Author Topic: Progs and NeverTrumps celebrate Trump postponing SOTU at their peril  (Read 344 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 24, 2019
Progs and NeverTrumps celebrate Trump postponing SOTU at their peril
By Thomas Lifson

There are a lot of foolish back-slapping and high fives among Trump-haters from both parties this morning on the news that President Trump has agreed to postpone the State of the Union Address in the wake of Speaker Pelosi withdrawing the invitation to use the House of Representatives' chamber.  (For example, "Trump waves the white flag and surrenders to Nancy Pelosi on State of the Union" and "Flounder in Chief Folds.")  Celebrate now, repent later.  The chess game is far from over.

As the Shutdown was going on, Nancy Pelosi asked me to give the State of the Union Address. I agreed. She then changed her mind because of the Shutdown, suggesting a later date. This is her prerogative - I will do the Address when the Shutdown is over. I am not looking for an....
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 24, 2019

....alternative venue for the SOTU Address because there is no venue that can compete with the history, tradition and importance of the House Chamber. I look forward to giving a “great” State of the Union Address in the near future!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 24, 2019

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/progs_and_nevertrumps_celebrate_trump_postponing_sotu_at_their_peril.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34