Author Topic: Graham Demands Congressional Hearings on Syria Troop Withdrawal  (Read 4336 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Graham Demands Congressional Hearings on Syria Troop Withdrawal
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2018, 09:30:33 pm »
I'm convinced that Pres. Trump was going to find the $$$ for border security by bringing our people back from Syria.

The only reason we're there in the first place is because of the bullshit nonsense that Assad gassed his own people.  ISIS gassed them and everybody who isn't an Obama person knows it.

And WTF cares about Mattis resigning?   Is he supposed to be the ONLY qualified person to run Defense Secretary?

It's the President's cabinet.   Not Lindsey's.

There's what, ~2,200 of our troops in Syria?  Not nearly enough for a wall.

And, it's OUR government, not Trump's and not Graham's.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 09:31:48 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2018, 09:32:31 pm »
There's what, ~2,200 of our troops in Syria?  Not nearly enough for a wall.

Oh yeah? How much money are we dumping in there in materials, bribes and CIA walking around money to destabilize that region?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2018, 09:34:29 pm »
Oh yeah? How much money are we dumping in there in materials, bribes and CIA walking around money to destabilize that region?

I don't know, Frank, how much?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2018, 09:35:17 pm »
Cute. Now you're equating Trump's geo political acumen with Obama's curl up in a fetal ball and whimper prowess?

The Worst Putin will try to hold over us is a Diminished ISIS as a figurehead bogeyman.

He's got more than enough of these jihad loonies elsewhere to deal with.

He is NOT in league with them.

Russia tried running Afghanistan. They pulled out.

We tried it. We're pulling out.

If he can't handle them, he will broker a face saving co-operation deal with us to keep us from having a mid air mistake with one of his pilots or ours pushing the shoot switch on the other.

Let him run Syria. If he can't, he'll ask us.

Win/Win.

But our wiping out 200 or 2000 more Russian contractors on the ground is Not in our best interest.

@To-Whose-Benefit? Not trying to be cute at all.  Just asking a legitimate question.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2018, 09:41:39 pm »
“Geo-political acumen” and Trumpie Bear.  Now there’s a study in contrasts.

I see you're not interested in reminding us of our Morons in Congress who tried to buy off the "Moderate Rebels" there a couple years ago with money and weapons, and who immediately sold or gave our IDIOT Congressional write a check on the US taxpayers pockets, Gifts Away to the ISIS types, . . . . . to show how much They cared.

It's Vlad's headache. Let him have it.

IF, we belong in there for Any reason, we certainly Don't belong in there at loggerheads with the Russians.

They have the firepower and the men.

A protracted war first with ISIS and then a follow up with Russia to kick them out?

WHAT DO WE WIN?

WHAT?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Oceander

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2018, 09:45:05 pm »
I see you're not interested in reminding us of our Morons in Congress who tried to buy off the "Moderate Rebels" there a couple years ago with money and weapons, and who immediately sold or gave our IDIOT Congressional write a check on the US taxpayers pockets, Gifts Away to the ISIS types, . . . . . to show how much They cared.

It's Vlad's headache. Let him have it.

IF, we belong in there for Any reason, we certainly Don't belong in there at loggerheads with the Russians.

They have the firepower and the men.

A protracted war first with ISIS and then a follow up with Russia to kick them out?

WHAT DO WE WIN?

WHAT?

Stop playing with straw men.  At best, Trumpie Bear is merely the stopper clock that gets the time right twice a day by sheer happenstance.  He has little to no geopolitical acumen to speak of. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2018, 09:45:17 pm »
...and another resignation...

Brett McGurk, US envoy to anti-ISIS coalition, resigns in wake of Trump decision to pull troops from Syria

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/brett-mcgurk-us-envoy-to-anti-isis-coalition-resigns-in-wake-of-trump-decision-to-withdraw-from-syria
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2018, 09:48:55 pm »
We're talking HOW many $Billions, perhaps $Trillions to put another flunkie on the golden throne in Syria?

How many More decades of flag draped coffins and destroyed American families?

For Freakin WHAT?

We can't even wrench a lousy $5 Billion out of our own idiot Congress to protect our own borders and Citizens.

Why in the hell would we want to piss away Another possible Trillion to run a half assed police action war in a dump like Syria just so we could fly the Stars and Stripes over a few buildings there with combat Marines having to remain at Code Red out front 24/7 until we Finally give up and pull back out again?

WHAT is in it for America?

Jack Squat Nothing.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2018, 09:51:41 pm »
Stop playing with straw men.  At best, Trumpie Bear is merely the stopper clock that gets the time right twice a day by sheer happenstance.  He has little to no geopolitical acumen to speak of.

"Trumpie Bear."

Do I need to go saying things that'll get me a few months time out here, to get my point across?

"He has little to no geopolitical acumen to speak of. "

Take that up with the buffoons running China.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 09:53:08 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2018, 10:22:44 pm »

"Trumpie Bear."

Do I need to go saying things that'll get me a few months time out here, to get my point across?

That's what they're hoping for, @To-Whose-Benefit?   There only intent here is to get us pissed off.

....as if "trumpie bear" is going to achieve that.

The hard truth is that Obama had every intention of doing to Syria, what he failed to do in Egypt and succeeded in doing in Libya.

Gassing Syrians was nothing but a Golf of Tonkin set up. 

The only mistake and it was a bad one, was the manner in which Pres. Trump broke the news.  He could have had a sit-down with the Kurd hierarchy.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2018, 10:26:10 pm »
That's what they're hoping for, @To-Whose-Benefit?   There only intent here is to get us pissed off.

....as if "trumpie bear" is going to achieve that.

The hard truth is that Obama had every intention of doing to Syria, what he failed to do in Egypt and succeeded in doing in Libya.

Gassing Syrians was nothing but a Golf of Tonkin set up. 

The only mistake and it was a bad one, was the manner in which Pres. Trump broke the news.  He could have had a sit-down with the Kurd hierarchy.

"They"? 

@Oceander is the only one I see using that term.  Unless he's gone trans on us, he is a he, not a they.

Oceander

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2018, 10:37:24 pm »

"Trumpie Bear."

"He has little to no geopolitical acumen to speak of. "

Take that up with the buffoons running China.

Go right ahead, cowpoke.  It’ll be fun to watch.

Offline corbe

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2018, 10:40:52 pm »
   @To-Whose-Benefit? me and you have been here long enough that we only get a 1~3 day time out depending on the absurdity of our posts (or our drunkenness, in my case).
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2018, 10:44:26 pm »

Oceander

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2018, 10:50:11 pm »
My fault for the misspelling.  It should be Trumpy Bear:  https://www.gettrumpybear.com

Offline Applewood

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2018, 11:04:40 pm »
Well, I guess the honeymoon between Trump and his supporters and Lindsey Graham is now over. 

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2018, 11:27:36 pm »
Go right ahead, cowpoke.  It’ll be fun to watch.

Sorry, getting down in the barnyard compost and wrestling with such an elevated pearls before swine mind really isn't high on my list.

Especially one who can't do better than a Trumpy Bear.

Where Do you get all those devastating Bon Mots?

They come in a 12 pack at the stationary store for $1.99?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2018, 11:29:20 pm »
"They"? 

@Oceander is the only one I see using that term.  Unless he's gone trans on us, he is a he, not a they.

Yeah. You're right. INVAR's been MIA for a while.

I Do hope the poor lad hasn't done himself an injury.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2018, 11:33:45 pm »
ATTENTION Lady Lindsey!

Sit down and STFU.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2018, 11:35:24 pm »
If Syria really becomes a problem the IDF will be up, off and fly swatting them back down, and be home in time for Cornflakes almost before we even knew they took off.

And so far, None of the inveterate Trump haters have answered the question, yet, of:

What's in it for us?

What in the hell is going to go to war in Syria going to Get us?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2018, 11:36:39 pm »
ATTENTION Lady Lindsey!

Sit down and STFU.

Glad to see you up and about Pete.

@sneakypete

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2018, 11:37:09 pm »
Two things @DCPatriot:

1)  As an elected official of the U.S. Senate and a member of the Senate Arms Committee, he is doing his job. I'm glad to see he's not giving the president a free pass on this.  Too bad we can't get more members of Congress to do their darn jobs.

2)  Mattis is resigning over Trump's decision.  He is a U.S. Marine Corps 4 star general.  I think it's alarming and quite narcissistic for Trump not to listen to his military advisor.  What actual experience does Trump have in assessing this situation first hand??

@libertybele

Lady Lindsey was/is a USAF Lawyer,and knows nothing about war. Having said that,Mattis doesn't know much more than Lady Lindsey.

I suspect they BOTH know a LOT about kickbacks under the table,though.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2018, 11:40:22 pm »
Trump is working on his own without any military advise.  He is working on his very own opinions and frankly maybe relationship with Russia.

@Chosen Daughter

Good for him! Show me a General who will stand up in public and veto a war or occupation of a foreign land.

The decision to go to war and to end war are decisions made by our CIVILIAN political leadership,not our military.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2018, 11:43:36 pm »
Syria is a Putin Satrapy.

Neither Putin nor Assad want ISIS setting up shop there.

The Longer we get stuck there the more US/Russian forces clashes we're going to have.

What For? How much GD Shit do we need to stir up, for a photo op to grand stand before the rest of this Feckless world demonstrating we "Care"?

How many American lives is the Shithole of a country Worth?

Not One.

Let Vlad and Bashar clean them out.

Syria is NOT worth a major conflict between the US and the Russians, and that's exactly what pushing our weight around in Syria will get us.

Screw that dump.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

:amen: 888high58888 :amen: 888high58888 :amen: 888high58888

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2018, 11:46:00 pm »
------------------------------------
Mattis was an adviser w/a very ordinary military record and an employee
of the Pentagon, who will never remind anyone of Julius Caesar!
Nor is he a candidate for canonization.
Several need to try getting real.

@Absalom

Mattis doesn't have the combat experience or knowledge of a USMC buck sergeant who served one tour in VN with the grunts. He is,and always has been a politician in uniform.