Author Topic: 63% of Non-Citizen Households Access Welfare Programs  (Read 744 times)

rangerrebew

63% of Non-Citizen Households Access Welfare Programs
« on: December 03, 2018, 12:46:11 pm »
Compared to 35% of native households

By Steven A. Camarota and Karen Zeigler on December 2, 2018

New "public charge" rules issued by the Trump administration expand the list of programs that are considered welfare, receipt of which may prevent a prospective immigrant from receiving lawful permanent residence (a green card). Analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies of the Census Bureau's Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP) shows welfare use by households headed by non-citizens is very high. The desire to reduce these rates among future immigrants is the primary justification for the rule change. Immigrant advocacy groups are right to worry that the high welfare use of non-citizens may impact the ability of some to receive green cards, though the actual impacts of the rules are unclear because they do not include all the benefits non-citizens receive on behalf of their children and many welfare programs are not included in the new rules. As welfare participation varies dramatically by education level, significantly reducing future welfare use rates would require public charge rules that take into consideration education levels and resulting income and likely welfare use.

Of non-citizens in Census Bureau data, roughly half are in the country illegally. Non-citizens also include long-term temporary visitors (e.g. guestworkers and foreign students) and permanent residents who have not naturalized (green card holders). Despite the fact that there are barriers designed to prevent welfare use for all of these non-citizen populations, the data shows that, overall, non-citizen households access the welfare system at high rates, often receiving benefits on behalf of U.S.-born children.

https://cis.org/Report/63-NonCitizen-Households-Access-Welfare-Programs
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 12:46:48 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: 63% of Non-Citizen Households Access Welfare Programs
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 04:42:40 pm »

In a new analysis of the latest numbers, from 2014, 63 percent of non-citizens are using a welfare program, and it grows to 70 percent for those here 10 years or more, confirming another concern that once immigrants tap into welfare, they don’t get off it.

:shrug:

More:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/census-confirms-63-percent-of-non-citizens-on-welfare-4-6-million-households

« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 04:43:22 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 04:44:41 pm »

The other 37% of Non-Citizen housholds just go to the suburbs and steal the shit they want.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 05:01:58 pm »
Compared to 35% of native households

And believe me......   This is the first thing that crosses my mind every time I sign my 1040 form, and sign my check for estimated taxes.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 05:18:29 pm »
97 percent of experts say illegal immigration is great.

--UC Bezerkly students adopt a caravan.

--Smoking weed makes  AD better

--Global warming is going to kill us all

Brought to you daily, here at The Hub

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 05:57:41 pm »

The other 37% of Non-Citizen housholds just go to the suburbs and steal the shit they want.
I don't know about where you are, but here in California all you have to do is go the local Home Depot or Lowes to see all the illegals standing around every morning and afternoon eating their fast food meals and demanding a minimum $15 an hour off the books and know that they have their 'wives' and anchor babies at home scoring food, lodging and healthcare courtesy the taxpayer and then of course the cherry on top is when they file bogus tax returns and and that whopping refund for money they never paid in.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 07:22:00 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 07:32:25 pm »
I don't know about where you are, but here in California all you have to do is go the local Home Depot or Lowes to see all the illegals standing around every morning and afternoon eating their fast food meals and demanding a minimum $15 an hour off the books and know that they have their 'wives' and anchor babies at home scoring food, lodging and healthcare courtesy the taxpayer and then of course the cherry on top is when they file bogus tax returns and and that whopping refund for money they never paid in.

I sir live in PA where our Lowes and Home Despots are flooded with old people looking at paint samples and Puerto Ricans are shoplifting drywall screws by the piece. Not a Mexican for as far as anyone can see.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 07:46:36 pm »

This, about the workers standing out there every morning is well-known to be true, it is depicted in a law and order episode and that's NYC.

It's in the movie "El Norte" which is actually pretty good I'd say and that's from the 1980s, so this has been going on for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNUr0F-NXRs    It has to be in the last 10 minutes of that movie that they show that.

I don't want to say it's a stereotype but it definitely is common. 

Good movie and I'd say mostly devoid of political overtones, a level portrayal.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 07:58:26 pm »
No sh*t.

We didn't really believe anyone would actually walk 1500 miles just for a 15 dollar an hour job, did we?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 08:41:06 pm »
I sir live in PA where our Lowes and Home Despots are flooded with old people looking at paint samples and Puerto Ricans are shoplifting drywall screws by the piece. Not a Mexican for as far as anyone can see.
YET! Back in the 90's I started losing crew, I ran MickeyD's, not just individuals but families of Hispanics(no the legal kind, I did the hiring and it would be my ass in a sling) who were moving to Tennessee and surrounding states because they were told it was cheaper to live and believe it or not one of the main reasons was to get away from all the illegals that were hindering their children in learning and speaking English, getting educated and blending in to the American culture. That was over twenty years ago and there are still Hispanics moving away, if they can from the illegals and trouble they bring and the illegals themselves are looking for less........competitive troughs to feed off taxpayers.