Author Topic: Trump sprang three traps on Pelosi and Schumer yesterday By Thomas Lifson  (Read 1484 times)

Offline bilo

Re: Trump sprang three traps on Pelosi and Schumer yesterday By Thomas Lifson
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2018, 12:46:39 am »
After multiple shutdowns, including the last one that bore the label "Schumer Shutdown" and was quickly conceded by the Democrats, the public is no longer afraid of non-essential services (roughly 25% of the government) being temporarily suspended.

This has always been true, but the Pubs always concede when they have a winning hand.

I not only want to see Trump follow through and win this battle, but also to sign the executive order he discussed before the election ending birthright citizenship. Lets have the fight in the courts and see how the SCOTUS rules on it. 

:patriot:
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2018, 01:18:53 am »
aligncare wrote:
"[Schumer's] got more important things on his mind, like pork and other goodies for New York to shore up his next election bid."

Is that gal "Occasional-Communist" gonna be old enough for the Senate when Schumer has to run again?

Watch her to go after his seat !!

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2018, 01:22:44 am »
I'd already known that about her for years...make that your operating assumption and it will never fail you.

Besides, I like you quite a lot too, so there's that, @Right_in_Virginia.  It always makes me squirm to see two of my friends fight.

I'm wid you on dat, Boss!  I always say (like Ambassador Cannon does) that there should be less fightin' and more laughin'.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2018, 01:29:19 am »
I'm wid you on dat, Boss!  I always say (like Ambassador Cannon does) that there should be less fightin' and more laughin'.

I like that idea.  A lot.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2018, 04:04:00 am »
I like that idea.  A lot.
Better be careful, next thing you know someone is gonna be yelling 'tickle fight'!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2018, 04:08:08 am »
Better be careful, next thing you know someone is gonna be yelling 'tickle fight'!

Awww!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2018, 04:21:17 am »
This has always been true, but the Pubs always concede when they have a winning hand.

You got that right.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2018, 04:48:45 am »
She is sometimes a bit vague in her meaning, but I think she meant well and no intention to insult.  Just sayin....

I agree ... just sayin ...
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.