Author Topic: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg released from hospital, recuperating at home  (Read 709 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Gee, I was lead to belief she was already back at work and training for a 26K marathon!

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was released from the hospital on Tuesday and is recovering at home.

The 85-year-old justice spent five days at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York after a procedure Friday to remove a cancerous growth from her left lung.

The court said that after the surgery no further treatment was planned, and that there was no evidence of remaining disease.

The Christmas Day discharge came the same day that a movie chronicling the justice’s early legal career, “On the Basis of Sex,” was released to the public.

The procedure removed two malignant nodules that were discovered incidentally during tests Ginsburg received while being treated for rib fractures sustained in a fall last month. Ginsburg said earlier this month that she has almost fully recovered from the rib injury.

Ginsburg’s health has been a matter of intense public concern. The former ACLU litigator is the oldest justice on the bench and the senior member of the court’s liberal wing. Her retirement would likely enable President Donald Trump to name her successor, further cementing a conservative majority on the nine-member court.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/26/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-released-from-hospital-recuperating-at-home.html

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg released from hospital, recuperating at home
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 03:55:31 pm »
This is her third bout with cancer. What are the odds that none of them has metastasized? The statement is meaningless. It didn't say the nodules were primary. No evidence of remaining disease- did they look? No further treatment-maybe there is nothing to do. I don't think she has much time left, and I don't think she'll do the right thing and retire.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 05:48:33 pm »
This is her third bout with cancer. What are the odds that none of them has metastasized? The statement is meaningless. It didn't say the nodules were primary. No evidence of remaining disease- did they look? No further treatment-maybe there is nothing to do. I don't think she has much time left, and I don't think she'll do the right thing and retire.

The tumors removed from her lung were already metastasized.  It's likely settled into her bones already.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 05:53:55 pm »
Spending the week-end with Jimmy Carter building a Habitat for Humanity home after running
a half marathon.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 07:14:25 pm »
"Notorious" RBG  was "cloned".  The Cancer surgery was just a ruse. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 07:20:57 pm »
"Notorious" RBG  was "cloned".  The Cancer surgery was just a ruse.

Cloned? CLONED???

How many did they make?

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 10:08:30 pm »
The tumors removed from her lung were already metastasized.  It's likely settled into her bones already.

I agree. She is probably riddled with cancer, but she won't retire.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 12:29:09 am »
I agree. She is probably riddled with cancer, but she won't retire.

I would bet she hangs in there until 2020 and the Pubs will not have the courage to confirm a serious constitutionalist in an election year.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 12:36:57 am »
She is retiring next month - January, 2019

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 12:53:37 am »
Latest photo of RBG being issued by the American Pravda News

« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 12:54:10 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 01:01:59 am »

Rumours of my eventual demise are premature.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 01:07:02 am »
Latest photo of RBG being issued by the American Pravda News

OMG!!!

They cloned her and came up with both a Congresscritter AND A SCOTUS judge. Their insanity has hit a new high low.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online corbe

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2018, 01:12:08 am »
   I am strangely attracted to AOC in a sexual way, man I miss my bat $hit crazy girlfriend.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2018, 01:37:12 am »
   I am strangely attracted to AOC in a sexual way, man I miss my bat $hit crazy girlfriend.

Yea, I can see that. She looks like she would be fun in the sack, muy picante. Until you try to break up with her. Then you will come home to find a rabbit boiling on your stove. And your 'new' girlfriend would be stalked, and would get a cup of coffee dumped on her at Starbucks.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.