Author Topic: Rand Paul singles out McConnell on criminal justice bill, calls for public pressure on majority lea  (Read 366 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Have people heard about this Criminal Justice bill? I've seen a few stories on it. I don't really know what it's about except it's a bit of an issue. I don't think I've seen anything posted on this yet. If Rand Paul was speaking at the Urban League about this, this might mean this bill is lenient somewhat of the criminal justice system.

Rand Paul singles out McConnell on criminal justice bill, calls for public pressure on majority leader

Dartunorro Clark and Rebecca Shabad

Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul on Monday singled out Sen. Mitch McConnell as the one person who can make a vote on the criminal justice reform bill happen and called for public pressure on the majority leader.

Paul, speaking at the Louisville Urban League, said McConnell, the state's senior senator, is the one person who "has the power" to allow a vote on a criminal justice reform bill and said Louisville residents should call his office and say, "Please let us have this vote."

"I will tell you that we need the help of one person. The one person who had the power to allow this vote — and I'm not saying he's stopping it — but there is one person. He's from Louisville, he's fairly well known and he has the power to allow or disallow this vote," Paul said, referring to McConnell.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rand-paul-singles-out-mcconnell-on-criminal-justice-bill-calls-for-public-pressure-on-majority-leader/ar-BBQLK9k?OCID=ansmsnnews11