Author Topic: Far-Right Conspiracy Theorist Laura Loomer Banned From Twitter After Attacking Muslim Congresswoman  (Read 979 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Inquisitr 11/21/2018

'This is not going to be the end of Laura Loomer,' she vowed.

Far-right figure Laura Loomer was banned by Twitter on Wednesday after attacking newly elected Democratic representative Ilhan Omar. The conservative conspiracy theorist lashed out at Omar, calling her “anti-Jewish” and saying that she is “pro Sharia.” According to The Daily Beast, the commentator vowed that this would “not be the end of Laura Loomer.”

According to Loomer, she was banned by the social media site after tweeting about the Minnesota politician.

More: https://www.inquisitr.com/5173571/far-right-conspiracy-theorist-laura-loomer-banned-from-twitter-after-attacking-muslim-congresswoman/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=yahoo&utm_campaign=homepagehttps://www.inquisitr.com/5173571/far-right-conspiracy-theorist-laura-loomer-banned-from-twitter-after-attacking-muslim-congresswoman/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=yahoo&utm_campaign=homepage

Offline jpsb

Far-Right Conspiracy Theorist Laura Loomer

LOL, No bias here. /s

Offline skeeter

Inquisitr 11/21/2018

'This is not going to be the end of Laura Loomer,' she vowed.

Far-right figure Laura Loomer was banned by Twitter on Wednesday after attacking newly elected Democratic representative Ilhan Omar. The conservative conspiracy theorist lashed out at Omar, calling her “anti-Jewish” and saying that she is “pro Sharia.” According to The Daily Beast, the commentator vowed that this would “not be the end of Laura Loomer.

Reading the headline I though Ms Omar might've been called an obscene name or something.

If calling someone anti-this or that is cause for banning Twitter is about to lose all of its leftwing members.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
 Twitter Unblocks Laura Loomer, but Account Remains “Restricted”
https://www.thepostemail.com/2018/11/23/twitter-unblocks-laura-loomer-but-account-remains-restricted/

On Friday evening, a number of Twitter users announced that Loomer’s account was restored.

Upon seeking out her profile, this writer noted that it is “restricted” as of press time.

It remains unclear why Twitter relented in its ban of the 25-year-old Trump supporter, and Loomer did not provide any clues.  Her profile statement now appears as “Twitter will not silence me. I am back.”

At approximately 4:00 p.m. EST, Loomer referred to the unlocked account as a “backup” and said she was “overwhelmed” by her followers’ support.  Prior to her original Twitter account being frozen, Loomer reportedly had more than a quarter-million followers.

Online mountaineer

Laura Loomer responds:
...  I merely shared a fact. Yes, the truth can now get you banned for life from the Internet, in America, the land of the free, and the only country with a First Amendment right.

The tweet that Twitter decided to ban me for was a tweet full of facts about Sharia law. It was a tweet directed at Ilhan Omar, a newly elected Congresswoman, a politician, a public figure, which pointed out that her support of Sharia law does not make her an ally for gay people, women, or Jews, as Twitter would like you to believe. ...

Put simply, Twitter is funded by Saudi Arabia and thus their terms of service policies are pro-Sharia and anti-First Amendment. This is why Twitter keeps banning conservatives. I am not the first nor will I be the last. If you believe in the First Amendment and free speech, then you, too, could be next.

Right now, Twitter, Facebook, Google and Apple think they are too big to be stopped, but that is not true. If Constitutionalists stand together and unite, we can stop all of this censorship. If we do not allow for both sides of the political spectrum to be heard, we will quickly become a totalitarian state. This is how tyranny begins: not with screams and bloodshed, but with compliance and silence.  ...

Yet, as you can probably guess, Linda Sarsour is still on Twitter. She has never been unverified. And she has never once been suspended for her actual hateful comments. Neither has her mentor Siraj Wahhaj. He is still allowed on Twitter. And yes, so is her other mentor, Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam who recently tweeted, “I’m not anti-Semite. I’m anti-termite”.  ...
More

I got a one day suspension from Twitter for agreeing with PETA that animals should not be tortured. I may have added that they should be killed humanely, then roasted to feed humans.  :pondering:

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Twitter has been very busy:
Breck Worsham  🇺🇸   @RebekahWorsham
Nov 25

So Twitter just banned Liz Crokin, a journalist who worked tirelessly to expose pedophiles and DC related child sex trafficking, yet the pro-pedophile pages she worked so hard to expose here on Twitter are still up and running.

Yeah. We see you, @Jack. We see you.
I guess Twitter's "jack" doesn't like exposing child molesters. Why, oh why?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Looks like Jesse Kelly has been reinstated.  Apparently, his suspension created quite a fuss.

Online mountaineer

Here's an account of Saul Montes-Bradley's twitter jail experience: He quotes the tweet that got him in trouble. It was in response to Ocasio Cortez's idiotic comment about the Central American invaders being the same as Jews in Nazi Germany. Saul explains how her comment was just plain stupid and provides a little history lesson on the Holocaust. Still banned, apparently, he concludes, "I have survived two terrorist attacks, I have lost family to the Nazis and my fiancee to Islamic terrorists. I have endured incarceration and torture for Liberty's sake. A bunch of nerds in diapers are NOT going to tell me what to say, how to say it or when to say it.  Enough is enough."

It's a good read: The Twitter Healthy Conversation Canard; How Twitter Silences.