Author Topic: Santorum: Dems have a chance in 2020 if they pick someone ‘unexpected’  (Read 1175 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Santorum: Dems have a chance in 2020 if they pick someone ‘unexpected’
By Emily Birnbaum - 12/09/18 03:56 PM EST

Former GOP Sen. Rick Santorum (Pa.) on Sunday said he believes the Democratic Party could win in 2020 if they pick someone "unexpected" as their party's presidential nominee.

Santorum, asked if there were any potential Democratic candidates he was afraid of, pointed to previous presidential contests, saying all of the Democratic candidates who won were "not the favorite" at the time.

"When the Democrats win, they pick someone unexpected or someone who’s not the favorite," Santorum, a CNN analyst, said on CNN's "State of the Union."

"[Former Presidents] Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Jimmy Carter," he listed. "When they pick [failed Democratic presidential nominees] John Kerry or Al Gore or Hillary Clinton, they lose."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/420480-santorum-democrats-have-a-chance-in-2020-if-they-pick-someone-unexpected
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
My bet is Paddy or Castro.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

My bet is Paddy or Castro.

Absolutely freakin' posilutely!!  I lay you odds, it will be a Beto/Castro ticket. Trump/Cruz or a Trump/Haley may have half a chance...and that's provided that Trump runs for re-election.  Otherwise, IMHO the GOP is sunk.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Absolutely freakin' posilutely!!  I lay you odds, it will be a Beto/Castro ticket. Trump/Cruz or a Trump/Haley may have half a chance...and that's provided that Trump runs for re-election.  Otherwise, IMHO the GOP is sunk.

It's too early to be this resigned @libertybele   WAY too early.

Offline Frank Cannon

Stupid. The Rats and Hitlary have set up the rules for the nomination so that only top tier rich candidates will win. Obama was a fluke.

Offline libertybele

It's too early to be this resigned @libertybele   WAY too early.

Yes, you are right...we have to even see if Trump is running for sure.  My hunch is he either won't want to or he's not going to have the chance.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MajorClay

Santorum: that's a name I haven't seen in a while.

Offline the_doc

Stupid. The Rats and Hitlary have set up the rules for the nomination so that only top tier rich candidates will win. Obama was a fluke.

Fluke?  Can you not spell C-O-N-S-P-I-R-A-C-Y?

How about C-I-A?  (That's easier, I think--and probably just as correct.)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Santorum: that's a name I haven't seen in a while.

Maybe Sanscrotum wants to run.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:48:31 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Fluke?  Can you not spell C-O-N-S-P-I-R-A-C-Y?

How about C-I-A?  (That's easier, I think--and probably just as correct.)

I think it was early 2006 that I read an article about obama in Newsweek or a similar magazine. They were talking about how he was the rising star and probably the next dem prez pick. I remember asking myself, who is this guy? Never heard of him before then.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline the_doc

I think it was early 2006 that I read an article about obama in Newsweek or a similar magazine. They were talking about how he was the rising star and probably the next dem prez pick. I remember asking myself, who is this guy? Never heard of him before then.

Arpaio thinks the Hawaiian Long-Form Birth Certificate was forged by a forger in Brennan's CIA.  I haven't heard all of Arpaio's evidence.  He and Mike Zullo have gone into a pretty secretive mode for the past year.

We might see some buzz over this next year.  Heck, I hope so. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Arpaio thinks the Hawaiian Long-Form Birth Certificate was forged by a forger in Brennan's CIA.  I haven't heard all of Arpaio's evidence.  He and Mike Zullo have gone into a pretty secretive mode for the past year.

We might see some buzz over this next year.  Heck, I hope so.

I do too. Both him and the Clintons.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Fishrrman's off-the-wall prediction for the 2020 democrat-communist presidential nominee:

"Beto" O'Rourke.
Yup. They're that crazy.

His running mate:
Either that guy Gillum out of Florida, or perhaps Kamala Harris.
Will have to be either black or female -- or both.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Fishrrman's off-the-wall prediction for the 2020 democrat-communist presidential nominee:

"Beto" O'Rourke.
Yup. They're that crazy.

His running mate:
Either that guy Gillum out of Florida, or perhaps Kamala Harris.
Will have to be either black or female -- or both.

Kamala. If she isn't the front-runner.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Kamala. If she isn't the front-runner.

They have a real deep bench of semi-pro talent. Semi-pro is bush league no talent wannabees that were neverwasses.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I listened to Sebastian Gorka the other day, he said, Kamala had a weak spot in her background.  Just try searching for "Kamala Harris" and "scandal" and you might find it and this is before anything about this latest incident where this fellow left the KH staff.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

The Legend of Barack Obama
From out of nowhere, he’s become DC’s brightest star. Will his charisma and sense of destiny propel him to the White House in 2008?
Written by Garrett M. Graff | Published on November 1, 2006

https://www.washingtonian.com/2006/11/01/the-legend-of-barack-obama/

During his two years on the national stage, Obama has collected a lifetime’s worth of honors and accolades: Just months after winning the Democratic primary for the US Senate—and before he became only the third African-American since Reconstruction to serve in that body—he delivered the keynote address at the 2004 national convention. He won a Grammy for the audio version of his memoir, which spent a year on the New York Times bestseller list. He posed for photographer Annie Leibowitz for the cover of Men’s Vogue. He’s been on the cover of Newsweek. On Will & Grace, Grace said she dreamed she was in the shower with Obama and that he was “Ba-rocking my world.”