Author Topic: Supreme Court allows Trump administration to enforce military's transgender ban  (Read 659 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Supreme Court allows Trump administration to enforce military's transgender ban
by Melissa Quinn
 | January 22, 2019 09:52 AM

The Trump administration can begin enforcing its policy restricting many transgender people from serving in the military while legal challenges proceed through the lower courts, the Supreme Court said Tuesday.

The court voted 5-4 to grant Justice Department requests to put on hold lower court orders that blocked the Trump administration from enforcing the transgender military ban nationwide.

The court split along ideological lines, with justices appointed by Democratic presidents voting to deny the Trump administration’s application to halt the lower court rulings — Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor, and Elena Kagan.

President Trump announced on Twitter in July 2017 that transgender troops would not be permitted to serve in the military in any capacity, and subsequently issued an order barring most transgender people from military service.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/supreme-court-allows-trump-administration-to-enforce-militarys-transgender-ban
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Good. We don't need the mentally ill in the military and we sure don't need to pay for their hormones and surgeries.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Good. We don't need the mentally ill in the military and we sure don't need to pay for their hormones and surgeries.

The article says RBG voted against so I wonder when this vote was taken.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online mountaineer

Makes sense to me:
Hill 🐝Buzz   @HillBuzz
Doesn't it seem obvious that if a person thinks that their brain is in the wrong body that they shouldn't be trusted with weapons in a military unit? Someone who says their brain is in the wrong body is admitting they have a serious mental disorder. Seems  unfit for military.
2:58 PM - 22 Jan 2019
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It continues to amaze me that some people continue to think that a court has the power to prevent the president from doing something.  They do not have any such powers
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The article says RBG voted against so I wonder when this vote was taken.

She phoned it in from her bed.  Roberts says it's A-OK.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She phoned it in from her bed.  Roberts says it's A-OK.

One beep from her heart monitor for yes.

Two beeps for no.

Got it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Amen, If it isn't mental illness being so confused you can't accept the gender you were born as I don't know what is.  We don't need our military to be a mental circus.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.