Author Topic: Federal workers reap 40 percent better compensation, 43 days off, 18 percent retirement match  (Read 692 times)

Offline corbe

Federal workers reap 40 percent better compensation, 43 days off, 18 percent retirement match

by Paul Bedard

December 17, 2018 09:57 AM

The federal government has become one of the best places to work, paying more in salary and benefits than the private sector, offering up to 43 days off, funding a high retirement match, and providing a healthcare system that gives workers some 300 plan choices, according to a new analysis.

But instead of bragging about the situation, a new Heritage Foundation report is joining with the Trump administration in calling for major reforms to reduce the annual $276 billion price tag for 2 million workers.

“The current system is long overdue for a thoroughgoing makeover,” said the report written by Reagan-era personnel director Donald J. Devine. 

His analysis supports efforts in the administration to modernize the federal workforce, provide more automation for easy jobs, refocus on IT, and make it easier to replace – or fire – a poorly performing employee. That effort is a key goal of Budget Director Mick Mulvaney, now slated to become President Trump's chief of staff.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/report-federal-workers-reap-40-better-compensation-43-days-off-18-retirement-match
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And there are at least 33% too many of them!  More likely 50%!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah, but on the plus side they are never there because of all the vacation days to cause trouble.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FTA

“The modern merit system has made it impossible to fire all but the most incompetent civil servants. Complying with arcane rules regarding recruiting, rating, hiring, and firing has replaced the goal of cultivating competence and expertise.”

Despite the benefits of working for Uncle Sam, a federal-wide employee survey found that some 40 percent are not satisfied with their compensation, and that morale is low.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

At least 95% in my opinion. Most of their paper shuffling is for programs that are unconstitutional. I worked for the feds very briefly in that late 70s. I was never trained and to this day I have no idea what my job duties were supposed to be. I did get to go to a conference in Reno Nevada and watch my fellow employees leave for lunch at 10 and come back at three with their shopping bags from L'Enfant Plaza. They all had master's degrees and PhDs and couldn't speak standard English. I was too embarrassed to continue taking this hidden welfare and left after a couple of months. I cannot imagine how much worse it is now.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Makes me feel SO good to know that all those decades of extortionate taxes, privation, and being Ripped Off and Abused by these Mooks actually worked out For The Best, for the Mooks, in the end, . . . . and that many of them are ungrateful because they Still didn't screw us hard enough.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Makes me feel SO good to know that all those decades of extortionate taxes, privation, and being Ripped Off and Abused by these Mooks actually worked out For The Best, for the Mooks, in the end, . . . . and that many of them are ungrateful because they Still didn't screw us hard enough.

Yeah!  Ain't it wonderful?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien