Author Topic: Pelosi: No Dem counteroffer on border security  (Read 1112 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: No Dem counteroffer on border security
« on: January 24, 2019, 07:37:02 pm »
Pelosi: No Dem counteroffer on border security
By Mike Lillis - 01/24/19 01:09 PM EST

Share to Twitter

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that House Democrats are not working behind the scenes to craft a counteroffer to President Trump’s border wall demands as a strategy for ending the history-making partial shutdown.

“That’s not true. That’s not true. That’s not true,” Pelosi said during a press briefing in the Capitol.

Instead, the Speaker asserted that Democrats’ strategic blueprint remains unchanged: The House will continue to pass spending bills already authored and endorsed by Republicans, while insisting that Trump reopen the government as the prerequisite for bringing Democrats to the negotiating table on his border wall.

“We are doing what we have been doing all along: working on our congressional responsibility to write bills, appropriations bills, to keep government open,” she said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/426810-pelosi-no-dem-counter-offer-on-border-security
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Pelosi: No Dem counteroffer on border security
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 07:37:50 pm »
Like I said..Pelosi isn't gonna deal...Trump will have to cave..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 07:55:32 pm »

The Republican always caves because the Democrat will not. I think this guy is different. He needs to really call out the Democrats.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 08:04:11 pm »
The Republican always caves because the Democrat will not. I think this guy is different. He needs to really call out the Democrats.

He just telegraphed the cave.  SOTU is done, and if he fails to get funding for the wall he loses in 2020.  I'd make book on it, but it would be unsporting of me to take all that money.

Pelosi knows this is for all the marbles, it's why she won't budge.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline the_doc

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 08:15:29 pm »

I think Trump knew going into this "negotiation" garbage that Pelosi is insanely stubborn.  I believe he has been prepared from the very start of the shutdown to "cave" by giving up on negotiating with the bad-faith Dems--i.e., he will start building the wall over their objections.  (This will seem to be his very strong fall-back position [Plan "B"], but I believe it has been his Plan "A" all along.) 

Building the wall over the Dems's objections is arguably the noblest, fully Constitutional way for a POTUS to deal with dangerous political crooks.  (As I said on another thread, this scenario will likely prove to be the worst of worst-case scenarios for the Dems.)

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 08:16:18 pm »

Hold on here.  Why is it the Trump will have to cave?  Why not the other way around...Trump isn't gonna deal so Pelosi will have to cave?  It is beyond the time for the GOP to remain strong and NOT cave for once.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rustynail

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 08:17:33 pm »
Winning!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 08:17:51 pm »
I think Trump knew going into this "negotiation" garbage that Pelosi is insanely stubborn.  I believe he has been prepared from the very start of the shutdown to "cave" by giving up on negotiating with the bad-faith Dems--i.e., he will start building the wall over their objections.  (This will seem to be his very strong fall-back position [Plan "B"], but I believe it has been his Plan "A" all along.) 

Building the wall over the Dems's objections is arguably the noblest, fully Constitutional way for a POTUS to deal with dangerous political crooks.  (As I said on another thread, this scenario will likely prove to be the worst of worst-case scenarios for the Dems.)

Hope you're right..I sure hate seeing Pelosi and the Dems win this stand-off
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 08:24:25 pm »

I think most don't want to see Pelosi win...again.  It is critical that the President doesn't cave and hopefully he knows that.  What does Chuckie have on those in the Senate and what does Nancy have on those in the House??

Interesting don't you think that she can't deliver a speech without coming across rattled, incoherent and slurring her words but she can still stand her ground?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 08:25:57 pm »

Here's a rule for negotiation:  "Never trade an action for a promise."  Tell me that's not what happened here.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 08:27:24 pm »
@mystery-ak

Dr. Jerome Corsi, a long-time associate of DJT, has said that Trump always wins just when it looks like he's going to lose.  (If Corsi is reasonably accurate in that appraisal, I suspect that it is a phenomenon of Trump's use of Sun Tzu's doctrines of war.)

Offline the_doc

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 08:33:58 pm »
Here's a rule for negotiation:  "Never trade an action for a promise."  Tell me that's not what happened here.

Okay.  Consider it done.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 08:42:38 pm »
Okay.  Consider it done.

Fortunately, we'll both die of old age before it's ever proven.   :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 09:17:11 pm »
Fortunately, we'll both die of old age before it's ever proven.   :beer:

Oh, I'm an optimist.  (Full disclosure:  I expect to live to the age of 120 years.)

Anyway, have a beer with me. :beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 09:28:13 pm »
Oh, I'm an optimist.  (Full disclosure:  I expect to live to the age of 120 years.)

Anyway, have a beer with me. :beer:

Gladly!  I've been reading you too long to get into a spitfight with you over this silliness.   :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 09:41:06 pm »
Fox...Sarah Sanders says Trump will consider a CR.... :pop41:
Support the USO

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 09:50:32 pm »
Instead, the Speaker asserted that Democrats’ strategic blueprint remains unchanged: The House will continue to pass spending bills already authored and endorsed by Republicans

This is technically true. However, those CRs were passed in mid December. They still have an expiration date of February 8. Nothing has changed on that front. So, you will either end up in another shut down in two weeks or pass really horrible, rushed legislation. Why bother?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 02:58:14 am »
"Pelosi: No Dem counteroffer on border security..."

Show of hands, please:
Who here believes there will ever BE one from them....?