Author Topic: Senators pitch three-week stopgap bill to resolve shutdown fight  (Read 796 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senators pitch three-week stopgap bill to resolve shutdown fight
By Jordain Carney - 01/24/19 04:39 PM EST

A group of moderate senators are pitching a three-week stopgap bill as an offramp to the partial government shutdown in exchange for Congress agreeing to work on a border security plan during that time period.

The proposal spearheaded by Sens. Ben Cardin (D-Md.) and Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) comes after the Senate rejected both a White House-backed plan to provide $5.7 billion for the border wall and a separate plan that would have temporarily reopened the government through Feb. 8.

"We need to pass a short-term three-week clean CR so that we can have time to consider the president's request and work together on a bipartisan border package," Cardin said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/426870-senators-pitch-three-week-stopgap-bill-to-resolve-shutdown-fight
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Senators pitch three-week stopgap bill to resolve shutdown fight
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 10:07:26 pm »
NO!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 10:07:30 pm »
Murkowski - No.

Besides, Pelosi says no money for wall, never, no how. Whats to negotiate? I'd make Murkowski explain that one.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 10:08:17 pm by skeeter »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 10:09:22 pm »
Spelunker-In-Chief
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 10:19:31 pm »
Murkowski - No.

Besides, Pelosi says no money for wall, never, no how. Whats to negotiate? I'd make Murkowski explain that one.

If I recall, the House budget that was passed in the beginning of Trump's administration indicated that there was money appropriated to repair existing fence but NO $$ would be allocated for additional fencing then or in the future.  It was then that many were misled in thinking that the money allocated was for additional fence/wall.  It was not. 

Here the GOP/Trump sits without a bargaining chip; no DACA as SCOTUS refused to hear the case.  So, that is off the table and has been, so, I'm not quite sure why he even made that offer.  He called in the media at the 11th hour which had absolutely no affect other than to threaten a shutdown and that clearly hasn't worked. What the DEMS want is permanent residency for DACA and no money for a wall.  They haven't offered anything for DACA and never will.  The lower courts ruled against Trump as well as SCOTUS so they have the advantage on this one.

The President has only one choice, and that is to declare a national emergency, which should have been done when the first caravan mob of over 1,000 hit Mexico and was pounding on our doors.  Caravans keep coming in, without him declaring a national emergency, so now the legitimacy of declaring a national emergency is dwindling. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 10:19:31 pm »
Murkowski - No.

Murkowski is a Rat in all but name.