Author Topic: Dan Ryan family ‘shocked’ by Bill Daley proposal to rename expressway for Obama  (Read 488 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Good Grief.  How stupid is this?  Rats always have to spread Obummers stink on everything.

ByMitchell Armentrout @mitchtrout | email
For decades, two families worked hand-in-hand as the top political powerhouses in Chicago.

The Daley name is still synonymous with Chicago politics.

And while the name Dan Ryan might remind more Chicagoans of their daily commute than their political history, the former Cook County board president teamed with former Mayor Richard J. Daley for years to pave the way for the expressway that became his namesake.

So it came as a “shock and disappointment” to Daniel B. Ryan III on Friday when Bill Daley — the son of Chicago’s legendary boss — proposed removing his grandfather’s name from the highway after 56 years and renaming it in honor of former President Barack Obama.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/dan-ryan-family-rename-expressway-barack-obama-bill-daley-cook-county-board/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
LOL!  Tough noogies, Chicagoans.  You brought us Obastard, so you can freakin live with the name.  You own this. :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
LOL!  Tough noogies, Chicagoans.  You brought us Obastard, so you can freakin live with the name.  You own this. :laugh:

I always figured they would change the name of "O'hare International Airport" to Obama International in honor of our 1st internationally born President.

Offline Frank Cannon

The sewage treatment plant is short a name. The Obama Shitorium has a nice ring to it.

Offline Wingnut

The sewage treatment plant is short a name. The Obama Shitorium has a nice ring to it.

Yes it does. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Yes it does. 

Knowing Chitgago the buildings are just there for show and the sewage goes right into Lake Michigan.