rush and Hannity has been pushing the shutdown now they will do an about face and agree with him....

The contortions on this one to explain why it was a brilliant move will be interesting to see.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2019, 07:51:17 pm »

Spelunker-In-Chief

« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 07:52:11 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2019, 07:51:46 pm »

I won't vote for President, but I still have down-ticket candidates I can support.  For now.

I'm in AZ.  The border is one of the top three issues for us down here and this double-cross will be long remembered.
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2019, 07:52:12 pm »

Guy Benson
‏Verified account @guypbenson
2m2 minutes ago

Overall, predictable denouement & why GOP leaders counseled against this strategy. OTOH, many Dems reiterated support for new barriers over past month & Trump demonstrated appetite for historic-length shutdowns. He won’t get a big win, but if he gets something, he should take it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2019, 07:52:24 pm »

Seems there's only one way forward for that to happen now and it's iffy given the lawsuits that will be filed to stop it.  There's no way anything is getting built in the next 2 years, and if it doesn't get built in 2 years it's likely there won't be an additional 4 years in which to try.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2019, 07:53:37 pm »

Spelunker-In-Chief

This is a ruse, the well trained eye sees this guy is hiding a shank in his left hand.