Author Topic: In bitter divorce battle, Joni Ernst says she declined chance to be Trump’s VP  (Read 321 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In bitter divorce battle, Joni Ernst says she declined chance to be Trump’s VP
by Caitlin Yilek
 | January 22, 2019 10:50 AM

Sen. Joni Ernst, R-Iowa, states in divorce papers that she turned down a chance to be President Trump’s running mate in the 2016 election because she thought her husband “hated any successes I have.”

The GOP senator, 48, and her husband, Gail, 65, are engaged in a bitter court battle. She claims he assaulted her after she confronted him about his alleged affair with their daughter's babysitter, she wrote in a court filing.

She cites her marriage as reason for passing on the opportunity to be vice president. “Meanwhile, he hated any successes I had and would belittle me and get angry any time I achieved a goal,” she said.

“In the summer of 2016, I was interviewed by Candidate Trump to be vice president of the United States. I turned Candidate Trump down, knowing it wasn’t the right thing for me or my family,” Ernst said in an affidavit.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/joni-ernst-says-she-declined-chance-to-be-trumps-vp
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34