Author Topic: Trump’s Christmas message to Democrats: Government shutdown will last ‘until we have a wall’  (Read 727 times)

rangerrebew

Trump’s Christmas message to Democrats: Government shutdown will last ‘until we have a wall’

By Greg Norman

Published December 25, 2018
Fox News

President Trump has a Christmas message for Democrats – the government is going to remain partially shut down “until we have a wall [or] fence.”

Trump, speaking to reporters Tuesday in the Oval Office during the fourth day of the impasse, also revealed that he will be going to the border in Texas for a “groundbreaking” ceremony for a portion of the project at the end of January.

“While we’re fighting over funding, we’re also building, and it’s my hope to have this done, completed, all 500 to 550 miles, to have it either renovated or brand new by Election Day,” he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-christmas-message-to-democrats-government-shutdown-will-last-until-we-have-a-wall

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Let the gubmint remain "shut down" from now 'til ... whenever.

The essential stuff will get done.

I couldn't care less if the Smithsonian is closed or if Yosemite is closed.
Ain't gonna be visitin' them again, anyway...

Offline corbe

Knowing this may be too little, too late.

G~D Bless Donald J. Trump.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

“While we’re fighting over funding, we’re also building, and it’s my hope to have this done, completed, all 500 to 550 miles, to have it either renovated or brand new by Election Day,” he said.

RENOVATED? Renovated would be new wooden posts and 3 strands of barb wire... You go, Tumpy.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
RENOVATED? Renovated would be new wooden posts and 3 strands of barb wire... You go, Tumpy.
.The man is standing on principle and you belittle it.  What a phony you are.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline roamer_1

If it were principle you would be right.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I couldn't guarantee that Trump knows what principle is.  He was ready to cave until he realized the love Trump thing wasn't happening.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Trump ought to play the democrat-communists like a loan shark.
That is...

Issue a statement to wit:
- settle in 2 weeks and the cost will be $5 billion.
- after that, the "price of settling" will go up $1 billion each successive week.
- no settlement = no government, and I'll work to do everything I can within my powers to prevent government employees from being paid.