Author Topic: Covington Catholic Cancels School Early Tuesday Morning Due to Safety Concerns, No Parents or Studen  (Read 725 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: Covington Catholic Cancels School Early Tuesday Morning Due to Safety Concerns, No Parents or Students Allowed on Campus
by Cassandra Fairbanks January 22, 2019

Covington Catholic High School has sent out a prerecorded message to parents telling them that school is cancelled on Tuesday due to “safety concerns.”

Parents received nearly no information from the school since the incident — other than a brief email on Monday that did not address the Antifa protesters threatening to protest the campus on Tuesday.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/breaking-covington-catholic-decides-to-cancel-school-early-tuesday-morning-due-to-safety-concerns-no-parents-or-students-allowed-on-campus/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 22, 2019
Covington Catholic diocese sticks to its calumny against its kids
By Monica Showalter

Nobody should be all that surprised that leftist mobs and their mainstream media allies perpetrated a false story about Covington Catholic schoolboys in MAGA hats supposedly 'mocking' a Native American, followed by a Twitter feeding frenzy that's going to get them a lawsuit. As John Hinderaker notes, the blue checkmarks are now swiftly deleting and scrubbing their Twitter statements in a pathetic bid to avoid getting sued.

MAGA kids, of course, know what the left is like from other incidents, and probably can deal that behavior on some level.

But what isn't good is the embrace of the dishonest narrative from the kids' own school and their own Catholic diocese, falsely condemning them in some amazing public calumny they have yet to retract. It's shocking, actually.

The joint statement the diocese and the school put out is here:

The Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School have issued the following statement:

We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general, Jan. 18, after the March for Life, in Washington, D.C. We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips. This behavior is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.

The matter is being investigated and we will take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion.

We know this incident also has tainted the entire witness of the March for Life and express our most sincere apologies to all those who attended the March and all those who support the pro-life movement.

The clerics and their educators haven't retracted that statement, although both websites - that of the diocese and the school itself - are now down.

So much for the church's teaching on 'dignity and respect of the human person.' Based on that statement, they've made an exception for MAGA-hat wearing kids even if they're inside the church's own educational care. Talk about not loving your own kids.

The full video has since shown that in fact, the kids were the ones being provoked, first by a group of fringe fanatics called the 'Black Hebrews' who shouted racist and homophobic slurs at the kids, fighting words, which, if they drew a reaction, would be protected by law; and then by the media-vaunted Native American 'elder,' who, the video shows, walked up to the kids and beat a drum into one of their faces. The targeted kid, who, it must be noted was a kid in need of protection from his chaperones and didn't get it, was a kid who returned the act with a smile, a perfect expression of non-violent resistance on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. The provocation from the radical followed an earlier attempt by the same man to beat his drum into the face of a 15-year-old girl who expressed terror at the act, something that didn't suit the camera shots his activist buddies and media allies sought, which is why he moved on to the next kid.

This is sick stuff because the facts show that the kids acted with admirable restraint in the face of a genuine provocation to violence. They should actually be drawing praise from their diocese.

But there they go, condemning their own kids, publicly threatening to expel them, and apologizing to a professional agitator who tried to provoke a fight, all in the name of appeasing the rabid left.

What weakness. And that's the best scenario.

What an outsider might conclude is that the diocese has some amazing contempt for its own paying customers, the kids whose parents pay top dollar to educate their kids in that Catholic school system. To condemn them without the full facts and then slink away with broken website, saying nothing, is rather insect-like. I've taught in Catholic schools, and I know what the teaching experience is like - if you are to be an effective teacher, you really need to love your kids, all of them, even the ones who don't behave. This statement threatening to expel the kids for something they didn't do in the name of appeasing the gods of political correctness is exactly the opposite of that kind of love.

It's also a misreading of what's happening here. The attack is not on particular individuals, although some got caught up in the leftist scam, it's an actual attack on 'Catholic schoolboys' and by extension, Catholic schools.

Did Brett Kavanaugh's Jesuit Catholic school come out and condemn him when false accusations were lobbed against him during his Supreme Court hearing? Not in the slightest. They correctly recognized that the attack was groundless, with a secondary aim to discredit all Catholic education. They stood up for themselves and their values, knowing full well what was at stake.

Not so Covington. I do not know much about the archbishop, but he appears to be elderly, which doesn't mean conservative, and the best I can guess is that he doesn't know what's at stake or how eager the next target of this attack is likely to be Catholic education itself. Throwing a bone to this baying mob and kowtowing to its lies is pretty much feeding a crocodile in the hopes it eats them last.

The kids are their customers - and now they've just condemned them falsely. Right in the wake of church scandals about its crimes against children, this diocese and school has gone and committed another crime against kids.

Is that going to make people want to enroll their kids in this school? I sure wouldn't.

Can you imagine Howie Schultz condemning his Starbucks customers? He certainly didn't defend his employees who asked some non-paying customers to leave in Philadelphia a few months back, but it's inarguable that he defends his customers even when they are utterly wrong. He's a businessman, and knows which side his bread is buttered on. The diocese and the school, not so much.

Yet the clerics persist in condemning the boys and sticking to their story. Not even the prospect of a lawsuit scares it. Maybe one of them should look up 'calumny' on the 'sin' scale and see if it registers.

If they don't, they're just molesting the kids another way.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/covington_catholic_diocese_sticks_to_its_calumny_against_its_kids.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
#CovingtonCatholic is closed today due to security threats.

When will journalists learn that #fakenews has real consequences.

Also, if it’s this bad WITH multiple videos exonerating these boys, imagine how bad the threats would be WITHOUT them.

https://twitter.com/kelseyjharkness/status/1087682755679408128?s=12&fbclid=IwAR229cMBsj-xnYRgkJDjDjG1Yr4IQE7U8ZlpvuhVFi87raiOjfCXZGUGWSk
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Some advice for the students and faculty of Covington Catholic:

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
January 22, 2019
Covington Catholic diocese sticks to its calumny against its kids
By Monica Showalter
[/quote author=mystery-ak link=topic=348686.msg1896182#msg1896182 date=1548174404]

This is by far the most disgusting part of the matter. The MSM media does what it does. No surprise. For the Bishop to join the howling mob actually took me by surprise, None of the typical bafflegab that is standard from the muckety mucks. The good thing, gong forward, is that the parents and the students themselves are not going to put up with it.
See also: https://www.breitbart.com/faith/2019/01/22/catholic-leaders-refuse-to-retract-slander-of-school-boys-at-march-for-life/

Offline verga

Email I sent to the diocese of Covington:
The School and the Diocese are wrong to condemn the action and behavior of your students that attended the March for Life. Their behavior showed tremendous restraint in the face of insults and bigotry. Instead of condemning them you should hold them up as excellent examples of how young Catholic men should behave in the face of adversity. The full length videos show that these young men were provoked and did nothing to instigate the abuse they received. I have been a Public high school teacher for over 23 years and a life long Catholic. I would be proud to have thee young men in my parish, diocese, or school. I urge you to rethink the message that you are sending to them and the rest of the world 

Here is there URL if anyone else would like to support these outstanding young men:
https://www.covdio.org/contact/
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Email I sent to the diocese of Covington:

Mrs Don-o also emailed him plus her own Bishop and local clergy. She tried to call diocese of Covington. No one answering the phone. Her own Bishop, who habitually ignores ger, actually replied. This is not going away.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Mrs Don-o also emailed him plus her own Bishop and local clergy. She tried to call diocese of Covington. No one answering the phone. Her own Bishop, who habitually ignores ger, actually replied. This is not going away.

@don-o

I can tell you what all this recent anti-Catholic crap is all about in three words.  Amy Coney Barrett!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@don-o

I can tell you what all this recent anti-Catholic crap is all about in three words.  Amy Coney Barrett!

the National Women’s Law Center opposed Barrett’s nomination to the Seventh Circuit, calling her a threat to “civil, constitutional and reproductive rights.” On July 2, NWLC tweeted: “Someone like Amy Coney Barrett has no place on the bench of our country's highest court.” Apparently, the organization, which boasts the motto, “expanding the possibilities for women and girls since 1972,” only wants to expand opportunities for certain kinds of women and girls. Women “like Amy Coney Barrett” not included.

The left wing whacko's  are scared shitless she will be Notorious RBG's replacement.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

I would be proud to have thee young men in my parish, diocese, or school. 

Here is there URL if anyone else would like to support these outstanding young men:
https://www.covdio.org/contact/

Maybe one of them can replace Bergoglio.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The left wing whacko's  are scared shitless she will be Notorious RBG's replacement.

Damned right they are and will do literally ANYTHING to prevent it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

From your lips to God's ears.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CovCath to remain closed until law enforcement says it’s safe
http://www.fox19.com/2019/01/22/covington-catholic-high-school-closes-tuesday/
Support the USO