Author Topic: ‘Avangard,’ Russia’s hypersonic nuclear-capable missile system, to evade U.S. defenses, Putin boasts  (Read 546 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
‘Avangard,’ Russia’s hypersonic nuclear-capable missile system, to evade U.S. defenses, Putin boasts
Ben Wolfgang

Russian President Vladimir Putin announced the impending deployment Wednesday of a new hypersonic nuclear-capable missile system that he claims will evade American defenses worldwide, dramatically upping the ante of a growing high-tech arms race with Washington.

Moscow has worked for years on the system known as “Avangard,” which is capable of striking targets thousands of miles away, and Mr. Putin boasted that the Russian military has now successfully tested the system with missiles that fly at 20 times the speed of sound — about a mile per second — to render all current missile defense systems obsolete.

The stunning assertion coincides a moment of increased military tension between the U.S. and Russia, as Moscow continues to test the Western resolve with brazen acts of aggression. Analysts say Mr. Putin’s public flaunting of Avangard’s hypersonic capabilities underscored his desire to position Russia as a leader on the global military stage on par with the U.S. and China.

Read more at:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/26/avangard-russias-hypersonic-nuclear-capable-missil/

We're firing all of these people who are probably best to confront the Russians like Mattis and Kelly while at the same time, Bolton and Pompeo are good men, I don't doubt that but they may be nothing but "yes men" at this point.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
The stunning assertion coincides a moment of increased military tension between the U.S. and Russia, as Moscow continues to test the Western resolve with brazen acts of aggression. Analysts say Mr. Putin’s public flaunting of Avangard’s hypersonic capabilities underscored his desire to position Russia as a leader on the global military stage on par with the U.S. and China.

Did I miss the president's response? He had plenty to say about Rocketman's "public flaunting."
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021