Author Topic: Mullah Abdul Manan, Taliban leader, killed in U.S. drone strike  (Read 773 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Mullah Abdul Manan, Taliban leader, killed in U.S. drone strike
« on: December 02, 2018, 10:33:31 pm »
Mullah Abdul Manan, Taliban leader, killed in U.S. drone strike
Carlo Muñoz
- The Washington Times - Sunday, December 2, 2018

The top Taliban shadow governor who held sway in one of Afghanistan’s largest and most volatile provinces was killed in American drone strike, Afghan and Taliban officials confirmed Sunday.

Mullah Abdul Manan and four other Taliban commanders were killed when their convoy traveling through the Nawzad district of southern Afghanstan’s Helmand Province was struck by U.S. drones on Saturday. The strike took place inside the Afghan district where Mulla Manan served as the “shadow” governor, taking his position as the highest-ranking Taliban official in the embattled corner of southern Helmand province.

As the shadow governor for Nawzad district, which straddles the Afghan-Pakistan border, Mullah Manan was the Taliban’s point person responsible for the group’s narcotrafficking operations across the border, Afghan officials say. In a statement, Taliban officials said Mullah Manan’s death was a “major loss” to the organization, saying the slain Taliban leader was integral in driving most of Helmand province away from the central government in Kabul and under the Taliban flag, according to a statement by Voice of America.

Continued at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/2/mullah-abdul-manan-taliban-leader-killed-us-drone-/

Offline dfwgator

Re: Mullah Abdul Manan, Taliban leader, killed in U.S. drone strike
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 10:40:49 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 11:29:37 pm »
    WTF are we still doing there?   Give it to the House of Saud to create a Northern Front on Iran and be done with that CF of a country.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 11:36:22 pm »
    WTF are we still doing there?   Give it to the House of Saud to create a Northern Front on Iran and be done with that CF of a country.

Best ask "Poppy" Bush's little boy.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 01:04:55 am »
   Granted @bigheadfred Bush Jr decided to up the ante there and obummer didn't know wtf to do but after 17 years you gotta ask yourself Does the pentagon get a cut of the receipts of the new Trump Tower in Kabul?  This is beyond lunacy we've been there longer than we were in Vietnam with the same disastrous results.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 02:50:37 am »
Best ask "Poppy" Bush's little boy.
That's fair, but GW's been gone for 10 years. I could be wrong but I seem to recall that that guy who came in after him had some intent of pulling our military out and closing GITMO.........................at least before he was elected. And now two years into another Presidents term we continue spend American lives, blood and tax dollars without anything really changing. Enough is enough, let them kill themselves instead of giving them our boys to use as targets. Hell we can't even trust our supposed allies not to kill American soldiers.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 03:10:31 am »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.