Author Topic: Trump Reportedly Wants To Withdraw All US Troops From Afghanistan By The Next Presidential Election  (Read 609 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:

Trump Reportedly Wants To Withdraw All US Troops From Afghanistan By The Next Presidential Election

By Jeff Schogol   on November 28, 2018

President Donald Trump is expected to withdraw all U.S. troops from Afghanistan by the 2020 presidential election, NBC News reported on Wednesday.

“Both the State Department and the Defense Department are acting like a drawdown is going to come sooner rather than later,”  Thomas Joscelyn, a senior fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, told Task & Purpose.

Since the Taliban are only interested in evicting the U.S. from Afghanistan so they can reconquer the entire country, the war has been decided in their favor, Joscelyn said.

“We lost,” he said. “They won. This means that we lost the original 9/11 war. The negotiations are desperate, trying to save some face on the way to give us the appearance of leaving without losing, but the reality is that it is a loss.”

See full article at: https://taskandpurpose.com/trump-afghanistan-drawdown/

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:04:19 am by TomSea »

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
We were never going to win those wars. Believing otherwise indicates a misunderstanding of the situation. There's no uniformed and organized force to fight. You can't tell the locals from the bad guys, and new people become the bad guys every day. The only way to stop Middle Eastern extremism is to kill everybody in the Middle East.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Good.  I hope he does it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Following our defeat of Japan and Germany, we occupied our defeated enemies.

In those prearlier times, we were serious, and committed to doing whatever it took.

Now we have lost our institutional memory, our military can't even remember how we did that.

Time after time after time, we let our troops get fragged by filthy Afghans.

And of course we lack the political will, to kill a few hundred thousand civilians and make them know they lost, and that worse could come if they don't stay defeated.

We defeated Japan's and Germany's "idealogy" with bombs.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline andy58-in-nh

Better late than never. But I would prefer to get out now, before one more American life is sacrificed for nothing.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline goodwithagun

I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Trump Reportedly Wants To Withdraw All US Troops From Afghanistan By The Next Presidential Election"

Don't wait that long, sir.

Get them out as quickly as you can.