Author Topic: Catholic School Student In Viral Video with Native American Elder Condemns 'Outright Lies'  (Read 18841 times)

Online roamer_1

I do not go along with banning CNN from this site but I find it hard to understand why anyone would want to post a story from them without serious fact checking.

More to the point, why would anyone trust ANY source without serious fact checking?
That should be WHY things are posted, CNN included.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Any particular reason you are dredging up a 2 day old argument that the boss told the folks involved in to walk away from?

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline RoosGirl

One little troll, trolling 3 separate people.  Wow.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
One little troll, trolling 3 separate people.  Wow.

...except that @Emjay had already posted that @Amb. Frank Cannon 's reply was to her ONLY post on the thread.

Quite possible that she hadn't kept up with the thread or Myst's warning.

Show me another 9 page thread that didn't go off the rails.   No! Never mind. Don't show me.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

...except that @Emjay had already posted that @Amb. Frank Cannon 's reply was to her ONLY post on the thread.

Quite possible that she hadn't kept up with the thread or Myst's warning.

Show me another 9 page thread that didn't go off the rails.   No! Never mind. Don't show me.

Oh good, you knew who I was talking about.

Offline corbe

I want to take this opportunity to stand in the affirmative for some of these lost and derailed, multipage Threads @DCPatriot FOR more often than not they can be quite entertaining for the few Briefers that play there, IMHO.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Axeslinger

More to the point, why would anyone trust ANY source without serious fact checking?
That should be WHY things are posted, CNN included.
@roamer_1
Exactly...in truth, I would posit that THEORETICALLY, even the foulest crap from the bowels of the Internet (like storm front, et al) should not be banned.   They should all be held up to the light of day and the posters who post crap from places like that should be held to defend that posting.   Don’t get me wrong, I completely get why @mystery-ak has drawn that line in the sand AND AGREE.  But, we should serve as disinfectant not just sweep the stuff we don’t like under the rug and pretend it doesn’t exist.  Thus anything that is put on that other side of the line should be done so onlybwith careful deliberation.

And as I said on the other thread, I weep for my country when conservatives state that they want information banned.  Truly depressing and tragic.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 10:03:48 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   I want to take this opportunity to stand in the affirmative for some of these lost and derailed, multipage Threads @DCPatriot FOR more often than not they can be quite entertaining for the few Briefers that play there, IMHO.

For some reasons, threads like that make me think of Pecan Pie. :pondering:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
For some reasons, threads like that make me think of Pecan Pie. :pondering:

I like pie. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I like pie.

I like pie and cornbread! But not together mind you.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1
[...] we should serve as disinfectant not just sweep the stuff we don’t like under the rug and pretend it doesn’t exist. 

That's how I see it too. In fact, the stuff we don't like would be all the more important to post and dissect... Prove it wrong... Or if true, at least we can know what's coming.

And as I said on the other thread, I weep for my country when conservatives state that they want information banned.  Truly depressing and tragic.

Absolutely... The worst place to be is in an echo chamber. That is not Conservative by any stretch.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That's how I see it too. In fact, the stuff we don't like would be all the more important to post and dissect... Prove it wrong... Or if true, at least we can know what's coming.

Absolutely... The worst place to be is in an echo chamber. That is not Conservative by any stretch.

My point is, and always was, Why bring in crap that you know you are going to have to disinfect before the fact!  Seems like a waste to me.  I generally know what the leftist bastards at CNN are going to say long before they actually say it.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

My point is, and always was, Why bring in crap that you know you are going to have to disinfect before the fact!  Seems like a waste to me.  I generally know what the leftist bastards at CNN are going to say long before they actually say it.

If that is true, it should take nothing to disprove it - And in doing so, provide a service to lurkers, the ill informed, and the internet in general. Ignoring it allows it to stand.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
If that is true, it should take nothing to disprove it - And in doing so, provide a service to lurkers, the ill informed, and the internet in general. Ignoring it allows it to stand.

That may all very well be true @roamer_1, but it still seems a bit backward to me to allow someone to bring a bag of cow dung into my house just so I can clean it up!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Sorry @txradioguy but I vehemently disagree with you on this one!  We should not be in the business of spreading CNN propaganda!

You are right, @Bigun in that, why give em any clicks? They lie, they advocate for the left, they’re hostile to the president, they can barely hide their contempt, and they’re openly pursuing a vendetta to politically or personally damage him, anyone next to him, his family and his supporters! I’m surprised they can control their drooling during their endless discussions of Trump’s impeachable offenses.

But, I think it’s better their stuff is debunked on these pages, because I know it won’t be on others. Plus, I get a certain satisfaction out of seeing their narratives flayed and filleted.

Offline aligncare

...And by the way, no one does it better than Tucker Carlson. Genius!

Offline RoosGirl

Maybe we should just make a list of every website that no stories should be posted from.

Offline Wingnut

Maybe we should just make a list of every website that no stories should be posted from.

The 1st rule of TBR is not to list those sites

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Maybe we should require proof that members know how to structure a sentence.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

Not many articles here from Brietbart either /JS.   
    It's a slippery slope folks, whether it be The Hill or Politico, step back Briefers, this is not what Conservatives are known for.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

Not many articles here from Brietbart either /JS.   
    It's a slippery slope folks, whether it be The Hill or Politico, step back Briefers, this is not what Conservatives are known for.

If I could be talked into banning a "news" site it would Natural News... But the simple truth is we each need to be able to decide for ourselves what is "true" or "fake" and not hand that responsibility to someone else. Wading through crap comes with the territory.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If I could be talked into banning a "news" site it would Natural News... But the simple truth is we each need to be able to decide for ourselves what is "true" or "fake" and not hand that responsibility to someone else. Wading through crap comes with the territory.
It seems that everyone hs their pet site they don't like, but if we ban all of them, maybe we could sit around and discuss  crochetting technique or the weather.
Meh.

Drag them in here, and either debunk or confirm it.

As for any site, there are often either elements of truth, or occasionally, they bring things up that need to be dug into. Stopped clocks are still right twice a day,
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

Maybe we should require proof that members know how to structure a sentence.

Oooooh. That's gonna leave a mark. BURN!!!!!