Author Topic: President Trump Reminds Pelosi of Her Lack of Power During Border Wall Meeting  (Read 564 times)

rangerrebew

President Trump Reminds Pelosi of Her Lack of Power During Border Wall Meeting

By Jim E | December 11, 2018 2:42PM

During a contentious meeting in the Oval Office between President Trump and Democrat leaders Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi, Trump reminded the latter of her lack of power in the negotiation process.
Pelosi reminded of fleeting relevance

The President and the heads of the Democrat Party were negotiating over whether or not they could reach a deal on border wall funding. Trump is currently asking for at least $5 billion for a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. Chuck Schumer has agreed to a fraction of that cost. (RELATED: President Trump Warns of Illegal Immigration Dangers Ahead of Pelosi and Schumer Meeting.)

Nancy Pelosi was there because…oh wait…why was Pelosi there?

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/trump-pelosi-border/?utm_campaign=TPI_breaking_newsletter2_12_11_2018&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_medium=email&utm_content=4371d3fdbb69c3b8a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:45:05 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline libertybele

President Trump Reminds Pelosi of Her Lack of Power During Border Wall Meeting

By Jim E | December 11, 2018 2:42PM

During a contentious meeting in the Oval Office between President Trump and Democrat leaders Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi, Trump reminded the latter of her lack of power in the negotiation process.
Pelosi reminded of fleeting relevance

The President and the heads of the Democrat Party were negotiating over whether or not they could reach a deal on border wall funding. Trump is currently asking for at least $5 billion for a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. Chuck Schumer has agreed to a fraction of that cost. (RELATED: President Trump Warns of Illegal Immigration Dangers Ahead of Pelosi and Schumer Meeting.)

Nancy Pelosi was there because…oh wait…why was Pelosi there?

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/trump-pelosi-border/?utm_campaign=TPI_breaking_newsletter2_12_11_2018&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_medium=email&utm_content=4371d3fdbb69c3b8a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI

She was there because she will be the future Speaker of of the House in 3 weeks.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Schumer and his fraction can go pound sand.

GOP needs to make a public stink over all the diseases and crime these illegals want to bring in.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Right_in_Virginia

She was there because she will be the future Speaker of of the House in 3 weeks.

The President was meeting with the current leaders of the minority party.  Pelosi was there because she is the current minority leader in the house, as Schumer was there because he's the current minority leader in the senate @libertybele   

Offline Frank Cannon

Nope. This is about a deal now, not next month.

Offline libertybele

The President was meeting with the current leaders of the minority party.  Pelosi was there because she is the current minority leader in the house, as Schumer was there because he's the current minority leader in the senate @libertybele

Ya, I know that @Right_in_Virginia, I doubt that this is issue is going to conclude anytime soon and Trump will be dealing with her as the next Speaker as well in 3 weeks.

He can shut down the government but he's still going to have to tangle with Pelosi on this. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

He can shut down the government but he's still going to have to tangle with Pelosi on this.

Actually @libertybele I think Ms. Pelosi is going to have tangle with the President on this.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 03:46:35 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

GOP needs to make a public stink over all the diseases and crime these illegals want to bring in.

Many of the migrants are trying to come here to escape crime,  especially gang violence which is epidemic in several Central American countries.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Many of the migrants are trying to come here to escape crime,  especially gang violence which is epidemic in several Central American countries.   

Well, I'm an American Citizen. Where am I supposed to migrate to to escape organized Democrat Government Crime?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Nope. This is about a deal now, not next month.

Actually, it’s about 2 years of fecklessness and misplaced trust.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

Crime follows poverty. Poor people commit more crime for obvious reasons. If we let a bunch of poor people immigrate to the U.S crime will go up. We can't save everybody. There are a lot of people in the world that have it worse than these immigrants.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline libertybele

Actually @libertybele I think Ms. Pelosi is going to have tangle with the President on this.

Quite honestly, she surprised me on this. She is more lucid than I thought.  I read the reports of the back and forth ... she stood her ground.  She made a very, very valid point stating to him that he still has the House, the Senate and Oval office, and he should have the votes.  She is correct. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
She made a very, very valid point stating to him that he still has the House, the Senate and Oval office, and he should have the votes.  She is correct.

She is correct and as we have seen, Dems will pull any string and resort to the most esoteric legislative gymnastics to pass something when they have control of the WH and Congress. When given the opportunity to pass things important to them, Republicans punt. That’s why we’re still stuck with many parts of the ACA, such as minimum coverage, pre-existing conditions, and the Cadillac tax.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 10:59:37 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.