Author Topic: Wild theories and empty seats at CPAC-style conference for the MAGA set  (Read 1149 times)

Online corbe

Wild theories and empty seats at CPAC-style conference for the MAGA set

Talk of QAnon, George Soros and ‘retarded’ reporters at the American Priority Conference.

By BEN SCHRECKINGER
  | 12/07/2018 07:34 PM EST

At the first-ever Conservative Political Action Conference in 1974, California Gov. Ronald Reagan addressed a ragtag group of conservative insurgents by quoting John Stuart Mill and nobly declaring, “We are indeed, and we are today, the last best hope of man on earth.”

At the first-ever American Priority Conference on Friday morning, Anthony Scaramucci — who served a brief stint as the Trump White House’s communications director — addressed a married couple from Virginia, telling them that the author of the fantastical Internet conspiracy theory QAnon has “been dead accurate about so many things,” adding: “When you find out who he is, you’re not going to believe it.”

American Priority, which brings together an impressive roster of right-wing social media agitators and Trump world notables at a Washington, D.C., hotel, was envisioned as a Trumpist answer to CPAC. In reality, the three-day conference, which convened on Thursday, has been rife with conspiracy theorists, logistical snafus and empty seats.

It may also be the future of Republican politics.

<..snip..>

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/07/american-priority-conference-trump-1052214
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Wild theories and empty seats at CPAC-style conference for the MAGA set
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 09:51:14 pm »
Approached immediately afterward by POLITICO, Scaramucci said his comments were not referring to Q and instead referred to an earlier conversation he had had with the couple about who would succeed John Kelly as Trump’s chief of staff. Then Scaramucci said that his comments should be taken off the record and a conference organizer said the event was closed to the press.

:thud:
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 10:27:04 pm »
Got to love this account filtered through Politico's liberal lense, with everything nice and cherry picked.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 11:13:56 pm »
Got to love this account filtered through Politico's liberal lense, with everything nice and cherry picked.

Yeah - all they did was overhear Scaramucci pushing the Q nonsense, confront him, then confirm it with named source attendees at the event. Shame on them.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 11:47:13 pm »

Yeah - all they did was overhear Scaramucci pushing the Q nonsense, confront him, then confirm it with named source attendees at the event. Shame on them.

And promptly seized on it and made it their entire article, as if nothing else went on the whole time.

Do you fall this easily for this kind of thing. If so, I have ocean view property in Kansas I want to show you.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 12:04:35 am »
And promptly seized on it and made it their entire article, as if nothing else went on the whole time.

Do you fall this easily for this kind of thing. If so, I have ocean view property in Kansas I want to show you.

Out of about 30 paragraphs, they devoted about 5 1/2 to anything related to Qanon. It shouldn’t even be part of any serious discussion among people who consider themselves conservatives. It’s LARP wacko BS.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 12:12:26 am »

Out of about 30 paragraphs, they devoted about 5 1/2 to anything related to Qanon. It shouldn’t even be part of any serious discussion among people who consider themselves conservatives. It’s LARP wacko BS.

Is it? I see nothing but constant scheming from the other side.

The entire article is about the leftist 'alt-right' narrative and trying to make the whole thing fit into that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 12:18:02 am »
Is it? I see nothing but constant scheming from the other side.

The entire article is about the leftist 'alt-right' narrative and trying to make the whole thing fit into that.

Speakers included a ‘Twitter influencer,’ Scaramucci, and Loomer. Gee, I wonder why they’d be critical.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 01:27:23 am »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 01:55:52 pm »

Speakers included a ‘Twitter influencer,’ Scaramucci, and Loomer. Gee, I wonder why they’d be critical.

If you want to follow down Politico's rabbit hole, go ahead.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 04:13:00 pm »
If you want to follow down Politico's rabbit hole, go ahead.

Somehow, I don’t think it’s just me or Politico that has an issue with it. Otherwise, it would’ve been more heavily promoted and attended.

As an aside, the brunette in the white bikini, by the ocean was easily your best avatar.