Author Topic: Gowdy turns attention to Ivanka Trump's emails  (Read 2669 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gowdy turns attention to Ivanka Trump's emails
« on: November 24, 2018, 07:07:16 pm »
 By Andrew Blake - The Washington Times - Saturday, November 24, 2018

President Trump is being pressed for details on his daughter’s email use in office by the same Republican responsible for spearheading the congressional investigation into his former White House rival, Hillary Clinton, that uncovered details about her own email habits while secretary of state.

Rep. Trey Gowdy, the outgoing head of the House Oversight Committee, wrote the president’s chief of staff this week requesting further details about Ivanka Trump’s use of a private email address while serving as a formal adviser to her father.

“In light of the importance and necessity of preserving the public record and doing so in a manner that is reflective of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements, the Committee must assess whether the White House took adequate steps to archive Ms. Trump’s emails and prevent a recurrence,” Mr. Gowdy, South Carolina Republican, wrote in a letter Wednesday to John Kelly.

Mr. Gowdy, 54, led the House panel’s investigation into the 2012 terrorist attack at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, taking particular interest in Mrs. Clinton’s handling of the incident as secretary of state under former President Barack Obama. The probe ultimately uncovered substantial details about Mrs. Clinton’s use of a private email server for government business, and Mr. Gowdy, a former federal prosecutor, later claimed that she should have been subsequently charged for mishandling classified information.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/24/trey-gowdy-attention-hillary-ivanka-email/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Gowdy turns attention to Ivanka Trump's emails
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 07:28:21 pm »
et tu, Gowdy.  I thought it was just a bunch of NTers.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 07:35:00 pm »
Perfect example of why these fools, got the boot (or in Gowdy's case, QUIT before the heat hit him)

This topic is the least worthy of attention compared to many more.

What about Comey, Lynch, and others from the "opposition" party Mr. Gowdy?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 07:40:19 pm »
Gowdy did a sudden 'flip' a few months ago. It was weird. Nobody knows what got to him. But someone or something did. He is completely different than he was a year or two ago. He has decided to go over to the dark side for some reason nobody knows.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 08:03:00 pm »
So now, at last, Gowdy found his Johnson. *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 08:11:02 pm »
et tu, Gowdy.  I thought it was just a bunch of NTers.

This may be a softball investigation, the purpose of which is to clear the field in a friendly manner in order to prevent the democrats from doing an unfriendly investigation.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 08:33:58 pm »
This may be a softball investigation, the purpose of which is to clear the field in a friendly manner in order to prevent the democrats from doing an unfriendly investigation.

I thought of that too, and I hope we're correct.  I just don't trust Trey sometimes....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 08:35:05 pm »
Gowdy did a sudden 'flip' a few months ago. It was weird. Nobody knows what got to him. But someone or something did. He is completely different than he was a year or two ago. He has decided to go over to the dark side for some reason nobody knows.

I'd love to know why the sea change in Gowdy.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 11:21:01 pm »
So now, at last, Gowdy found his Johnson. *****rollingeyes*****

Howard?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 12:13:53 am »
Sure blame Gowdy when Donald Trump and his entire staff and family knew not to use private email.  If they didn't you would have to wonder where they were during Clinton email scandal.

It wasn't just Ivanka.  Bannon, Kushner.....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/19/ivanka-trump-used-personal-email-account-government-work-report/2062280002/

The idiocy is overwhelming.

redirected through Trump organization

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/10/03/exclusive-jared-kushners-personal-email-moved-trump-organization-computers-amid-public-scrutiny/728467001/

Wrong is wrong no matter who.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 12:32:09 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 01:15:46 am »
Sure blame Gowdy when Donald Trump and his entire staff and family knew not to use private email.  If they didn't you would have to wonder where they were during Clinton email scandal.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/19/ivanka-trump-used-personal-email-account-government-work-report/2062280002/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/10/03/exclusive-jared-kushners-personal-email-moved-trump-organization-computers-amid-public-scrutiny/728467001/

I agree with one of your statements; the idiocy IS overwhelming.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2018, 04:00:26 am »
Goober Gowdy was always a media flunky needy of attention.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 04:01:26 am by Absalom »

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2018, 05:51:31 am »
Wasn't Gowdy leaving the Congress?
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2018, 07:22:07 am »
Goober Gowdy was always a media flunky needy of attention.

Trey Gowdy is my kind of politician.  He has a voting record to prove it.  But of course since its Trumps liberal family that was using private email he must be a bad guy.

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Trey_Gowdy.htm
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 08:34:15 am »
OFFS Gowdy!

Would you Please just go find a ham sandwich and indict it?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2018, 09:30:26 am »
Trey Gowdy is my kind of politician.  He has a voting record to prove it.  But of course since its Trumps liberal family that was using private email he must be a bad guy.

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Trey_Gowdy.htm

We don't always agree Chosen, but when we do it is usually rock solid (as this time and your other posts in the other thread about the same subject). Give em hell girl... (ok been watching football today, my Tigers got crushed by Bama).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 11:39:58 am »
I'd love to know why the sea change in Gowdy.

Here’s my theory. Since there are hundreds of left wing media outlets and only a handful of legitimate (normal) national news outfits, he’s playing the odds in hopes to land any media gig after congress.  :shrug:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 01:08:14 pm »
But of course since its Trumps liberal family that was using private email he must be a bad guy.
@Chosen Daughter
You are jumping over a few steps, doncha think? According to the WH this is all just Dem propaganda, which apparently you have swallowed whole. The Dems are doing this just to cover their own history of flagrant security violations. They are 'investigating' her simply because she has a gmail account. Not because of what she used it for, because nobody knows that yet. Why investigate Ivanka for suspected security violations, when we already have definitive proof that Hillary/Huma and others sent above top secret information, information that Ivanka would never have access to, over unsecured networks? And yet, they get a pass?

I tend to believe that these are baseless charges. Not because of anything about Trump, but because the charges are way too convenient for the Democrats, and Ivanka does not have access to anything close to the information Hillary as Secretary of State would have posted unsecure. Ivanka does not know the names of foreign spies, for example. Hillary did know this type of intelligence and more, and she posted them on unsecured networks.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:10:10 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2018, 01:19:50 pm »
If Hilary is a Gowdy email investigation case study, I'd say Ivanka can sleep pretty well tonight.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2018, 01:37:09 pm »
@Chosen Daughter
You are jumping over a few steps, doncha think? According to the WH this is all just Dem propaganda, which apparently you have swallowed whole. The Dems are doing this just to cover their own history of flagrant security violations. They are 'investigating' her simply because she has a gmail account. Not because of what she used it for, because nobody knows that yet. Why investigate Ivanka for suspected security violations, when we already have definitive proof that Hillary/Huma and others sent above top secret information, information that Ivanka would never have access to, over unsecured networks? And yet, they get a pass?

I tend to believe that these are baseless charges. Not because of anything about Trump, but because the charges are way too convenient for the Democrats, and Ivanka does not have access to anything close to the information Hillary as Secretary of State would have posted unsecure. Ivanka does not know the names of foreign spies, for example. Hillary did know this type of intelligence and more, and she posted them on unsecured networks.

@240B

I agree with everything you wrote,but it was still an incredibly stupid thing for her to do because they HAD to know the Dims would come after them and equate it with the treason of Clinton.

And why wouldn't they,when it is a "two-fer" for them. Not only do they get to claim this proves that Bubbette! did nothing wrong,they even get to claim that Ivanka DID do something wrong.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2018, 01:51:14 pm »
I agree with everything you wrote,but it was still an incredibly stupid thing for her to do because they HAD to know the Dims would come after them and equate it with the treason of Clinton.

And why wouldn't they,when it is a "two-fer" for them. Not only do they get to claim this proves that Bubbette! did nothing wrong,they even get to claim that Ivanka DID do something wrong.

They did it because there is nothing to it. According to Ivanka and the WH, she was using her private email for private family matters and nothing 'official'. And the Democrats have already said that private email use is OK anyway, at least for Democrats it is. The information Hillary/Huma divulged on her 'private server' and her public email resulted in the deaths of foreign sources. I seriously doubt that Ivanka has gotten people executed sending emails about some party or whatever. Hillary did get people killed, with her open and arrogant disdain for official security procedures.

This stunt may backfire on the Democrats. It may result in reawakening the Hillary email scandal.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:52:00 pm by 240B »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2018, 02:27:28 pm »

They did it because there is nothing to it. According to Ivanka and the WH, she was using her private email for private family matters and nothing 'official'.

@240B

And that means  of course that she was doing the same thing that the Hilderbeast was doing,right?  ANYBODY that couldn't see THAT coming was politically stupid and blind.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2018, 04:12:43 pm »

It's not idiocy that's overwhelming, it's arrogance of the rich and powerful @Chosen Daughter . Doesn't matter if you're an independent, a Republican, or a Democrat. The rules don't apply to them.

When you have 4 star generals who took the Oath to the Constitution, using private email accounts to conduct their business without any fear of legal action, then you know the system is corrupt beyond repair.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2018, 04:41:44 pm »
It's not idiocy that's overwhelming, it's arrogance of the rich and powerful @Chosen Daughter . Doesn't matter if you're an independent, a Republican, or a Democrat. The rules don't apply to them.

When you have 4 star generals who took the Oath to the Constitution, using private email accounts to conduct their business without any fear of legal action, then you know the system is corrupt beyond repair.

And the argument that Ivanka or Jared didn't have access to sensitive information is wrong.

President Trump uses Ivanka like a Secretary of State.  She is present during many sensitive meetings.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 04:43:38 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2018, 04:44:12 pm »
Gowdy on Ivanka Trump's email investigation: 'I'm concerned anytime any president pre-judges the outcome'
By Brett Samuels - 11/25/18 11:23 AM EST

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) on Sunday said lawmakers would do their due diligence on White House senior adviser Ivanka Trump's use of a personal email account to conduct government business, and voiced disapproval of President Trump's dismissal of any wrongdoing by his daughter.

"I am concerned anytime any president pre-judges the outcome of an investigation," Gowdy said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

"Congress has a responsibility to make sure that the records and the Presidential Records Act is complied with, and that's true no matter who the person is," he added.

Gowdy, who is the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, has written to the White House and reached out to Ivanka Trump's attorney following a Washington Post report that she used private email to conduct government business.

The Republican lawmaker noted that it's a crime to divulge classified information, but using personal email to conduct public business on its own is not, though it breaks with regulations.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/418134-gowdy-on-ivanka-trumps-email-investigation-im-concerned-anytime
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34