Author Topic: Nathan Phillips’ DD-214 RELEASED – And Shows He’s Not Quite What He Claims  (Read 3200 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nathan Phillips’ DD-214 RELEASED – And Shows He’s Not Quite What He Claims

Posted at 10:37 pm on January 22, 2019 by Jennifer Van Laar

While many mainstream news outlets have been pathologically fixed on researching everything having to do with Covington Catholic High School and The Covington Kids, precious few (I’d wager none) have devoted any resources to researching anything regarding Nathan Phillips’ military service or anything else about him. On Monday Streiff reported that it was mathematically impossible that Phillips served in the Vietnam war, but Phillips’ DD-214 wasn’t publicly available.

Late Tuesday, that changed. Retired Navy SEAL Don Shipley shared Nathan Phillips’ (a/k/a Nathan Stanard) DD-214, which he’d acquired through a FOIA request. Shipley discusses its contents in this video:
Sorry...

more
https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2019/01/22/nathan-phillips-dd-214-released-shows-hes-not-quite-claims/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
REALLY??? Who would have ever guessed???   /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I didn't know you could request a copy of someone's DD-214 through FOIA...I have always thought only the person it belongs to could release it.....

Case in point..why didn't anyone use the FOIA to get Kerry's?....we heard at the time that Kerry would have to release it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I didn't know you could request a copy of someone's DD-214 through FOIA...I have always thought only the person it belongs to could release it.....

Case in point..why didn't anyone use the FOIA to get Kerry's?....we heard at the time that Kerry would have to release it.

That question came immediately to mind when I saw this title and I recalled 2004.  How did this get released, and by whom?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 06:45:12 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
FYI if you didn't know, Don Shipley in this video is beyond the real deal and has exposed a lot of fake SEALs and 'operators'.

Offline dfwgator

"Yeah it was real hush hush!"

Sorry...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

The folks that chase down stolen valor and military fakers do it all the time.  There's a cost to it IIRC and it takes some time...but it can be done.  Done Shipley is one of the best at sniffing out the fakes and the thieves and so was the late Jonn Lilyea.

IIRC Kerry...despite promising to do so never signed the Form 180 to make all his records public.  Had he done so it would reveal that his Less Than Honorable discharge upgraded to Honorable after Carter pardoned the draft dodgers in '77.  His Honorable Discharge was signed by the Secretary of The Navy not an ordinary Admiral or the commander of the last reserve unit he served in.

Also...the media had no interest in doing a FOIA on his records...he's one of them.  Meanwhile I was in the Texas Army National Guard when Bush 43 was running and there were over 200 FOIA requests to the state headquarters for W's 2-1 personnel file while he was still a candidate.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 07:04:52 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Well done. 

I am Ten Bears.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
"I Can't Say I'm Sorry" Says Covington MAGA Hat Teen; "Vietnam Vet" Indian Outed As Fridge-Fixer

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-23/i-cant-say-im-sorry-says-covington-maga-hat-teen-vietnam-vet-indian-outed-fridge

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline NavyCanDo

Served 4 years and still a E1.  That is what we would have called a serious F%&@-up.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline LMAO

IMO, the bigger issue in all this is the performance of the news media. They horribly neglected their responsibility in this case and that's why trust in them continues at a record low
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

I agree. Getting a 214 on someone is very unusual. There is a lot more very personal info on a 214 than just a military record. I don't understand this either?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I agree. Getting a 214 on someone is very unusual. There is a lot more very personal info on a 214 than just a military record. I don't understand this either?
I would assume the very personal stuff would be redacted. But still... I didn't think FOIA covered military affairs anyway. Isn't that stuff classified unless otherwise stated?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I would assume the very personal stuff would be redacted. But still... I didn't think FOIA covered military affairs anyway. Isn't that stuff classified unless otherwise stated?
@jmyrlefuller
I know. Who was the Judge or legal body that would even approve such a request? What possible legal justification could there be?

Phillips may be able to sue someone over this.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
@jmyrlefuller
I know. Who was the Judge or legal body that would even approve such a request? What possible legal justification could there be?

Phillips may be able to sue someone over this.

Put me on the jury.

Little, more despicable than stolen valor.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 12:58:19 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I fixed a fridge up into a smoker. Sent some signals with it one day. All that showed up was a skunk.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Not Christmas in Cambodia, Seared into their memories? 22chief
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

And the Media is still doubling down.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They're Liberals. It's what they do.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee

Correct. We are trying to get my wife's uncle's DD214 and he is dead.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline LMAO

Some are slightly retracting. Some are doubling down.

I think we’re losing sight of the big picture here. The DD 214 issue is nothing. The big issue is how the media conducted itself. There was no curiosity. No initial investigation to see if the story was what was claimed. It’s so fit their narrative that to them that was good enough to run it as true. We are supposed to  rely on the news media to be a watchdog especially for those who are in power. Instead, they’ve  become watchdogs against the American people who disagree with them

Whether or not this Nathan Phillips served in Vietnam or not is unimportant. He’s going to go away. What’s not gonna go away is the press that have decided that their narratives are the news
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 02:44:15 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Some are slightly retracting. Some are doubling down.

I think we’re losing sight of the big picture here. The DD 214 issue is nothing. The big issue is how the media conducted itself. There was no curiosity. No initial investigation to see if the story was what was claimed. It’s so fit their narrative that to them that was good enough to run it as true. We are supposed to  rely on the news media to be a watchdog especially for those who are in power. Instead, they’ve  become watchdogs against the American people who disagree with them

Whether or not this Nathan Phillips served in Vietnam or not is unimportant. He’s going to go away. What’s not gonna go away is the press that have decided that their narratives are the news

Perhaps a slight revision.

What’s not gonna go away is the press that have decided that their narratives are the truth

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley