Author Topic: Politico: Centrist Dems urge Pelosi to break shutdown stalemate  (Read 575 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Politico: Centrist Dems urge Pelosi to break shutdown stalemate
« on: January 22, 2019, 08:30:59 pm »
 Centrist Dems urge Pelosi to break shutdown stalemate

A group of House Democrats is drafting a letter to Pelosi asking her to agree to hold a vote on Trump’s wall after the government is reopened.

By RACHAEL BADE and BURGESS EVERETT

01/22/2019 12:45 PM EST

Updated 01/22/2019 01:26 PM EST

A group of centrist House Democrats, eager to end the shutdown and sick of political posturing, is pressing Speaker Nancy Pelosi to counter President Donald Trump’s immigration proposal with her own potential compromise.

The group, led by Rep. Elaine Luria of Virginia, is asking the California Democrat to offer Trump a vote on his border wall sometime in February if he signs a bill reopening the federal government, according to a draft copy of the letter obtained by POLITICO.

“We understand that this shutdown was not caused by the 116th Congress, but it is our job to fix it,” the letter reads, detailing the hit the shutdown has had on federal workers as well as the economy.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/22/house-democrats-pelosi-shutdown-1118986
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Politico: Centrist Dems urge Pelosi to break shutdown stalemate
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 08:56:25 pm »
I've read similar stories from other sources but those moderate democrats had better watch their backs.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 09:02:35 pm »
I've read similar stories from other sources but those moderate democrats had better watch their backs.

Too many worms in that apple.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 09:04:31 pm »
Trump's refusal to back down is kicking the blame back to the Democrats. People realize it is a small amount of money that he wants, the shutdown really doesn't affect them that much and there are too many other stories diverting their attention away from Trump being Hitler for "shutting down the government". Pelosi is starting look like the guilty party. I'm afraid she will double-down to avoid looking like they shut down the government over nothing.
Meanwhile, federal contractors like my daughter are suffering. They don't get back pay.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 09:34:33 pm »
Dem lawmaker calls on Democrats to ‘give Trump the money’ for border wall
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/426467-dem-lawmaker-calls-on-democrats-to-give-trump-the-money-for-border-wall
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 09:40:22 pm »
Unfortunately, initial reports make clear that his proposal is a compilation of several previously rejected initiatives, each of which is unacceptable and in total, do not represent a good faith effort to restore certainty to people’s lives,” Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in statement.

Where is your good faith, worm?

I wish she would just hop a jet to some hellhole like F ghanistan.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 10:54:30 pm »
Where is your good faith, worm?

I wish she would just hop a jet to some hellhole like F ghanistan.

I'm for that too...just not on OUR plane.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: