Author Topic: The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters  (Read 34942 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: The Biggest Losers of Trump’s Presidency: His Voters
« Reply #400 on: December 19, 2018, 12:05:58 am »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #401 on: December 19, 2018, 12:09:01 am »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #402 on: December 19, 2018, 12:10:09 am »
Can we call this thread?   

The dumpster fire is here!    8888mistltoe
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #403 on: December 19, 2018, 12:19:21 am »
Yeah, Trump is no Reagan, Trump did not sign abortion into legislation in California, engage in amnesty,  have to replace the leadership in the El Salvador army with American military because the armies were so brutal to their own people.   Didn't witness the rise of ISIS as Obama did, the rise of persecution of Christians in 2003 in a land those people have been in for 2000 years.  Trump really falls short of these presidents alright.  He did help end the Korean war, small potatoes I suppose.

Populism, let's see, Bolsonaro in Brazil, Macri in Argnetina, Salvatinni in Italy, BREXIT in England... doesn't sound like the opposite of Conservatism to me. That is why, when we see the general media is calling Trump conservative versus other naysayers.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #404 on: December 19, 2018, 12:19:49 am »
Can we call this thread?   

The dumpster fire is here!    8888mistltoe

Online corbe

« Reply #405 on: December 19, 2018, 12:20:09 am »
    OPEN THREAD TUESDAY!!!!!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #406 on: December 19, 2018, 12:21:55 am »
LOL!

Somehow the Internet is less free than when the 3 major networks and major papers owned the news and filtered all of it before we saw it... That's the ticket...

Face palm makes perfect sense with that claim... Just this site discussing this issue proves the falsehood of that claim. But never mind...

Just out of curiosity, did you vote for Reagan?

Because your thinking is 1980's. Times have grown more sophisticated.
The Republic is lost.

Online DB

« Reply #407 on: December 19, 2018, 12:22:50 am »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #408 on: December 19, 2018, 12:25:02 am »
Dated...but still funny....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #409 on: December 19, 2018, 12:26:35 am »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #410 on: December 19, 2018, 12:26:35 am »
THAT is why you are Ambassador!

Oh, good, because I had wondered.

Online DB

« Reply #411 on: December 19, 2018, 12:27:20 am »
Because your thinking is 1980's. Times have grown more sophisticated.

Again did you vote for Reagan?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #412 on: December 19, 2018, 12:28:31 am »

Online corbe

« Reply #413 on: December 19, 2018, 12:30:31 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #414 on: December 19, 2018, 12:32:11 am »
Oh, good, because I had wondered.
I have no idea what is happening here.  But that might be a good thing. 

Carry on.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #415 on: December 19, 2018, 12:36:07 am »
I have no idea what is happening here. 

Here's the long and the short of it.....

Online corbe

« Reply #416 on: December 19, 2018, 12:36:59 am »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #417 on: December 19, 2018, 12:38:24 am »
Ambassador Frank has let his 'title' go to his head.   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #418 on: December 19, 2018, 12:38:35 am »
Post #1, the OP had the article from "The American Conservative", here is another article from "The American Conservative":

How the Iraq War Became a War on Christians

And why supporting Syria's rebels may extinguish Christianity in its oldest environs.
By Andrew Doran • May 9, 2013

The recent dedication of George W. Bush’s presidential library in Texas briefly rekindled debate about the defining event of his presidency, the Iraq War. The visceral hatred of many for the war and the man having substantially diminished, a more sober assessment of both seemed to prevail in the coverage. In the same news cycle there appeared a seemingly unrelated event, the abduction of two Orthodox bishops in Syria. In fact, the conflict in Syria and the American invasion of Iraq are linked by a common thread:  the failure of the U.S. to consider the effect of its foreign policy on vulnerable religious communities, especially Middle Eastern Christians.

In March 2003, on the eve of war in Iraq, Pope John Paul II dispatched Cardinal Pio Laghi, a senior Vatican diplomat, to Washington to make a final plea to Bush not to invade. Laghi, chosen for his close ties to the Bush family, outlined “clearly and forcefully” the Vatican’s fears of what would follow an invasion: protracted war, significant casualties, violence between ethnic and religious groups, regional destabilization, “and a new gulf between Christianity and Islam.” The warning was not heeded.

Two weeks after the Bush-Laghi meeting, on March 19, 2003, Operation Iraqi Freedom commenced. Shortly after combat operations concluded on May 1, the real conflict began. Amid the chaos and sectarian violence that followed, Iraq’s Christians suffered severe persecution. Neither the military nor the State Department took action to protect them. In October 2003, human rights expert Nina Shea noted that religious freedom and a pluralistic Iraq were not high priorities for the administration, concluding that its “diffidence on religious freedom suggests Washington’s relative indifference to this basic human right.” Shea added, “Washington’s refusal to insist on guarantees of religious freedom threatens to undermine its already difficult task of securing a fully democratic government in Iraq”—more prescience that would be likewise disregarded.

Read more at: https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/how-the-iraq-war-became-a-war-on-christians/

Trump didn't hang out Christians to dry, in fact, aid to Christians was just signed.

As they say, when you point towards others, you have 3 fingers pointing back at you.

Yup, populism isn't conservatism. I guess, if the persecution of Christians in the ME is that, you can be content.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #419 on: December 19, 2018, 12:41:27 am »
Ambassador Frank has let his 'title' go to his head.   :patriot:

I'm doing the jobs no one else will take......

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #420 on: December 19, 2018, 12:41:43 am »
"Populism is a range of political approaches that deliberately appeal to "the people," often juxtaposing this group against a so-called "elite." There is no single definition of the term, which developed in the 19th century and has been used to mean various things since that time. Wikipedia"

(google quick and dirty definition)

In plain old english, it's a bullshit term, meaning everything, and nothing.

Since it's rooted in popular/populace I'd like one of the Masters of the English Language here to tell me how a Populist can even be elected (to Try to subvert their lofty moralizings) without being Popular?

How does Anyone get elected without being a Populist?

Kinda like accusing one of your opponents girls of being a Thespian.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #421 on: December 19, 2018, 12:46:16 am »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #422 on: December 19, 2018, 12:50:56 am »
Remember when I said this was a good thread?

I changed my mind.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #423 on: December 19, 2018, 12:53:23 am »
@Amb. Frank Cannon
Hey Frank...how bout this?   How bout instead of being a dick and playing your childish picture games every time YOU decide a thread annoys you...how about you just stop clicking on the damn thread and go haunt a different one?

It’s at 16 pages because people want to talk and argue about it.   If you don’t, don’t click.   Stop being a libtard asshat and deciding that you should decide what everyone else needs to do. 
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #424 on: December 19, 2018, 12:54:35 am »
Remember when I said this was a good thread?

I changed my mind.

People have degenerated to arguing over a President from 35 years ago this thing is such a overflowing septic tank. It is garbage.