Author Topic: Millennials Finally Moving Out Of Parents’ Basements  (Read 2255 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Millennials Finally Moving Out Of Parents’ Basements
« on: November 26, 2018, 08:11:56 pm »
For the better part of a decade, we have been reading news stories about how the millennial generation is struggling to leave their parents’ homes.

Constant surveys show large percentages of the age group — which is never fully defined — still living at home well into adulthood. For example, in May of this year, one survey found nearly 23% of millennials were still living in their parents' home, up from 13.5% in 2005. That survey was from the real estate database company Zillow, which analyzed U.S. Census Bureau data between 2005 and 2016.

But in the latest survey, commissioned by the former Ernst & Young (EY) since 2016, it appears millennials are finally moving out on their own. Axios reports the number of millennials living at home has plummeted since EY’s last survey in 2016, from 30% to 16% in 2018. EY’s survey also found that home ownership among millennials has grown from 26% in 2016 to 40% in 2018.

There’s an obvious caveat here, and that is the millennial generation has grown two years since 2016 (obviously). Axios notes:

“The first survey was of individuals aged between 18 and 34; this year, it's of individuals aged 20 to 36. Who are naturally more likely to own homes and to no longer live with their parents.”

Also, EY’s 2016 survey was conducted by Public Opinion Strategies and GBA strategies, while the 2018 survey was conducted by Research Now. No one’s really heard of those companies, which doesn’t necessarily mean they can’t be trusted, but one should look at the numbers more skeptically than the Zillow study that used Census Bureau data.

Also, Axios points out that looking at the size of a change instead of the actual numbers behind that change, the “margins of error get magnified significantly.”

Still, this survey could spell good news not only for a generation of young Americans, but also the U.S. economy.

France is currently dealing with a violent uprising from its youth population, as thousands gathered in Paris on Saturday to protest rising fuel taxes.

“It’s going to trigger a civil war and me, like most other citizens, we’re all ready,” one 21-year-old protester said.

“They take everything from us. They steal everything from us,” said another.

Meanwhile, Republican tax cuts in the U.S. are leading to more economic growth (and more tax revenue, despite Democrat claims that the government would collect less), which could help explain the surge in millennial independence, though it would certainly not be the only factor.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/38699/millennials-finally-moving-out-parents-basements-ashe-schow
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Millennials Finally Moving Out Of Parents’ Basements
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 08:12:12 pm »
Well now...  :2popcorn:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 08:19:27 pm »
From the article.....
“France is currently dealing with a violent uprising from its youth population, as thousands gathered in Paris on Saturday to protest rising fuel taxes.

“It’s going to trigger a civil war and me, like most other citizens, we’re all ready,” one 21-year-old protester said.

“They take everything from us. They steal everything from us,” said another.”

I guess young people are not just fine with paying more taxes to fund social programs

The reality is people want to pay as few  taxes as possible
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 08:22:25 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 08:26:14 pm »
From the article.....
“France is currently dealing with a violent uprising from its youth population, as thousands gathered in Paris on Saturday to protest rising fuel taxes.

“They take everything from us. They steal everything from us,” said another.”

I guess young people are not just fine with paying more taxes to fund social programs

The reality is people want to pay as few  taxes as possible

Thank God they aren't all like @Dexter

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 08:30:44 pm »
So TRG,  One dexter thread wasn't enough for you....you damn masochist! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 08:34:04 pm »
So TRG,  One dexter thread wasn't enough for you....you damn masochist!

It's a slow day...

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 08:36:12 pm »
I guarantee the youth of France don't want France to emulate the United States. They are supportive of their safety nets. They're asking the government for even more protections. France has a strong history of humanitarian prioritization. They are extremely liberal.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 08:41:17 pm »
Thank God they aren't all like @Dexter

Most of them are a lot worse than me going by your standards.
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 09:16:30 pm »
Look in the World News category for a thread on the France riots. I recently posted a link to an article at No Pasaran that explains what's going on there. Hint: it's not all about taxes on diesel.

I guarantee the youth of France don't want France to emulate the United States. They are supportive of their safety nets. They're asking the government for even more protections. France has a strong history of humanitarian prioritization. They are extremely liberal.
@Dexter, Dexter, Dexter. Did you ever meet a baseless generalization you didn't like? Or are you as much an expert on French youth as you are of those in Sweden?   **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Dexter

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 09:19:02 pm »
@Dexter, Dexter, Dexter. Did you ever meet a baseless generalization you didn't like? Or are you as much an expert on French youth as you are of those in Sweden?   **nononono*

You think the French youth are screaming for American conservatism? "Get rid of national healthcare and college!" is not part of their battle cry. Come on...

Seriously?
-Socrates

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 10:45:32 pm »
I didn't say they were.

I just don't believe you know what they're thinking.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 10:47:57 pm »
I didn't say they were.

I just don't believe you know what they're thinking.

Because of obvious truths about the world it's usually safe to make certain assumptions in an online debate. I think the point I originally made is entirely valid.
-Socrates

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2018, 10:50:20 pm »
It's apparent you really believe your own opinions. 

Offline Dexter

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2018, 10:53:07 pm »
you really believe your own opinions.

You don't?
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2018, 10:54:41 pm »
You don't?

I think she's saying "I don't believe your opinions" in a much more diplomatic way that others would.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 11:14:09 pm »
What you’re seeing in France is a perfect example of what’s been said the last several days and that is there is a limit to how much people are willing to pay for things. Of course people support things that they think are free or that they’re told someone else pays for. Governments understand this that once you get people  dependent on social programs,  it’s hard to make any cuts.

What governments do then is they take the path of least resistance. They know that raising taxes too much can hurt the economy and could bring  a tax revolt similar what you’re seeing in France, but at the same time austerity isn’t very popular either and cuts in popular programs will get the same reaction. So it’s easier to print in borrow to hide from the public what some of these programs truly cost.

When  countries like Greece, Spain, Italy etc. went through their debt crisis and they were forced to implement austerity in order to get any kind of bail out from the IMF,  you saw riots over that, too

What you saw in southern Europe during the European debt crisis is just a taste of the future
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:19:36 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2018, 11:46:40 pm »
 The good news is, assuming this article is true, owning a home, building equity, and Owning property may change some of the millennials naïve viewpoints

Barry Goldwater

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2018, 12:00:01 am »
I think she's saying "I don't believe your opinions" in a much more diplomatic way that others would.
What I'm saying is that Dex says things he purports to believe - and insists they're facts, just because he wants them to be.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 12:02:27 am »
What I'm saying is that Dex says things he purports to believe - and insists they're facts, just because he wants them to be.

I don't make an assumption unless I'm pretty sure I'm right. If I'm wrong I'm willing to admit I was wrong and change my view.
-Socrates

Online berdie

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 12:05:50 am »
I don't make an assumption unless I'm pretty sure I'm right. If I'm wrong I'm willing to admit I was wrong and change my view.

No...you are not. wink777

Online mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 12:07:23 am »
Let us know when that happens.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2018, 12:15:03 am »
The good news is, assuming this article is true, owning a home, building equity, and Owning property may change some of the millennials naïve viewpoints

Even just paying rent and utilities are challenging to their viewpoints.  Get a Mortgage and you can add property tax (and its deductability on Schedule 1 of the 1040) and Insurance too.  I'm approaching closing on my Castle, and believe me, this stuff has been in the ront of my brain recently.  I'm not even using a Mortgage for this house.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2018, 12:15:58 am »

You haven't been wrong yet (you say), so the world has yet to learn the veracity of this claim.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2018, 12:18:21 am »

That's still an improvement over what I would have written. 
I will NOT comply.