Author Topic: Dem lawmaker to introduce articles of impeachment against Trump on first day of new Congress  (Read 759 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Dem lawmaker to introduce articles of impeachment against Trump on first day of new Congress
MSN, Jan 3, 2019, The Hill

Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.) intends to introduce articles of impeachment against President Trump on Thursday as the new session of Congress convenes.

The Los Angeles Times reported that Sherman's measure will accuse Trump of obstruction of justice in the firing of former FBI Director James Comey, among other things.

"There is no reason it shouldn't be before the Congress," Sherman told the news outlet. "Every day, Donald Trump shows that leaving the White House would be good for our country."

Sherman said he doesn't believe that introducing the resolution in the new Congress will cause any issues for his Democratic colleagues, despite party leadership giving indications that they'd prefer to focus on legislating and oversight.

Every member of the House will have to address (the issue) whether there are formal articles of impeachment pending," Sherman told The Times.

The California Democrat previously filed articles of impeachment on similar grounds in July 2017 and was among the nearly 60 Democrats who voted in favor of launching impeachment proceedings in December 2017. The measure overwhelmingly failed.

Democrats will retake the House majority on Thursday, giving the party a greater ability to bring impeachment measures to the floor.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dem-lawmaker-to-introduce-articles-of-impeachment-against-trump-on-first-day-of-new-congress/ar-BBRL82X?ocid=ientp

Online Right_in_Virginia

Look how this side fights.  No gloves, no honor, no truth.

But the pajama boys and girls on our side get the vapors over tweets.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Good. Let's get on with it. The sooner the better.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I think this has been expected.  Will McConnell turn tail and run? Mitt will probably vote for impeachment, and I'm not so sure about the other newcomers.

Consider that Nancy is now stating that a sitting president can be indicted and they are now waiting for the reports from the Mueller investigation, I'd say his battle is just beginning.  Instead of letting this President do his job they are going to keep him ridiculously busy in court and tie his hands.

I wish he had better counsel ... somehow Giuliani doesn't exactly seem like he has Trump's best interests; after all someone had posted in here that it was Giuliani who advised Trump to select Rosenstein!  **nononono*
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

But the pajama boys and girls on our side get the vapors over tweets.

It's weird.  So many people cannot see the real enemy past their petty little Trump grievances.

Personally, I am terrified of democrats getting any power.

And there are zero grounds to impeach Trump.  "I don't like him" doesn't count.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Making a bunch of noise about something that will go nowhere is hardly ‘fighting.’ Brad Sherman can say whatever he wants, but right now, the articles and his caterwauling won’t be taken seriously by his party’s leadership. He’s basically the left’s version of Gym Jordan.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well that didn't take long.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Rep. Brad Sherman (D-C - Calif.) intends to introduce articles of impeachment against President Trump on Thursday as the new session of Congress convenes."

Sorry...

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
"Rep. Brad Sherman (D-C - Calif.) intends to introduce articles of impeachment against President Trump on Thursday as the new session of Congress convenes."

Sorry...

Oh Yeah!

You're in Fine Form Tonight @Fishrrman
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 02:37:54 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com