Author Topic: Trump warns off critics of shutdown deal: 'Be careful Nancy!'  (Read 1106 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump warns off critics of shutdown deal: 'Be careful Nancy!'
« on: January 20, 2019, 03:06:58 pm »
Trump warns off critics of shutdown deal: 'Be careful Nancy!'
by Daniel Chaitin
 | January 20, 2019 09:03 AM

President Trump on Sunday took jabs at Democrats and sought to reassure allies who decried his deal to end the partial government shutdown.

In a Sunday morning tweet storm, the president repeatedly name-checked House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., who rejected his offer even before he pitched it in a televised address.

"Nancy Pelosi and some of the Democrats turned down my offer yesterday before I even got up to speak," Trump said in one tweet. "They don’t see crime & drugs, they only see 2020 - which they are not going to win. Best economy! They should do the right thing for the Country & allow people to go back to work."

The deal Trump pitched Saturday afternoon included extensions of protections for recipients of the Temporary Protected Status and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals programs in return for $5.7 billion for an additional barrier at the southern border.

Pelosi beat Trump to the punch, as details of his pitch came to light, putting out a statement saying his plan was a "non-starter." She said the plan was “a compilation of several previously rejected initiatives, each of which is unacceptable and in total, do not represent a good faith effort to restore certainty to people’s lives," particularly lamenting how the proposal does not achieve what Democrats have long sought for the "Dreamers," which is a pathway to citizenship or permanent legal status.

While Pelosi said the deal didn't go far enough, some of Trump's biggest supporters decried the president's attempt at compromise. For instance, conservative author and pundit Ann Coulter tweeted, "Trump proposes amnesty. We voted for Trump and got Jeb!"

Apparently aware of the criticism from the Right, Trump argued Sunday that "amnesty" had nothing to do with his offer.

"No, Amnesty is not a part of my offer," he said in another tweet. "It is a 3 year extension of DACA. Amnesty will be used only on a much bigger deal, whether on immigration or something else. Likewise there will be no big push to remove the 11,000,000 plus people who are here illegally-but be careful Nancy!"

Trump also took a shot at the speaker over her push to postpone the State of the Union address due to security concerns from a government shutdown. In what was widely viewed as a "tit-for-tat" maneuver, Trump then denied Pelosi and fellow Democrats a flight to Afghanistan, effectively canceling their trip.

"Nancy, I am still thinking about the State of the Union speech, there are so many options - including doing it as per your written offer (made during the Shutdown, security is no problem), and my written acceptance," Trump said. "While a contract is a contract, I’ll get back to you soon!"

Addressing the other extreme of the political spectrum, Trump claimed Pelosi is being unreasonable because she is "petrified" of her allies on the Left.

"Nancy Pelosi has behaved so irrationally & has gone so far to the left that she has now officially become a Radical Democrat," he said. "She is so petrified of the “lefties” in her party that she has lost control...And by the way, clean up the streets in San Francisco, they are disgusting!"

The partial government shutdown, which has left 800,000 federal workers without pay, is now in its 30th day. While there is some overlap in border security ideas in Trump's and the Democrats' funding solutions, Pelosi and her allies refuse to consider the president's demand for billions of dollars for a border wall until the government is reopened.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-warns-off-critics-of-shutdown-deal-be-careful-nancy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump warns off critics of shutdown deal: 'Be careful Nancy!'
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 03:11:21 pm »
Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

No, Amnesty is not a part of my offer. It is a 3 year extension of DACA. Amnesty will be used only on a much bigger deal, whether on immigration or something else. Likewise there will be no big push to remove the 11,000,000 plus people who are here illegally-but be careful Nancy!

5:23 AM - 20 Jan 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1086977510225727488

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 03:13:40 pm »
Donald J. Trump

Nancy Pelosi and some of the Democrats turned down my offer yesterday before I even got up to speak. They don’t see crime & drugs, they only see 2020 - which they are not going to win. Best economy! They should do the right thing for the Country & allow people to go back to work.

5:11 AM - 20 Jan 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1086974590310645760

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 03:16:46 pm »
Donald J. Trump

Nancy, I am still thinking about the State of the Union speech, there are so many options - including doing it as per your written offer (made during the Shutdown, security is no problem), and my written acceptance. While a contract is a contract, I’ll get back to you soon!

5:51 AM - 20 Jan 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1086984547856732161

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 03:40:08 pm »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

No, Amnesty is not a part of my offer. It is a 3 year extension of DACA. Amnesty will be used only on a much bigger deal, whether on immigration or something else. Likewise there will be no big push to remove the 11,000,000 plus people who are here illegally-but be careful Nancy!
7:23 AM · Jan 20, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

You cannot possibly be buoyed by this. He's indicating he's open to amnesty, under a larger deal. It's the exact thing Coulter and people here are worried he'll do.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 04:24:53 pm »

You cannot possibly be buoyed by this. He's indicating he's open to amnesty, under a larger deal. It's the exact thing Coulter and people here are worried he'll do.

Buoyed?  No.  But am I accepting that neither the judiciary nor the court of public opinion will permit DACA "protectees" living years in this country to be summarily rounded up and marched across the border, or live the rest of their lives as a perpetual second class in America?  Yes.   

This is not the time for an offer of citizenship, which is why the President has not proposed it.

It will be put on the table when we can get something for it beyond the wall ... like ending chain migration, birthright citizenship and lottery immigration. 

No one ever said cleaning up a forty year mess would be easy.  This is an effort for neither the faint-hearted or the obstinate.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 04:44:13 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline edpc

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 04:34:35 pm »
Buoyed?  No.  But am I accepting that neither the judiciary nor the court of public opinion will permit DACA "protectees" living years in this country to be summarily rounded up and marched across the border, or live the rest of their lives as a perpetual second class in America?  Yes.   

This is not the time for an offer of citizenship, which is why the President has not proposed it.

It will be put on the table when we can get something for it beyond the wall ... like ending chain migration, birthright citizenship and lottery immigration. 

No one ever said cleaning up a forty year mess would be easy.

The child born here to a mother who dragged herself across the border is not at fault for the actions of the parent. If we're going to argue against birthright citizenship, children who are actually foreign born should have zero legal standing.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 04:35:18 pm by edpc »

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 04:43:50 pm »

The child born here to a mother who dragged herself across the border is not at fault for the actions of the parent.

Apples and oranges @edpc   

Let the mother take her newborn and stand in line at a port of entry.  If accepted into this country, let the citizenship process begin for both.

Let's end the infant's automatic citizenship and legal right to drag mom over the border (and dad, and brother and sister and aunt and uncle and cousins and grandparents).

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 05:04:12 pm »
Apples and oranges @edpc   

Let the mother take her newborn and stand in line at a port of entry.  If accepted into this country, let the citizenship process begin for both.

Let's end the infant's automatic citizenship and legal right to drag mom over the border (and dad, and brother and sister and aunt and uncle and cousins and grandparents).

That’s as apples and oranges as it gets. Neither the child brought here or born here to illegal parents are US citizens. The SCOTUS decision on Ark made the distinction his parents, while foreign born and not US citizens, were long established resident aliens.

Since you brought chain migration up, what would, in your opinion, constitute eligibility for relatives being allowed to obtain citizenship by their sponsor?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 05:09:45 pm »
Likewise there will be no big push to remove the 11,000,000 plus people who are here illegally

**nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 05:37:00 pm »

No one ever said cleaning up a forty year mess would be easy.  This is an effort for neither the faint-hearted or the obstinate.

Good post @Right_in_Virginia and you've explained the situation pretty well.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 07:15:37 pm »

"Amnesty will be used on a much bigger deal"!!!  :thud:  That's my point!!!!  NO AMNESTY!!!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline edpc

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 08:00:31 pm »

Strange, because just recently, you said a wall in exchange for a DACA deal was part of a ‘liberal agenda.’

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,347875.msg1891140.html#msg1891140

Is that was you and Trump are submitting to, now? What’s happened to the street fighter?

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2019, 11:04:20 pm »
Good post @Right_in_Virginia and you've explained the situation pretty well.

Thanks @Emjay